• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Do any of you remember the episode or chapter where aizen says "You tried beating me with sheer numbers" or something along those lines

In the anime it mentions "sheer numbers" but it just says "Do you think you could overpower me" in the manga ch 390

Do any of you remember the episode or chapter where aizen says "You tried beating me with sheer numbers" or something along those lines
If I'm not mistaken, it must be around Ep. 292-293 of the anime, in the fight against Captains, he says that numerical advantage means nothing against him. Now the manga chapter where this is said, I have no idea, but it should probably be between chapter 1 and 685.

Does ohetsu have death manipulation on his profile? Since his swords can kill in one strike
Oetsu special sword wouldn't have Death Manipulation since the reason why it supposedly kills in one strike (Which it doesn't as proven by Askin) is because of its sharpness not some esoteric ability. At most you could only argue Durability Negation.

But why nuking multipliers, I can understand that for, say, dragon Ball where they're totally unreliable and exaggerated but those few 5x bleach multipliers deserve to be nuked that much ?

Would've been cool if Yamamoto could've used more hand to hand attacks in tybw against yhwach. Do any of the novels ever have hand to hand combat?

how do you all feel about Peak Hikone being wsk tier
Honestly Hikone should've been on the same tier as WSK, given a large part of his narrative during CFYOW was about him having the properties needed to be a Soul King and him trying to become the Soul King with the help of Tokinada and Aura.

Their also wouldn't be that much if any scaling inconsistencies with it either given only a handful scales to Fullpower Hikone and those specific characters are literally the God-Tiers of verse. The only somewhat inconsistency could be Kenpachi and Ginjo's scaling which aren't even inconsistency's in the first place.

Their's no anti feats against Bankai Ginjo being that strong other then Incredulity and Kenpachi is the literal strongest Shinigami at that point in the series given his specific narrative and feats he has within CFYOW.

how do you all feel about Peak Hikone being wsk tier
I found it reasonable since WSK is tier 5 now and there isn't inconsistency cause it's well established that Kenpachi is basically the strongest shinigami and Ginjo is physically above high level captains like Shunsui, Tokinada etc. Just wouldn't that make Kisuke and Mayuri still scale a bit tho ? It's tue that it was said not in a physical battle but they still could have defeated Hikone and somehow have to scale a bit ?

Also wasn't there a low 5-B bankai Yama calc or something ?

So cool thing I recently found, if your soul is destroyed your physical body will turn into dust. When a bount eats a soul afterward they turn into dust without any intervention.
bount arc 7 episodes in is pretty good we got alternate dimension abilities already. Cosmology talk to hmmm 📝

So cool thing I recently found, if your soul is destroyed your physical body will turn into dust. When a bount eats a soul afterward they turn into dust without any intervention.
bount arc 7 episodes in is pretty good we got alternate dimension abilities already. Cosmology talk to hmmm 📝
going by filler stuff yea

If hikone get that we also need to upgrade dangai and God Aizen for the exact same reason
I’m neutral about that because being sk candidate doesn’t necessarily mean being that strong, but I’m neutral.

also kenpachi need to be upgraded if you upgrade Hikone since he stomped hikone
Although there are problems, Ginjo couldn’t one shot Tokinada for 2 times and Tokinada is way weaker than Shikai Yamamoto, and hikone almost get killed by base kenpachi and Ginjo could fight hikone too, so there are problems in the novel scaling about god tiers since Aizen and Ichigo doesn’t play a role. We can wank a lot of character.

Last edited:
Ginjo couldn’t one shot Tokinada and Tokinada is way weaker than Shikai Yamamoto
Base Ginjo didn't one shot Tokinada but Bankai Ginjo did, the only reason Tokinada didn't die from it was because Reiatsu possesses the ability to lessen the force/AP of attacks.

hikone get stomped by base kenpachi and Ginjo could fight hikone too
Base Hikone. Not Fullpower Hikone big difference. Kenpachi needed to go Shikai to fight evenly with FP Hikone while Ginjo had to go Bankai.

so there are problems in the novel scaling about god tiers since Aizen and Ichigo doesn’t play a role. We can wank a lot of character
Their are problems with the Novel's scaling (Like having Shinigami Aizen above TYBW Captains or Shikai Yamamoto being above Tokinada ect..) but the "Problems" you brought up aren't actually problems as i explained in this post.

Base Ginjo didn't one shot Tokinada but Bankai Ginjo did, the only reason Tokinada didn't die from it was because Reiatsu possesses the ability to lessen the force/AP of attacks.

Base Hikone. Not Fullpower Hikone big difference. Kenpachi needed to go Shikai to fight evenly with FP Hikone while Ginjo had to go Bankai.

Their are problems with the Novel's scaling (Like having Shinigami Aizen above TYBW Captains or Shikai Yamamoto being above Tokinada ect..) but the "Problems" you brought up aren't actually problems as i explained in this post.
That’s all false, kenpachi never uses shikai against hikone and hikone was a full power. You have read a different novel.

and Ginjo was bankai against Tokinad too.

Bruh let me get the S C A N S real quick.
Yes get the scan, better you re read the whole match from page 80 to the end. Because you either didn’t read it or misunderstood everythin.
kenpachi never uses his shikai, and he actually say that he would win easily with his shikai, and hikone was already fused in res. So better you read the whole thing.

Yes get the scan, better you re read the whole match from page 80 to the end. Because you either didn’t read it or misunderstood everythin.
kenpachi never uses his shikai, and he actually say that he would win easily with his shikai, and hikone was already fused in res. So better you read the whole thing.
Since i don't wan't to re read the whole Books to find the scan i'm looking for i'll just concede on the Kenpachi point for right know but to steel man this argument why would Base Kenpachi being even with FB Hikone be Inconsistent?

Since i don't wan't to re read the whole Books to find the scan i'm looking for i'll just concede on the Kenpachi point for right know but to steel man this argument why would Base Kenpachi being even with FB Hikone be Inconsistent?
There is nothing to concede honestly we are just talking, but I have read all whole 3 novel and I know them perfectly, what I said is exactly written in the novel. I do not want to be rude But that is the truth.

Kenpachi is absurdly strong so kenpachi at his strongest being near Ichigo in true shikai for example which is planet level is not inconsistent, what is inconsistent is hikone and ginjo and their actual feats which are weak and low if people actually read the novel, since hikone > Ginjo, and base kenpachi > Hikone. And Tokinada actually somehow survived 2 times against bankai ginjo gestuga when even Urahara could one shot Tokinada since it is stated Urahara could kill in one shot Tokinada with a kido. And Yamamoto is also way stronger than tokinada with shikai alone.

As I said I’m neutral/disagree except for kenpachi, but there are inconsistencies because base ginjo is not even that strong to begin with, he was clashing with grimmjow and they can’t be denied those inconsistencies, so please don’t tell there are not inconsistencies because there are, and even If we can agree those remain so let’s be honest for once.

replacing the soul king can lead to destruction if you are not strong enough. that is why the scaling I support is the scaling from Yhwach who has actual and trustable feats, and therefore to Ichigo and Aizen, and kenpachi to those 2 if we want. Hikone and ginjo have no scaling to them for me.

the question is why would hikone scale to dangai or god aizen in my opinion, they are trascendent, hikone is not. Aizen can replace fully the soul king according to him. Tokinada needed the Hogyoku.
Also this is the current scaling in the wiki too

Last edited:
Cyber have you read the novel? let's try to make a correct analysis.

Ichibei in the novel said that ichigo this even before the training would have all the attributes to become the soul king, which means Ichigo before the training is soul king level? No of course.

Not to mention that hikone should have the Hogyoku according to Tokinada and Aura, and they didn't manage to give it to hikone. Having attributes or properties doesn't mean scaling. Tokinada plan was to give the hogkyoku to hikone to make it soul king level but it didn't happen.

Kenpachi didn't even train a lot, what he did what just fight with random shingami and he was bored, and he was killing hikone without his shikai

Reality is that Hikone has the properties like ginjo or even Ichigo before even attaining his shikai, but it isn't already that strong, hence why they wanted the hogyoku.

This would all explain the scaling chain, with base aizen and Yamamoto being already that strong. Simply what happen in CFYOW could have ended in a few seconds with kenpachi byakuya and toshiro, let alone Ichigo or aizen. I think we are just upgrade-hungry rn.

Last edited:
Transcendence isn’t a power level don’t @ me.

Ichigo became transcendent merely by being an amalgamation of the races and getting really strong, Hikone can reasonably do the same. However, Kenpachi attained transcendent spiritual pressure in TYBW and him and Hikone duke it out. So I meaaaaan

Transcendence isn’t a power level don’t @ me.

Ichigo became transcendent merely by being an amalgamation of the races and getting really strong, Hikone can reasonably do the same. However, Kenpachi attained transcendent spiritual pressure in TYBW and him and Hikone duke it out. So I meaaaaan
I can agree with that, but that is merely a part of my reasoning. god Aizen could became the soul king, Tokinada wanted the hogkyoku for hikone, even do hikone was like Ichigo with the exception that Ichigo is really too much strong that he doesn’t need it.

The plot and what I explained is correct and in line with Kubo scaling, having attributes for being SK doesn’t mean scaling and we should be strict with that.

Well all I’ll say is Cyber and I will be gifting y’all Christmas presents, and I specifically will be throwing some coal in the stockings as well. Get excited

Back