• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I asked this in a discord server

what do y’all think is the best Yamamoto Bankai meta and why:
0. Yama is just an ideal radiator (Low 6-B)
1. Yama is ocean vap overtime (6-A)
2. Yama is planet busting overtime (High 6-A)
3. Yama is beyond planetary (5-B to 5-A)
4. Soul Society is big (4-A)
5. Soul Society is really big (3-A)
Could you wank ZNT higher, because the Soul society doesnt include the seretei, but the muken as well ( either an infinite or near infinite space iirc)

Do you guys think the anime will reveal the RG's Shikai/Bankai? I hope so, just not really sure how they'd go about it without drastically extending the pretty short and stompish fights they're in

Was that the vollstandig? Do you think this is why the locket appears connecting the 2 parts of his body?
He uses it on ichigo and comp when they were trying to stop yhwach from absorbing Sk,his holy form is just a basic halo with wings same with perinda. During his fight with kenpachi it seems to have evolved giving him a different appearance

0620-004.png
I don’t think the wings are any indication of a character using Vollstandig. Askin’s Vollstandig looks nothing like this at all. It’s also never mentioned to be a Vollstandig. Is just reishi wings they can make.

I asked this in a discord server

what do y’all think is the best Yamamoto Bankai meta and why:
0. Yama is just an ideal radiator (Low 6-B)
1. Yama is ocean vap overtime (6-A)
2. Yama is planet busting overtime (High 6-A)
3. Yama is beyond planetary (5-B to 5-A)
4. Soul Society is big (4-A)
5. Soul Society is really big (3-A)
The term in and of itself, "Soul Society", has been shown to correspond to both the planet and the universe, not at the same time however. It all depends on the context. In Yamamoto's case the context clearly points at the planet. Same goes for the Sokyoku (another example). When it comes to the Reio, Yhwach and the Soul Cycle however, "Soul Society", "World of the Living" and "Hueco Mundo" are notoriously used to describe the universes.

I believe there's plenty of evidence to say that at least the primordial world was the size of a universe (making the 3 current realms multi-galaxy sized?) or even the World of the Living alone and from there the other realms as well.

Now, whether you use Yamamoto's own feats to determine how powerful he is or you scale him to feats above his own is a different question.

The same applies to the Memories of Nobody movie. The fact that Toshiro refuses to directly address the spherical objects (Soul Society and World of the Living) as "hoshi" and instead uses planets for comparison, strikingly similar to the "if they could be likened to planets" quote from CFYOW alongside the fact that a Kyogoku and a planet have to right to coexist as the Kyogoku are specifically formed within the Garganta means that in this case those spheres labeled as "Soul Society" and "World of the Living" do not describe planets at all.

The same applies to the Memories of Nobody movie. The fact that Toshiro refuses to directly address the spherical objects (Soul Society and World of the Living) as "hoshi" and instead uses planets for comparison, strikingly similar to the "if they could be likened to planets" quote from CFYOW alongside the fact that a Kyogoku and a planet have to right to coexist as the Kyogoku are specifically formed within the Garganta means that in this case those spheres labeled as "Soul Society" and "World of the Living" do not describe planets at all.
memories of nobody is not canon, the one thing thats canon about that movie is the valley of screams, which kubo said so himself

That is the question I'm asking you yes
I'd personally scale Bankai Yamamoto above the Sokyoku because of the "still the strongest Shinigami" databook statement. But his feats probably don't come to that level. Not sure if rising the temperature in a short span of time like what Yamamoto did in the anime can be calculated and/or yield good results (instantly vaped the water in Unohana's vase alongside all the clouds).

Kouga arc is canon. TYBW anime episode 4-5 have a Kouga appearance and since Shunsui zanpakutou is the same and he is in charge of what goes into the anime and that arc fits perfectly into the continuity post Aizen. It is canon.

I'd personally scale Bankai Yamamoto above the Sokyoku because of the "still the strongest Shinigami" databook statement.

Cept Sokyoku isn't a Shinigami plus has numerous statements of it being above everything in existence at the same ( obv not counting Reio even in his weak state )

We gotta remember Yamamoto was actively Holding back while in Bankai and he was missing 1 reiatsu vent meaning he could only exert 50% of his reiatsu

Personally I’d scale Yamamoto’s Bankai to at least High 6-A for planetary overtime from his aura, or planetary (or higher because multipliers) based on SAFWY Kenpachi being able to destroy the Dangai. Albeit I guess we will see where he’s best suited once I get to that SAFWY thread (hopefully over winter break)

Back