• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Is OMZ quote, "the destructive power of an attack is x1000 times greater when you know its name. Then when you do not," from episode 57 canon?

RBC is one of the banks in Canada, you're getting hit with that copyright lawsuit gg
1. The tittle of the website is "RBC- Where The Real Bleach Content Is Written".
2. Copyright doesn't protect words. Trademark protects words.
3. To inflict upon a trademark I need to be selling a similar product than that of the bank. I'm not.
4. I don't live in Canada. Therefore their law doesn't apply to my country.

I do my research before going crazy.

It really eats me alive seeing the Q/A posted in Japanese in Kubo's Twetter and I can't read them lol.
Does anyone know a group or a site where someone translates them right away?

It really eats me alive seeing the Q/A posted in Japanese in Kubo's Twetter and I can't read them lol.
Does anyone know a group or a site where someone translates them right away?
Just learn japanese . With some hard work, by the time the anime end, you might be able to translate some words.🤓

That's basically what's implied. Even if Ichibei talks about the soul cycle, he actually doesn't know what happened and was most likely told by tricked by Tokinada's family about it.
i can see somebody saying that just because he lied about one thing it wouldn't mean everything he'd said is a lie. is there any refutes to that?

i can see somebody saying that just because he lied about one thing it wouldn't mean everything he'd said is a lie. is there any refutes to that?
Whenever the balance is at stake because of the so-called "balance of souls" as Tokinada says, nothing ever happens. We see in the beginning of the thousand year blood war arc that the Quincy are killing a lot of Hollows and the balance of the worlds is collapsing, but Mayuri fixes it. The only time we see the worlds themselves tremble is when the Soul King is removed from the picture. Tokinada and the others say that the Soul King balances the words, but that too is a lie. The shinigami does the balancing instead because he cannot move, but that could be the lie to protect the secret of original sin. All the so called balance of souls been broken did was open the maws of hell which is different to the Soul King's dead.

The Tsunayashiro family was just scum, despicable, trash, and dishonest. It's essentially confirmed the entire family line is unreliable for any information, so if we get any description from them by a narrator then that's more likely reliable than anything the characters say.

Then again Arc said databooks confirm that Shinigami balance souls, so I guess that just takes care of everything related to the soul cycle unless we get something new confirming that it was a lie.

Databooks confirm Shinigami balance souls not Reio as well, and omniscient narrator > fallible characters.
Never doubt it that. The question is "why" they balance the flow of souls and then "say" to others that the Soul King balances the flow of souls. This is a lie like the original sin. Which goes back to my original question - are the shinigami really balancing the worlds? Or is that an act to hide the truth about the original sin? So far nothing happened when the balance was disturbed. The only two occurrences were in the Soul Society when the Soul King was removed from the equation and later on the Hell Arc one shot where the balance was stated to be broken but the worlds NEVER trumble away like when the Soul King's death happened. Now I'm more convince that Mayuri broke that balance in SS when he killed all those Rukongai souls to feed the lie about the balance of souls and with the captains deaths the maws of hell were opened.

The Tsunayashiro family was just scum, despicable, trash, and dishonest. It's essentially confirmed the entire family line is unreliable for any information, so if we get any description from them by a narrator then that's more likely reliable than anything the characters say.

Then again Arc said databooks confirm that Shinigami balance souls, so I guess that just takes care of everything related to the soul cycle unless we get something new confirming that it was a lie.
I've a theory about this that I posted above. In a nutshell, I think the flow of souls is a lie to cover up the original sin about the Soul King controlling the flow of souls and what the Shinigami have done, by trying to keep up that lie, they create the outcome where the maws of hell are opening.

I've a theory about this that I posted above. In a nutshell, I think the flow of souls is a lie to cover up the original sin about the Soul King controlling the flow of souls and what the Shinigami have done, by trying to keep up that lie, was to create the outcome where the maws of hell are opening.

I think it's a lie as well, because 28,000 Rukongai citizens < Espada souls, and yet no balance was broken during the deaths of the espada.

I mean aren't Espada full of 100k+ souls, so when they got killed nothing happened to the balance there.
Exactly. But the Espada go themselves either to Hell or maybe SS we will never know but surely every good Espada (I mean not evil when they were humans) SHOULD be in Soul Sociiety and keep their powers like the Fullbringers. They do become their own being and the souls are lost after all. We need to ask Kubo about where the Arrancars go after been cleance.

Don't forget Yama was going to destroy a planet
according to wiki standard
and Never stated it would collapse the whole verse.

It's even funny Yhwach was destroying the planet
according to wiki standard
would destroy whole cosmology. It's kinda funny from every perspective 😂

Q295:
Word on the streets has it that you actually ended the Substitute Shinigami arc earlier than planned. Is that true? If so, please let us know what you originally intended to write in terms of story.
A295:
That I originally intended to write an episode for each of the classmates, but on the way got bored and scrapped the idea? That's actually true. I believe I actually mentioned this in one of the Character Guide Books or something

So kubo writes the back story episodes to it seems.

Also controlling the souls does not take away from his power as these souls are just pure energy that also stabilize the worlds

I mean it's not like we see Mayuri go and correct the soul balance in the TYBW or anything...

I get that, but my problem is that if 28k souls needed to be taken out to balance it, then how come the Espada dying didn't do anything when some of them like Starrk were vasto lorde and Aaroniero claimed to have eaten more than 30k souls and yet we still didn't have anything. Nothing major happened compared to when the soul king died.

If you don't mind explaining that part to me, I'd appreciate it.

I get that, but my problem is that if 28k souls needed to be taken out to balance it, then how come the Espada dying didn't do anything when some of them like Starrk were vasto lorde and Aaroniero claimed to have eaten more than 30k souls and yet we still didn't have anything. Nothing major happened compared to when the soul king died.

Mayuri or someone else killed 30K+ guys offscreen for all we know

The only reason Grimmjow, Halibel, and/or Nel dying would be detrimental to the soul cycle is because it was already in a very fragile state at the end of the war. Mayuri’s correction in the TYBW was just enough to prevent collapse from imbalance and not a perfect restoration to complete balance. That’s why the death of a powerful Arrancar would be so catastrophic at the time of the story in CFYOW.

So, either A) killing a powerful Arrancar was only a threat due to the post-war circumstances, B) as zero13 said Mayuri or someone off screened corrected the imbalance, or C) a little bit of both.

can you send the scan? imma need it
not for a while, university has me busy

Mayuri or someone else killed 30K+ guys offscreen for all we know
Didn't Mayuri say exactly 28K souls?

The only reason Grimmjow, Halibel, and/or Nel dying would be detrimental to the soul cycle is because it was already in a very fragile state at the end of the war. Mayuri’s correction in the TYBW was just enough to prevent collapse from imbalance and not a perfect restoration to complete balance. That’s why the death of a powerful Arrancar would be so catastrophic at the time of the story in CFYOW.

So, either A) killing a powerful Arrancar was only a threat due to the post-war circumstances, B) as zero13 said Mayuri or someone off screened corrected the imbalance, or C) a little bit of both.

not for a while, university has me busy

Isn't CFYOW like 6 months after TYBW, I would assume that's enough time to stabilize after Yhwach was sealed. Also I was gonna agree with A, but then I realized that those 28K were for the quincies erasing the souls vs Soul reaper killing souls. That's probably the only thing that makes sense since perma deleting souls is much more detrimental than sending them through the cycle.

Isn't CFYOW like 6 months after TYBW, I would assume that's enough time to stabilize after Yhwach was sealed.
We know nothing of the time it takes to properly rebalance the soul cycle, CFYOW being 6 months later doesn’t matter.

Also I was gonna agree with A, but then I realized that those 28K were for the quincies erasing the souls vs Soul reaper killing souls. That's probably the only thing that makes sense since perma deleting souls is much more detrimental than sending them through the cycle.
Cant tell if you’re agreeing with me or not, but this doesn’t refute any of what I said.

Cant tell if you’re agreeing with me or not, but this doesn’t refute any of what I said.
Yeah sorry for not being clear, I was agreeing with you here. I'm just saying it's either option A or it's just a quincy vs shinigami thing for their effects on souls.

Ichibei knowing the original Sin could had lie about killing Grimmjow, Nel, and Hallibel and let them live because they were helping Ichigo. Is not the first time Ichibei has lied. 🤷‍♂️

Based on the stuff mentioned in Hell chapter, we are getting new world ending threat.. probably will show us more solid feats than CFYOW. Especially if Kubo went with the multiverse hell stuff that were mentioned in the 4th movie guidebook.

I’d assume so since it got so much attention worldwide and most importantly in Japan. No reason to make a chapter with such a cliffhanger if there’s no plan on continuing it.

Btw Aizen and Ichigo should get powernull Resistance 🤧.
Both didn't get Powernulled by yhwach almighty ability which Powernulled Ichibe conceptual manipulation hax And Existence eraser

Back