• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Personally I’d scale Yamamoto’s Bankai to at least High 6-A for planetary overtime from his aura, or planetary (or higher because multipliers) based on SAFWY Kenpachi being able to destroy the Dangai. Albeit I guess we will see where he’s best suited once I get to that SAFWY thread (hopefully over winter break)

How big is the Dangai again?

It fit WotL and SS in it with plenty of space to spare so larger than 2 planets bare minimum

Wait I thought Dangai separated the dimensions of the SS and WOTL?

main-qimg-b2475f24cf4c0c7f5bbd2853a4845927

Cept Sokyoku isn't a Shinigami plus has numerous statements of it being above everything in existence at the same ( obv not counting Reio even in his weak state )
It may not be, but Kenpachi in the SAFWY novel clashed with Azashiro's Reishi spear, which far surpassed the Sokyoku in power.

Bankai Yamamoto>SAFWY Kenpachi

That's why I said that I'd personally scale him to the Sokyoku

Mans said memories of nobody isn't canon but didn't explain why, actual melvin moment.
Memories of nobody is not written by kubo, and the only material he regarded as canon were the valley of screams, if you read volume 69. Unless you wanna say every movie is canon and hell verse ( which has more author involvement than memories of nobody) is canon

Memories of nobody is not written by kubo, and the only material he regarded as canon were the valley of screams, if you read volume 69. Unless you wanna say every movie is canon and hell verse ( which has more author involvement than memories of nobody) is canon
Actual 2016 moment

You telling me that the Berserk chapters that came out after Miura's death aren't canon? And RWBY after Monty's death also isn't canon?

Damn... I better get them CRTs going to make separate keys. 🙊
False equivalency. Kubo is very much alive, and both parties were entrusted to continue the original work.

False equivalency. Kubo is very much alive, and both parties were entrusted to continue the original work.
Neither of the two series is being written by their original authors and instead they entrusted someone else to continue the original work just like how Narita was entrusted by Kubo to make a novel.

There's no room for false equivalency here...

never thought i see another moment where someone says MoN is not canon with that weak excuse, next he gonna say novels are non canon, even if kubo said they are

Neither of the two series is being written by their original authors and instead they entrusted someone else to continue the original work just like how Narita was entrusted by Kubo to make a novel.

never thought i see another moment where someone says MoN is not canon with that weak excuse, next he gonna say novels are non canon, even if kubo said they are
Kubo never said Memories of nobody was canon, only the kyogoku

That's literally not how 95% of 200s shonen movies work, the studio decides to write a movie, they may ask the original author for character or location designs, that's about it for author involvement.

That's literally not how 95% of 200s shonen movies work, the studio decides to write a movie, they may ask the original author for character or location designs, that's about it for author involvement.
Let's grandstand this point and say an author had no involvement in the movie whatsoever. They can still make it canon for whatever reason... It doesn't need to be penned by the original author to be made canon, the author can incorporate the consequences of the events in their own story, they can say it's canon, etc etc etc.

Nvm lil bro pullin up with the manga reader scans 💀 we're finished brothers

Edit: fun fact if you type manga reader without the space, ***********, it gets censored

Let's grandstand this point and say an author had no involvement in the movie whatsoever. They can still make it canon for whatever reason... It doesn't need to be penned by the original author to be made canon, the author can incorporate the consequences of the events in their own story, they can say it's canon, etc etc etc.

Nvm lil bro pullin up with the manga reader scans 💀 we're finished brothers

Edit: fun fact if you type manga reader without the space, ***********, it gets censored
The problem is kubo never said the entirety of the movie is canon, just that if you wanted more information on the KYOGOKU, to watch the movie.

Why are you assuming the movie isn't canon but the location is despite the fact Ichigo directly says he's been to the Valley of Screams only once before, which is only shown happening within the movie, making the events which happen in that location also canon.

Also nothing contradicts the movie being canon either, either from a narrative stand point or from a chronological timeline stand point.

You're just assuming it isn't canon because it isn't directly stated to be canon by Kubo, which is an argument from silence, Kubo doesn't need to directly tells us the movie's canon when he heavily implies it's through Ichigo's own words.

It would require a higher preponderance of evidence to assume the movie isn't canon compared to assuming it is given the stated above.

Why are you assuming the movie isn't canon but the location is despite the fact Ichigo directly says he's been to the Valley of Screams before, something which only happened within the movie, making the events which happen in that location also canon.

Also nothing contradicts the movie being canon either, either from a narrative stand point or from a chronological timeline stand point.

You're just assuming it isn't canon because it isn't directly stated to be canon by Kubo, which is an argument from silence, Kubo doesn't need to directly tells us the movie's canon when he heavily implies it's through Ichigo's own words.

It would require a higher preponderance of evidence to assume the movie isn't canon compared to assuming it is given the stated above.
what chapter did ichigo say this? because hes also been in a modified valley of screams made by riruka and yukio

The problem is kubo never said the entirety of the movie is canon, just that if you wanted more information on the KYOGOKU, to watch the movie.
To this point I don't really care cuz it still makes the movie cosmology information canon, since it is pertinent to the Kyogoku.

what chapter did ichigo say this? because hes also been in a modified valley of screams made by riruka and yukio
🤦‍♂️

Why are you assuming the movie isn't canon but the location is despite the fact Ichigo directly says he's been to the Valley of Screams before, something which only happened within the movie, making the events which happen in that location also canon.

You still need an official statement that it is canon. Also wrong, you require higher prevalence of evidence to assume it is canon.

Chapter 627
0627-004.png
Ichigo states he's been to the VoS before even though that did not and blatantly could not have happened outside the movie as VoS was first revealed in the movie...

“No you don't”, “Don't be stupid”, yes, you need. If there is no official evidence that the movie is canon, does not mean it can be canon because there are no contradiction. This is just baseless assumption.

Dread having another moment, Dread wants to get packed by 55th just like a few days ago in Discord, Dread wants the 55th salami special just like a few months ago in the 2-A Almighty thread

“No you don't”, “Don't be stupid”, yes, you need. If there is no official evidence that the movie is canon, does not mean it can be canon because there are no contradiction. This is just baseless assumption.
There is evidence...no idea why you're assuming there isn't.

The only thing it doesn't have is a direct statement from Kubo saying it's canon, he never said it wasn't either though.

There is evidence...no idea why you're assuming there isn't.

The only thing it doesn't have is a direct statement from Kubo saying it's canon, he never said it wasn't either though.
May I see the evidence?

“No you don't”, “Don't be stupid”, yes, you need. If there is no official evidence that the movie is canon,
We have official evidence, it's called Ichigo's own ******* statement, you're proving once again that you didn't read my post.

does not mean it can be canon because there are no contradiction. This is just baseless assumption.
Bruh.

Back