• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

@Arc7Kuroi @Deceived3596 now that Tybw anime is considered as Primary Canon in wiki why don't we use Zanpackto arc as canon? CFYOW states few things from that arc and Tybw anime has Background from Koga vs Byakuya fight.? It's good for scaling materials
Kubo said he is involved in every process of the anime even to the point he supervises every spoken line by the voice actors. If the Koga fight is canon in his new vision then it is canon.

@Arc7Kuroi @Deceived3596 now that Tybw anime is considered as Primary Canon in wiki why don't we use Zanpackto arc as canon? CFYOW states few things from that arc and Tybw anime has Background from Koga vs Byakuya fight.? It's good for scaling materials
I’ll tackle stuff like that after we wrap up the main continuity. Im not gonna dive into that rn, but I will later.

Who else doesn’t think here that the only reason Renji went to Mayuri with Hisagi IIRC to get his zanpakuto's sex changed in the manga omake was for him to bang his zanpakutou spirit? Nimaiya said some Soul Reapers did that, so…. Shunsui is probably one of them.

Who else doesn’t think here that the only reason Renji went to Mayuri with Hisagi IIRC to get his zanpakuto's sex changed in the manga omake was for him to bang his zanpakutou spirit? Nimaiya said some Soul Reapers did that, so…. Shunsui is probably one of them.
He what?

Excuse me...

SAFWY states Few things from Reigi Arc. It also can be used for Canon I think 🤔. Any thoughts on that.
ehh, just a mention of reigai arc characters shouldn't make them canon

@Arc7Kuroi @Deceived3596 now that Tybw ani me is considered as Primary Canon in wiki why don't we use Zanpackto arc as canon? CFYOW states few things from that arc and Tybw anime has Background from Koga vs Byakuya fight.? It's good for scaling materials
they also contradict it, by saying Muramasa is a clan sword, and not any individual's Zanpakuto like it is in the Zanpakuto rebellion arc

It also doesn't really have a place to fit in. I think its inclusion wasn't really that deep of a thing. I don't think it's them telling us the flood gates are opened, and all of these filler arcs are canon

ehh, just a mention of reigai arc characters shouldn't make them canon
The fact it's not about just characters some events are mentioned too
they also contradict it, by saying Muramasa is a clan sword, and not any individual's Zanpakuto like it is in the Zanpakuto rebellion arc
Not really it was not explained in Zanpackto rebellion arc how Koga got Muramasa. Also the power it had worthy to be called as Clan Zanpackto. You can say due to war Head of the family may have given that Zanpackto to Koga. Because it just falls under assumption at this point.

Not really it was not explained in Zanpackto rebellion arc how Koga got Muramasa
it was explained Muramasa was the clan sword

also in general the arc just does not fit in with the bleach manga. It's evidently made by the pierrot staff, and it doesn't even fit the characterization of certain characters from the manga.

Yama and Ginrei's assault on Koga just would not have happened like that in the bleach manga.

also in general the arc just does not fit in with the bleach manga. It's evidently made by the pierrot staff, and it doesn't even fit the characterization of certain characters from the manga.

Yama and Ginrei's assault on Koga just would not have happened like that in the bleach manga.
It fits. It was made to fit. So it fits. Because Kubo said it fits. It fits in his vision. So it fits in your side where the sun doesn't shine too. It just fits.

The power it had worthy to be called as Clan Zanpackto. You can say due to war Head of the family may have given that Zanpackto to Koga. Because it just falls under assumption at this point.
They were at war before Koga was sealed.
You know it's like a side story overall it doesn't Contradicts with anything.
Doesn't matter because they didn't lost to him beside they still locked him up without any Zanpackto help.

They were at war before Koga was sealed.
a clan sword isn't an idividual's zanpakuto from their soul imprinted on an asauchi

You know it's like a side story overall it doesn't Contradicts with anything.
more like filler. It couldn't really happen, and it's not referenced in the actual manga either.

Doesn't matter because they didn't lost to him beside they still locked him up without any Zanpackto help.
Yama's fighting style was radically different

Look, Muramasa even dies by the end. That doesn't fit with CFYOW

They also spend a long time just ******* around, when they should all be preparing for their battle with Aizen

a clan sword isn't an idividual's zanpakuto from their soul imprinted on an asauchi
Bruh Toki can use family Zanpackto even though it's not his. You know during the war it's possible instead of getting a asuchi it's possible Koga to got the Muramasa instead.
more like filler. It couldn't really happen, and it's not referenced in the actual manga either.
It's refering to Tybw anime in wiki we are taking it as primary canon.

Also you can fit this into after Aizen defeat arc.
Yama's fighting style was radically different
Additional scene

Look, Muramasa even dies by the end. That doesn't fit with CFYOW

Did CFYOW states anything about Muramusa still existing in Kuchiki clan? Definitely i don't remember that

Bruh Toki can use family Zanpackto even though it's not his. You know during the war it's possible instead of getting a asuchi it's possible Koga to got the Muramasa instead.
it's said to not be his own Zanpakuto tho, it's specified. He also had his own before it was confiscated

It's refering to Tybw anime in wiki we are taking it as primary canon.

Also you can fit this into after Aizen defeat arc.
When Ichigo had lost his powers and was heavily weakened? Sure...

it's said to not be his own Zanpakuto tho, it's specified. He also had his own before it was confiscated
Bruh current Era doesn't have any war but Koga era was filled with it. Also Koga is a commoner I don't think he did had any of his own Zanpackto.
When Ichigo had lost his powers and was heavily weakened? Sure...
He didn't lost all of his powers instantly. I mean what him being weaker would Contradicts anything?

He didn't lost all of his powers instantly. I mean what him being weaker would Contradicts anything?
Nah in the manga it's basically implied that he loses them basically instantly, and from what Kisuke says in the canon novel that's in UNMASKED, it implies he can't go back to a level where he can be a soul reaper

Also, then it wouldn't really be the "final" getsuga tensho, lmao. It's just silly if he can go fight people after performing Mugetsu. When trying to fit in this filler arc into the timeline, you're doing more mental work than the people who wrote it did

Nah in the manga it's basically implied that he loses them basically instantly, and from what Kisuke says in the canon novel that's in UNMASKED, it implies he can't go back to a level where he can fight captain tier characters
But we see him losing the power overtime. Also captain class may vary you know. The Byakuya and kenpachi at this point are not on the level of Shunsui and Yama despite all are captains.

But we see him losing the power overtime. Also captain class may vary you know. The Byakuya and kenpachi at this point are not on the level of Shunsui and Yama despite all are captains.
:rolleyes: Bro, if you're saying this is after FKT, Shunsui gets demolished by Byakuya.

Also, read this:

Urahara verbatum says the first stage of him losing his powers is getting knocked out, then the second stage is he wakes up and his remaining spiritual energy vanishes

:rolleyes: Bro, if you're saying this is after FKT, Shunsui gets demolished by Byakuya.
Idk. I don't think Shunsui trains like Byakuya and gets strong in every Arc. It's implied Byakuya reached Shunsui level in CFYOW.
Also, read this:

Urahara verbatum says the first stage of him losing his powers is getting knocked out, then the second stage is he wakes up and his remaining spiritual energy vanishes

Yeah my bad manga also has instant loss of Ichigo powers

Idk. I don't think Shunsui trains like Byakuya and gets strong in every Arc. It's implied Byakuya reached Shunsui level in CFYOW.
You're saying "Shunsui level" like he's static throughout the series, when he's not

You'd be surprised, cause he really does train and get stronger. You think he defeats Lille with the same power he had against starrk?

Also regardless, FKT Shunsui <<<<<< FKT Byakuya. He practically shat on Yammy, who's leagues above Starrk's ceros

Pretty sure most the filler take place in between SS and HM Invasion

Cept the Regai I think...that was post FKT right?
Yes. However the sheer fact that right after Ichigo passes out after using Mugetsu and wakes up for the first time over a month later and loses his powers the same day he wakes up on basically renders null the possibility of the Reigai arc being canon. Because in that arc, while Ichigo still loses his powers overtime, he is up and about.

With that being said, Ouko (main antagonist during the Reigai arc) is stated to actually exist in the main story as per the SAFWY novel. Just like in the Reigai arc, he was a scientist doing research on mod souls. It is unfortunate because that would've served as perfect canonicity support had the manga not blatantly contradicted the way Ichigo lost his power.

Last edited:
Back