• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Bankai in Bleach are permanently destroyed once they have been destroyed with a couple of noted exceptions.

Yet Renji's entire Bankai, including the head, was destroyed in his fight with Byakuya and it showed up later with the head section intact the next time Renji used Bankai.
0516-005.png

Eh.

That doesn't explain the head being completely repaired
But it doesn't show the head being destroyed, just a few fragments of what appears to be the tail of Renji's Bankai. At no time does the scene (in the anime) show what happened to her head. And besides, nothing prevents Renji's Bankai head from being reassembled like the rest of his body, Renji may simply be able to control Zabimaru's fragments, not just the pieces.

But it doesn't show the head being destroyed, just a few fragments of what appears to be the tail of Renji's Bankai. At no time does the scene (in the anime) show what happened to her head. And besides, nothing prevents Renji's Bankai head from being reassembled like the rest of his body, Renji may simply be able to control Zabimaru's fragments, not just the pieces.
The scan Damage posted does show the head being destroyed, it's literally in pieces.

As for reassembling it, that's not how Renji's Bankai works, the body itself has segments that can separate and reconnect, this doesn't apply to the head when it's been smashed to pieces.

The scan Damage posted does show the head being destroyed, it's literally in pieces.

As for reassembling it, that's not how Renji's Bankai works, the body itself has segments that can separate and reconnect, this doesn't apply to the head when it's been smashed to pieces.
At no point in the entire Bleach series is it stated that the reconstruction of Zabiaru is limited to its pieces, if the pieces can be reassembled from fragments, why couldn't the head too? I don't remember any time in the series where this "limit" is established, is there any scan that confirms that Zabimaru's head cannot reassemble itself from fragments like the rest of her body?

At no point in the entire Bleach series is it stated that the reconstruction of Zabiaru is limited to its pieces, if the pieces can be reassembled from fragments, why couldn't the head too? I don't remember any time in the series where this "limit" is established, is there any scan that confirms that Zabimaru's head cannot reassemble itself from fragments like the rest of her body?
Except the parts can't be reassembled by fragments...that's literally the plot hole, Renji cannot repair his Bankai and yet it's almost entirely repaired after Byakuya destroys it

The joints of Renji's Bankai can be separated and reconnected because they're fixed together by his Reiatsu
0141-017.png
Again, Renji's Bankai being in comparatively fine condition after Byakuya decimates it is the plot hole, you can't use that as evidence to say Renji can repair his Bankai when we're told otherwise lol

Except the parts can't be reassembled by fragments...that's literally the plot hole, Renji cannot repair his Bankai and yet it's almost entirely repaired after Byakuya destroys it

The joints of Renji's Bankai can be separated and reconnected because they're fixed together by his Reiatsu
0141-017.png
Again, Renji's Bankai being in comparatively fine condition after Byakuya decimates it is the plot hole, you can't use that as evidence to say Renji can repair his Bankai when we're told otherwise lol
It doesn't really change anything, I reviewed the fight and the restructuring clearly took place when he deactivates the Bankai, after being defeated and having his Bankai fragmented, Renji deactivates it and Hihio Zabiru's fragmented body literally rebuilds itself from Reji's Reatsu, returning to its basic form. That is, Renji can rebuild his Zampakutō by deactivating it.

Also, another thing we have to keep in mind, this is not Renji's real Bankai, at most it's a Half-Bankai and doesn't necessarily have to share all the characteristics of a full Bankai.

It doesn't really change anything, I reviewed the fight and the restructuring clearly took place when he deactivates the Bankai, after being defeated and having his Bankai fragmented, Renji deactivates it and Hihio Zabiru's fragmented body literally rebuilds itself from Reji's Reatsu, returning to its basic form. That is, Renji can rebuild his Zampakutō by deactivating it.

Also, another thing we have to keep in mind, this is not Renji's real Bankai, at most it's a Half-Bankai and doesn't necessarily have to share all the characteristics of a full Bankai.
Renji cannot rebuild/repair/reassemble/whatever you want to call it his Bankai aside from reconnecting the segments with his Reiatsu, this is all but stated by Mayuri when he corrects Ichigo

It's a plot hole, I'm not sure why you're trying to hard to pretend otherwise when it's blatantly obvious

Renji cannot rebuild/repair/reassemble/whatever you want to call it his Bankai aside from reconnecting the segments with his Reiatsu, this is all but stated by Mayuri when he corrects Ichigo

It's a plot hole, I'm not sure why you're trying to hard to pretend otherwise when it's blatantly obvious

He got to lick Kubo's ass clean duh

Zabimaru is again fragmented by Szayel in cap 265 (may vary depending on the site) and even then it returns later, I'm more inclined to believe that she does have this ability since it happens more than once.

Zabimaru is again fragmented by Szayel in cap 265 (may vary depending on the site) and even then it returns later, I'm more inclined to believe that she does have this ability since it happens more than once.
Renji's Bankai was forcibly deactivated, it's clearly explained by Szayelaporro that Bankai can't be used in that room

You can believe what you want, some people believe the Earth is flat, it doesn't make it true though

Renji's Bankai was forcibly deactivated, it's clearly explained by Szayelaporro that Bankai can't be used in that room

You can believe what you want, some people believe the Earth is flat, it doesn't make it true though
And the last perspective to address that possibly offers a logical explanation is based on Mayuri's explanation, from what I could understand from Mayuri's explanation, he says that Renji can reshape Hihio Zabimaru by discarding the broken blades/parts, the anime made sure not to show several broken pieces like the head and the amount of fragments is clearly much less. My point is, if we consider this anime scene as superior Canon, maybe it's plausible.

I personally don't like to assume that something is a plot hole without first ruling out all the possibilities that explain it, at least any possibility I can think of, it would be arrogance and ignorance on my part to simply assume something as a plot hole without being reasonably sure.

And the last perspective to address that possibly offers a logical explanation is based on Mayuri's explanation, from what I could understand from Mayuri's explanation, he says that Renji can reshape Hihio Zabimaru by discarding the broken blades/parts, the anime made sure not to show several broken pieces like the head and the amount of fragments is clearly much less. My point is, if we consider this anime scene as superior Canon, maybe it's plausible.

I personally don't like to assume that something is a plot hole without first ruling out all the possibilities that explain it, at least any possibility I can think of, it would be arrogance and ignorance on my part to simply assume something as a plot hole without being reasonably sure.
Why would we ever consider the anime as superior to the manga in regards to canon lol?

And no, Mayuri makes absolutely zero implication of that, in fact, he strongly implies that Renji can't repair his Bankai at all by correcting Ichigo and explicitly saying it's missing all the destroyed pieces (albeit it ignores the fact that his Bankai was reduced to fragments which is the plot hole)

I think you just don't like the fact that a very blatant plot hole exists in Bleach to be honest, it's not the end of the world though, every long-running manga has it's share of plot holes.

William Shakespeare himself would cry and kneel before Tite Kubo if he'd read and understood the complex intricacies and poetic underpinnings of Bleach.

Truly the greatest piece of fiction to ever grace this world.
This but unironically. Bleach even references Shakespeare

William Shakespeare himself would cry and kneel before Tite Kubo if he'd read and understood the complex intricacies and poetic underpinnings of Bleach.

Truly the greatest piece of fiction to ever grace this world.
No, I really believe that taking on something like a plot hole should be the last of the last options, this goes for any works I know of, as for works I don't know I tend to trust the opinion of those in the know.

Before assuming anything negative, we must always first explore any possibility and if even after exhausting our brain, we don't find a minimally plausible answer, then we are entitled to draw a conclusion, whether negative or positive.

Not sure what you're talking about, though when it comes to feats that are pretty much represented the same way in the anime as the manga, we can use the anime for timeframe etc.
People used the light touching Aaroniero in the anime to override him dodging it in the manga even though that ignores the whole point of what happens when light touches him iirc.

Nevermind, I get what you're saying now

The anime can be used when scenes are the same as in the manga in order to pixel scale more accurately or get timeframes, it can also be used to clear up vague scenes such as Aaroniero dodging or not dodging light, since it was vague in the manga as to whether or not he actually did so, though I didn't see the thread you're referring to so can't really speak on it

However, in the case of Renji's Bankai, the anime straight up contradicts the manga, like it's irrefutable that the head of Renji's Bankai is broken in the manga

Back