• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Source.

All info from Bleach_krkrk on Twitter.

1. The conversation between Aizen and Yhwach: Despite the anime depicting Aizen's mouth as already unsealed in this scene, it is confirmed that they were actually conversing through Reiatsu. So it seems that the way it was shown as a normal vocal conversation in the anime was actually a figurative depiction, probably to make it more understandable to the audience. Additionally, it is explicitly confirmed that Aizen used his Kyouka Suigetsu to manipulate Yhwach's sense of time here. Although that was already rather obvious, neither the manga or anime actually confirmed that it was Kyouka Suigetsu's ability until now.
  2. The war 1,000 years ago: Kubo explicitly states that Sasakibe stabbing Yhwach in the back was the "deciding factor" in his battle with Yamamoto 1,000 years ago. This confirms that scene was an actual flashback to the war 1,000 years ago and not just symbolic as some have argued in the past, and also lends some credence to the fan theories that Sasakibe was intentionally targeted by Yhwach as the first Shinigami to kill.
  3. Ichigo's flower motif: Ichigo's symbolic flower shown at the end of the opening and in the special ED is the gloriosa, or flame lily. In hanakotoba (Japanese flower language), the gloriosa means "courage", hence why it was chosen to represent Ichigo.
  4. Reiatsu & technique colours: It is confirmed that there are particular reasonings behind the colours of characters' Reiatsu and techniques, though exact details are not given. In Ichigo's case, his normal Reiatsu is yellow, but when he confronted Yhwach his Reiatsu was shown changing from yellow to red when he became enraged.
  5. Meninas McAllon: In the storyboarding stage, she was drawn winking in a flirtatious way, however this was cut from the final version. The reason for this is Kubo intends Meninas to be a completely emotionless character.
  6. Berenice Gabrielli's ability: His ability is something along the lines of, "he can make an objection to something, and the opponent is penalized if they fail to overcome that objection." Berenice seems to be able to object to anything, and their opponent is forced to respond. Berenice explains his ability using the German word "sollen", which expresses the idea of something that should be done or the way something ought to be, such as being ordered to do something or being compelled by moral duty. Against Zaraki, Berenice objected to Zaraki's "killing intent". But since his hearing was previously damaged by Jerome, Zaraki did not hear and therefore was not affected by the objection, so responded by simply ripping his throat out.

Well nice to have a confirmation

“it can be said that Aizen and Kyoka Suigetsu are once again fused. On top of being able to manifest a zanpakutō as a weapon, it doesn't seem to require a zanpakutō to be put into the ability, nor is it necessary to unlock it. It is the strongest zanpakutō with no weaknesses.”

Well nice to have a confirmation

“it can be said that Aizen and Kyoka Suigetsu are once again fused. On top of being able to manifest a zanpakutō as a weapon, it doesn't seem to require a zanpakutō to be put into the ability, nor is it necessary to unlock it. It is the strongest zanpakutō with no weaknesses.”
source?

61c0c38354164.jpeg

Unmasked confirmed orhimes ability transcended soul reapers and was in the realm of God.

Also confirmed that masked ichigo was equal to condom aizen. Which given guessed was the case and saw ichigo as their only hope against him

I think perfected hikone would have been prime soul king tier. He would have been able to override yhwachs control over the 3 realms

Says who? what implies a version of hikone I’m presuming created by Kisuke or mayuri would be at psk level. Nothing in cfyow implies or supports that notion he be anywhere near that level. What’s your reasoning for this ?
He would be able to control all the realms from the kyogoku without the need of taking reios power. Tokinada also said hikone would become true god

Well it is stated that Hikone had the potential to be a Yhwach level threat. So, Hikone having a sealing at or above Yhwach isn’t crazy.

What would you think of seeing a possible queen of souls or something like that in London Reverse, since for many years the queen was a symbol in the United Kingdom. Just a little bolder thinking of course

Kubo hinted that he wants to continue working on this project, from what I saw in the interviews. I don't know if he changed his mind recently, because of the return of the anime or the possible hell arc, or if both will be worked on in parallel

Kubo hinted that he wants to continue working on this project, from what I saw in the interviews. I don't know if he changed his mind recently, because of the return of the anime or the possible hell arc, or if both will be worked on in parallel
There's quite litterally a draft of BTW volume 2 at the end of the first

It seems like Kisuke Implies that if he made a second hogyoku that he would give it to Ichigo, but then later on implies that it wouldnt turn out great if he did…
Idk if i misunderstood what was being said in the convo.
This was in cfyow, convo between Urahara and Aura i believe

Back