• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Sometimes they are outright statements about something, like GiGi being a man, despite the Bleach wiki having a fit over it lol

IIRC, there were sketches adapted into the anime (the superhero thing). Imagine if those linked above also get adapted in the final fight xD

What would these sketches even be used for?
And he's talking about, I assume at least the fifth image and second to last one.

The sketches are just illustrations... They don't have any kind of special signifigance. I don't get why people are trying to treat them as some kind of Word of God statements.
The end sketches always connect to the story, it’s not that hard to understand, sometimes they’re symbolic, sometimes they’re literal. There’s an end chapter sketch of Uryu saving that Arrancar girl a literal event, and there’s stuff like Ichigo’s badge breaking during his Ulq fight symbolizing White taking full control. You also have some like Kubo endorsing MoN. It’s so blatantly obvious that they add to the story, that’s why I enjoy the manga over the anime for Bleach, you get a little extra content with those sketches.

So those end sketches with the battle with Yhwach mean one of two things: either Yhwach was crumbling the universe as they fought or Yhwach was going to crumble the universe. CFYOW tells us there was a magnitude quake of unprecedented scale and that it nearly shattered the barriers on impact. Either way it just lines up with what we are told in the manga. Kubo goes on the record to say he adds subtleties to his manga, one of the ways he does so is through the end chapter sketches. Stopping being so thick headed when it comes to Bleach, you can’t have a close mind and then still be able to accurately interpret the story, Bleach requires you to read between the lines it doesn’t spoon feed you.

@Arc7Kuroi; I don't care, I refuse to entertain the notion.

They're fun, little bonus sketches. That's it. We're not taking them as canon.

"Read between the lines" sounds a lot like "make up your own head-canon about Bleach".

The end sketches always connect to the story, it’s not that hard to understand, sometimes they’re symbolic, sometimes they’re literal. There’s an end chapter sketch of Uryu saving that Arrancar girl a literal event, and there’s stuff like Ichigo’s badge breaking during his Ulq fight symbolizing White taking full control. You also have some like Kubo endorsing MoN. It’s so blatantly obvious that they add to the story, that’s why I enjoy the manga over the anime for Bleach, you get a little extra content with those sketches.

So those end sketches with the battle with Yhwach mean one of two things: either Yhwach was crumbling the universe as they fought or Yhwach was going to crumble the universe. CFYOW tells us there was a magnitude quake of unprecedented scale and that it nearly shattered the barriers on impact. Either way it just lines up with what we are told in the manga. Kubo goes on the record to say he adds subtleties to his manga, one of the ways he does so is through the end chapter sketches. Stopping being so thick headed when it comes to Bleach, you can’t have a close mind and then still be able to accurately interpret the story, Bleach requires you to read between the lines it doesn’t spoon feed you.
I think that's really pushing it at that point.

Not that what you're saying is absolutely wrong, but that it can only mean two things.

Because when I look at those sketches, especially the first three in context with chapters they go along with. It looks more like that's just one of the many futures that was, being discarded as Yhwach uses his All-Mighty to rewrite it.

My reasoning, in the very chapter that Ichigo first slashes Yhwach in half, we're shown what looks like a cut dividing the universe(?) and the chapter following that before Yhwach reactivates All-Mighty we're still shown that universe being destroyed. The very chapter where Yhwach reactivates All-Mighty and explains his power to Ichigo we're then shown several more Universes. This seems more like a metaphor for how Ichigo was aiming for that one future in which he wins and Yhwach is killed, but then Yhwach disacards that very future and chooses one of the many in which he's still victorious.

Trying to use visuals as an argument to for the collapse is blatantly dumb. Otherwise Seireitei wouldn't fall under any country size. Same for Las Noches.

@Arc7Kuroi; I don't care, I refuse to entertain the notion.

They're fun, little bonus sketches. That's it. We're not taking them as canon.

"Read between the lines" sounds a lot like "make up your own head-canon about Bleach".
You can’t refuse to take them canon when shit that happens in those sketches is quite literal made canon in the manga/anime. It’s pure negligence. Your post sounds like laziness incarnate and a refusal to delve into the series because it’s too hard to scale for you.

Idgaf if you wont entertain the notion it’s part of the story get used to it.

I think that's really pushing it at that point.

Not that what you're saying is absolutely wrong, but that it can only mean two things.

Because when I look at those sketches, especially the first three in context with chapters they go along with. It looks more like that's just one of the many futures that was, being discarded as Yhwach uses his All-Mighty to rewrite it.

My reasoning, in the very chapter that Ichigo first slashes Yhwach in half, we're shown what looks like a cut dividing the universe(?) and the chapter following that before Yhwach reactivates All-Mighty we're still shown that universe being destroyed. The very chapter where Yhwach reactivates All-Mighty and explains his power to Ichigo we're then shown several more Universes. This seems more like a metaphor for how Ichigo was aiming for that one future in which he wins and Yhwach is killed, but then Yhwach disacards that very future and chooses one of the many in which he's still victorious.
Woah remember when I say they support what we see in the manga, I’m not claiming they’re the basis to scale whatever.

Im just saying we are told over and over again that Yhwach will destroy everything and then that’s what we see in the post chapter sketches. It’s rather simple. They aren’t proof he actually did it but they support what we are told in the manga nonetheless.

Woah remember when I say they support what we see in the manga, I’m not claiming they’re the basis to scale whatever.

Im just saying we are told over and over again that Yhwach will destroy everything and then that’s what we see in the post chapter sketches. It’s rather simple.
And I was saying that I disagree with that being the true representation of those sketches. You yourself said:
So those end sketches with the battle with Yhwach mean one of two things: either Yhwach was crumbling the universe as they fought or Yhwach was going to crumble the universe.
I don't think that at all. I think they're more indicative of how the All-Mighty works and how in the end Yhwach loses.

And I was saying that I disagree with that being the true representation of those sketches. You yourself said:

I don't think that at all. I think they're more indicative of how the All-Mighty works and how in the end Yhwach loses.
If you believe they are a representation of how the Almighty works (which sees and chooses the future), then it means that in some futures the universe collapses as per those sketches. So my two interpretations still default go into yours.

If you believe they are a representation of how the Almighty works (which sees and chooses the future), then it means that in some futures the universe collapses as per those sketches. So my two interpretations still default go into yours.
No, it doesn't.
I said earlier that I think that means Yhwach discards that very future and chooses one of the many in which he's still victorious. I'm taking the visuals as a metaphor not a literal representation of what's going on, otherwise, I'd be arguing that when Ichigo cut Yhwach down the middle he also destroyed that universe.

I'm taking the visuals as a metaphor not a literal representation of what's going on, otherwise, I'd be arguing that when Ichigo cut Yhwach down the middle he also destroyed that universe.
Maybe I didn't explain my one interpretation as well as I should have, but the metaphor was one of them.

Ichigo cutting through Yhwach representing the universe being split in the end sketch. It depicts Yhwach as the universe which is fitting as he is the current Soul King and holds the power to destroy and create the universe as he pleases (as per CFYOW).

Also if Ichigo straight up killed Yhwach and obliterated all of Yhwach's reiatsu it would destroy the entire universe, because Yhwach is the Soul King, so the scan can be taken literally. Yhwach dying (with no one to take up the SK mantle) spells the end of the universe, since he can no longer maintain it with his power.

Maybe I didn't explain my one interpretation as well as I should have, but the metaphor was one of them.

Ichigo cutting through Yhwach representing the universe being split in the end sketch. It depicts Yhwach as the universe which is fitting as he is the current Soul King and holds the power to destroy and create the universe as he pleases (as per CFYOW).

Also if Ichigo straight up killed Yhwach and obliterated all of Yhwach's reiatsu it would destroy the entire universe, because Yhwach is the Soul King, so the scan can be taken literally. Yhwach dying (with no one to take up the SK mantle) spells the end of the universe, since he can no longer maintain it with his power.
And I shall leave this alone until the other thread opens back up in that case.

You forgot to add that the anime has adapted those sketches which makes them canon.

Okay, but are all of the sketches normally adapted into the anime in non-omake formats?
Most of the sketches are symbolic (substitute badge breaking, snake piercing the butterfly, etc etc) so they're not so much in the anime iirc. I'd have to reread and rewatch the anime side by side to answer that. But afaik the ones that can actually be adapted (Uryu saving a chick being the example I remember) are adapted.

Regardless they are sketches that represent the current state of the chapter/manga. To disregard them entirely would be stupid. It'd be like if the author gave a quick summary at the end of the chapter and someone said "nOt CaNoN sInCe ItS pOsT cHaPtEr", like cmon people.

Last edited:
Didn't they tell IMade to take his time? So much for that I guess.
DhRohPh.png

It literally hasn't even been a week, people need to have some patience and understand that people are busy IRL, all they've done now is make themselves wait longer because IMade has to counter yet another wall of text on top of the first one.

Last edited:
Some CRT's go on for months and they can't even wait a week, furthering the notion that they want this done and closed as soon as possible.

So reading his new posts the arguments are roughly.

1. I don’t give a **** about the lore statements in Bleach only what I can physically see.

2. I don’t like your interpretation.

3. You can’t upgrade from statements alone even though the statement page says you can. 🤔

Back