• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

It's already been rejected as an outlier recently.
I have some explanation better than last thread. Even if it gets rejected doesn't matter because I have the meta for my personal use. Just gonna drop it here in wiki that's all. This time I am gonna try to ask some other staff who can be reasoned with.

just a quick question

how many volumes of bleach are there in total

I have already read volumes 1 to 23

I'm trying to read now from 24 to 37

and will continue onward

Spoilers for my thoughts on the MadarAizen DB:

Summarized thoughts
  • Lowkey normie/bare bones equal stats match
They ended up using a 1 yottaton God Tree calc for Madara and a 0.14 yottaton calc for Aizen, but backpedaled and just said "calcs can vary based on lots of factors, but the key point is that these two characters always end up roughly relative". They also just had both characters scale vaguely FTL. So, basically AP/dura/speed weren't determining factors in this fight, and they admit that hax is what determines this fight. To which, they had Madara capable of breaking out of KS (sure that's fine) and Madara's TSBs being able to negate Aizen's regen (ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not sure how I feel about this one), meaning essentially Madara had a counter to Aizen's hax and regen enabling him the dub. They never went much in depth on either characters' abilities though which was a little disappointing, the animation was kinda mid for as hype of a match up as these two characters are ngl. AFAIK TSBs stopping Minato from regening wasn't that they neg regen but more so that it undid the jutsu binding his arms to the edo, so I disagree with Madara being able to kill Aizen with TSBs. I also disagree with giving Madara a massive benefit of the doubt by letting him scale to the God Tree calc (which is a notoriously faulty calc), personally I feel they used the high end tier 5 Madara meta and used a low/mid end tier 5 Aizen meta. I haven't seen their God Tree calc tho so I don't know how good or bad it is. Either way, if you grant TSBs the ability to cancel out any of Aizen's regen/immortality hax and give Madara the highest tier 5 calc you can reasonably give him, then yeah the verdict makes sense.

I guessed Madara would win. Is base on popularity after all. Death Battle needs a pay check. Scaling aside. Madara’s TSB negate Jutsus hence erase Edo’s soul. Not the soul itself. Regardless if you agree with it or not. Aizen was immortal. You could say nothing on Bleach could killed him and that didn’t stop other stronger beings from other series from trying and you would be correct. However, Mayuri has intel on everyone’s powers in the soul society, a back up if you will, to restore the blades. He mentioned Aizen couldn’t be killed meaning all soul destruction abilities in Bleach couldn’t kill him. Even if you argue that they are inferior to the TSB, and the source of his regeneration was destroyed and that he couldn’t come back. The source of his immortality is his hearth as long as it continues to beat it will produce Reiatsu and keep up his Immortality. Yet Aizen got his entire heart destroyed and was still able to regenerate. Death battle been death battle once more. Poor research. They got the light novels for Naruto but not for Bleach? What’s up with that? Anyway, I won the bet. Madara won.

I guessed Madara would win. Is base on popularity after all. Death Battle needs a pay check. Scaling aside. Madara’s TSB negate Jutsus hence erase Edo’s soul. Not the soul itself. Regardless if you agree with it or not. Aizen was immortal. You could say nothing on Bleach could killed him and that didn’t stop other stronger beings from other series from trying and you would be correct. However, Mayuri has intel on everyone’s powers in the soul society, a back up if you will, to restore the blades. He mentioned Aizen couldn’t be killed meaning all soul destruction abilities in Bleach couldn’t kill him. Even if you argue that they are inferior to the TSB, and the source of his regeneration was destroyed and that he couldn’t come back. The source of his immortality is his hearth as long as it continues to beat it will produce Reiatsu and keep up his Immortality. Yet Aizen got his entire heart destroyed and was still able to regenerate. Death battle been death battle once more. Poor research. They got the light novels for Naruto but not for Bleach? What’s up with that? Anyway, I won the bet. Madara won.
dont really think anyone bet againts u

except maybe cyber for some reason

tho i think his reason is just to disagree with the rest

Knowing what I know, I don't think that the research was poor or subpar or anything like that. I think it was fairly decent to pretty good all things considered. My stance is that Madara got far more benefit of the doubt than Aizen, aka the fight turned into highballed Madara vs low/midballed Aizen.

Knowing what I know, I don't think that the research was poor or subpar or anything like that. I think it was fairly decent to pretty good all things considered. My stance is that Madara got far more benefit of the doubt than Aizen, aka the fight turned into highballed Madara vs low/midballed Aizen.
which again, is what has been said here/ what we were expecting

As I said in the past even with the previews, giving Orochimaru level characters light dodging when it breaks the scaling retroactively, annoyed me.

So I'm not at all surprised that they highballed Madara that high given the preview. This could have been a nice "hax trumps stats" match but it ended up being both "Beeg Number" and them misunderstanding how TSBs even work.

As I said in the past even with the previews, giving Orochimaru level characters light dodging when it breaks the scaling retroactively, annoyed me.

So I'm not at all surprised that they highballed Madara that high given the preview. This could have been a nice "hax trumps stats" match but it ended up being both "Beeg Number" and them misunderstanding how TSBs even work.
No this was a hax trumps stats match, they end up conceding that both characters are pretty much "equals" in power and speed.

Bad fight choreo, mid animation, ass analysis. How on earth does one argue that TSO is what lets Madara take the dub? Genjutsu shoulda been how Madara won tbh and the end should have been Aizen slamming him before we get faked out and it was all an illusion on his end while Madara sealed him. Instead we got that hot mess.

Bad fight choreo, mid animation, ass analysis. How on earth does one argue that TSO is what lets Madara take the dub? Genjutsu shoulda been how Madara won tbh and the end should have been Aizen slamming him before we get faked out and it was all an illusion on his end while Madara sealed him. Instead we got that hot mess.
Yeah I'm more underwhelmed at the fight animations more than the analysis or outcome tbh. Madara definitely got the more generous interpretations for his hax over the conservative interpretations of Aizen's hax. I'm still waiting for/hoping for the God Tree calc they used to get released, cuz it really does wank Madara based on a massively iffy calc with iffy scaling assumptions, albeit maybe they found a way to accurately calc it who knows.

How do you add spoiler is it >!spoiler!< this is what is used on reddit.

dude you just press the more options part when your making a reply

see the 3 dots on vertical

click on that

then press the button with the slash over eye and that's spoilers

and then put whatever you want in it.

Back