• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I think that the Thousand Year Blood War had the potential to be the best arc in Bleach, but isn't. So many great moments, but that's all there is to them because of how rushed it is. All I remember about the arc are the flashes of cool moments (Zanka no Tachi).

Everything moves too fast and there is no time for the gravitas of the situation of each moment to settle to the point where the whole scene enters my long term memory, I also disagree with a couple of Kubo's decisions (Not Killing Byakuyga, for instance) - and those are major flaws that bring down the whole arc immensely.

My favorite arc is the Arrancar Arc because it has my favorite moments in the series. Full Hollow Ichigo vs. Ulq, Aizen shit stomping the entire Goeti 13, and especially the entire climax with Dangai Ichigo, as some examples. And unlike the Thousand Year Blood War, I thought the build-up and pacing for those scenes was amazing.

Last edited:
Wait for the anime fans to "complain" when Ichigo isn't the primary focus of the arc. Ichigo missed 80% of the screen time in the final arc.

Also, my top 5 fights I want to see animated.

1. Yhwach vs Ichibei
2. Gerard vs everyone
3. Renji vs Mask
4. Askin vs Urahara and Yoruichi
5. Lille Barro vs Shunsui and Nanao

Most looking forward to Kenpachi's first encounter with Yhwach and the reveal of his shikai, while not my favorite character he was by far the most hype for me while reading through this arc.

The reason I love TYBW so much is because I felt it concluded many great character arcs in ways I found satisfying. But I'm the same guy who actually likes the final Ichigo vs Yhwach fight.

i thought the final fight isnt as bad as people say
i liked the theme of fighting for a world with no fear vs fighting for a world where fear exists
so people can find the courage to move forward
also really liked yhwach breaking ichigos bankai showing that he isnt playing around kubo did a good job to make him feel threatening
the aizen and yhwach encounter and ichigos speech about overcoming despair over and over again
and ichigo actually giving up when he understood there is nothing he can do showed that he is a realistic main character unlike your usual shonen main characters (not saying others that arent like this are bad i just prefer a more realistic mc)

also the still silver wasnt really an ass pull as people say due to it being foreshadowed as early as the soul society arc (ryuken dissecting his wife)
tho my only issue is kubo needed to explain why it nulled yhwach which i think he will with the anime

Regarding Still Silver, iirc Yhwach implies that Uryu is an anomaly as far as Quincies go. Seeing how he couldn't target Uryu with the Auswahlen he sought to keep Uryu close physically as per what Jugram revealed. Jugram also says the Antithesis may be the "antithesis" to the Almighty. Even Ryuken was like "it has to be you" for firing the Still Silver. So I believe Kubo was trying to tell us that with some combination of Uryu being built different and his Schrift, he was essentially a blindspot to Yhwach. In a sense Uryu was the infinitieth possibility among the almost infinite possibilities Yhwach could view.

Which I think works mechanically, but I also think it's a nice call back and tying up of what Ichigo and Uryu's first interaction meant. Seeing how Uryu and Ichigo teaming up was the catalyst for the Quincy (Uryu) making amends with the Soul Reaper (Ichigo). So I find it fitting that in Yhwach's revenge war he's defeated by the same unity of opposing peoples that he thought to be impossible.

Is that how the Still Silver works? I thought it just nullified Yhwach's powers kinda like a kryptonite. I don't remember anything about it being "invisible" to Yhwach. But I guess I should say my earlier message is my interpretation being that the final fight was a little vague.

It nulled the Almighty IIRC, so it being unseeable to the Almighty would make sense imo.

Add in the Uryu "transcends" Yhwach, and the Anthesis being a power that can fell Yhwach, the ending makes sense.

My only problem is how much of a Deus Ex Machina Still Silver feels like, and how useless Ichigo feels after finally reaching his full power.

Without the arrow , everyone is useless in face of Yhwach . The whole cast could have ganged on him and they would been swept eventually.

Ichigo never had hax so he had no chance to begin with .
He was still the only one that actually wounded peak Yhwach,showing that in his departement ,he is still a monster .

Putting Yhwach under an illusion won't do shit in the long term .
Especially when he null it after rezzing himself .

Bleach became a world of hax only during the TYBW . Before that , it was much more tame hax wise ( beside the standard soul stuff .)

I mean tbf the two times Ichigo hit Yhwach with his True Bankai he killed the man. Yhwach never took a hit from Tensa Zangetsu in the final fight without getting obliterated.

Even Kenpachi registers as having a hax actually.
Oh, that’s actually true. He can just kinda... cut anything. Not entirely sure how it works but like yeah

I mean tbf the two times Ichigo hit Yhwach with his True Bankai he killed the man. Yhwach never took a hit from Tensa Zangetsu in the final fight without getting obliterated.
True, it’s just that he literally couldn’t hit him for most of it

If Ichigo was as strong as his Bankai already then Yhwach would have been ******. It doesn't matter if you can hop between futures or alter them you're still getting bodied into the floor.

I wish Ichigo actually felt like a big deal. He just seemed like he was reduced to a screaming kid again. The whole give up thing just didn't felt real most of it didn't.

Ugh...Sorry about that it's just that I'm one of the few people who does not have high hopes for the anime coming back honestly. The thought of anything being fixed is way too good to be true. And really, I just don't see that Kubo cares about it if he ****** up anything. He just isn't capable of actually writing a good explanation for anything we just are told something once and not even going that deep

I really liked Orihime's character.

Her desire to stand by Ichigo through to the end and her aiding in the fight is very admirable.

She's def more than just eye candy, and honestly, she's the only human character that actually matters in the plot.

I really liked Orihime's character.

Her desire to stand by Ichigo through to the end and her aiding in the fight is very admirable.

She's def more than just eye candy, and honestly, she's the only human character that actually matters in the plot.
...She was done poorly in the final arc, just her thoughts on the matter before a big fight doesn't exactly change much. She definitely developed in the previous arc but nothing note worthy in the final arc aside from that garbage elevator scene.

We would very likely won't even know if the one that asked him that is from this wiki or not tho... Or is that rule against Word of God provided in Q&As?

The rule:
  • Do not pester or harass the authors of various works on social media about versus debating or character statistics. They are often bombarded by numerous questions from fans, and thus are rarely interested in giving a serious response. In addition, the statements they give to appease users are often contradictory to the feats in the stories of the works they have written. Thus it is frowned upon to bother them over these topics.

This seems to be centered around the users of the wiki, but if he gets the question from some random Japanese kid and he gives a complex answer (so no "Ugh... 50km. Next question!") then does the rule still applies?

Jump Festa was so big "F" for bleach, eh.

Also, guys, how big should be lifting strenght for transporting remnants of SKP?
In novel Nell found unconscious Aura and opened garganta near her home location. It should be kinda good feat.

If you in Kubo's club, then I doubt it counts as random dude on twitter asking him questions. If it's a question asked in the club, it's more of chance he'll seriously think about the answer.

Imma ask something like "is the distance between SS and SKP equal to the distance between Earth and the sun?", and hope they answer with yes.

Back