• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Why is Zangetsu not fused in the TYBW Arc? Sounds like fused form zangetsu = Ichigo's full potential.

0420-005.png

remember when Ulqui said that Ichigo was stronger than him when White tried to take over Ichigo in the Living world ?

That mean even heavely restrained by OMZ and the substitute badge ,Ichigo was already stronger than Ulqui. Don't know why , but it just hit me how much more powerfull ichigo was from the start.

@ Arc, Idk why I’m just remembering this, but wasn’t it stated in CFYOW by Hisagi that releasing gentei kaijo doesn’t actually increase speed?

@ Arc, Idk why I’m just remembering this, but wasn’t it stated in CFYOW by Hisagi that releasing gentei kaijo doesn’t actually increase speed?
That would kinda contradict the manga given that both Toshiro and Rangiku were shown to become much, much faster after releasing Gentei Kaijo, Rangiku even mocks how slow her opponent is now after releasing it, and Renji was being almost blitzed by BoS Ichigo, whereas Renji without Gentei Kaijo could fight SS Arc Ichigo equally

Also, it wouldn't make much sense either, since it's their spirit energy that's being limited, and we know that a spirit energy increase correlates to a speed increase.

That would kinda contradict the manga given that both Toshiro and Rangiku were shown to become much, much faster after releasing Gentei Kaijo, Rangiku even mocks how slow her opponent is now after releasing it, and Renji was being almost blitzed by BoS Ichigo, whereas Renji without Gentei Kaijo could fight SS Arc Ichigo equally

Also, it wouldn't make much sense either, since it's their spirit energy that's being limited, and we know that a spirit energy increase correlates to a speed increase.
Unless it's just a matter of speed not perfect perfectly proportional to strength / AP.

For example, getting 5x more spirit energy grants you 5x stronger attacks but 2x or 3x faster reactions/movement speed. Or if it varies from character to characters.

Unless it's just a matter of speed not perfect perfectly proportional to strength / AP.

For example, getting 5x more spirit energy grants you 5x stronger attacks but 2x or 3x faster reactions/movement speed. Or if it varies from character to characters.
I never said otherwise, just that it clearly does amp speed, considerably, since it turned a blitz around iirc.

I never said otherwise, just that it clearly does amp speed, considerably, since it turned a blitz around iirc.
It definitely warrants a more deep analysis though, since both Toshiro and Rangiku’s blitz was a one time thing and Shuhei straight up saying it doesn’t increase speed is a one time thing.

It definitely warrants a more deep analysis though, since both Toshiro and Rangiku’s blitz was a one time thing and Shuhei straight up saying it doesn’t increase speed is a one time thing.
Not really, the novel and manga aren't equal, when contradictions arise the manga takes priority, that's how it always is.

And the Toshiro and Rangiku thing aren't a singular instance, they were both shown to get faster, and there's still the Renji/Ichigo thing as well as it being their spirit energy that gets limited, which we know is tied to physicals like speed, it's literally stated that more spirit energy = higher speed.

Last edited:
Shuhei doesn't say it doesn't increase speed. He just says his Shunpo is almost as fast with the restriction as it is without the restriction. So there is some effect on speed.

How do think Kubo will write a villain stronger than Yhwach? (Howls From The Jaws of Hell Arc)

I doubt he will go for a weaker villain. Look how that turned out with Ginjo and Fullbringer arc

Yamamoto confirmed to be in Hell in the one shot proves Quincy don’t remove all Souls from existence, only Hollow souls. Yamamoto was killed by a barrage of Quincy arrows but his soul went to Hell.

its pretty headcannon but if the individual irises give different affects, 2 irises gave Yhwach future sight/reactive evolution and the third fate manip maybe the next big bad is something akin to the soul king who would have 4 irises?

if hell predates the soul king and his creation thr has to be some pretty beefy villains contained tbh

Yhwach kinda weird, because it is also said that everyone that came in contact with him would have been part of him, and we see shinigami like byakuya in the background.

How do think Kubo will write a villain stronger than Yhwach? (Howls From The Jaws of Hell Arc)

I doubt he will go for a weaker villain. Look how that turned out with Ginjo and Fullbringer arc
Ginjo is not stronger than the previous villain.

Also I doubt someone stronger than Yhwach will be introduced in Bleach, Yhwach is still supposed to be the ultimate boss, unless he will be like Yhwach heavily connected to the soul king, but I feel is kinda hard to introduce someone like that out of nowhere. Could be wrong.

Yhwach kinda weird, because it is also said that everyone that came in contact with him would have been part of him, and we see shinigami like byakuya in the background.
Yeah, Yhwach was supposed to eat Yamamoto’s soul. Absorbed it. Jugram said so. Maybe the souls are not send to Hell but their Reiatsu which makes a copy of their original Reishi soul in Hell?

Nah, Ginjo >> Tsuki ~ Byakuya > arrancar arc Byakuya who scales to Yammy.
Also he fought well against Ichigo who was implied to be stronger than the soul reapers who were there combined lol

Back