• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Multiple wiki state the 100m thing, one must exist 💀
Well I don't see it mentioned in either 13 Blades or Unmasked

If you're referring to the Bleach wiki, it says;
Standing at about a hundred meters tall, the giant resembles an armored samurai.
They don't cite a source, and given how it says "about a hundred meters", I think they're just assuming it's around that tall based on visuals.

Well, Jushiro's Beyond Bankai has two fish circling around him, similar to the latest chapters first page with Kazui's Goldfish

Don't think there's any more similarities than that

Assuming the manga continues, it's possible Kubo could incorporate it into the manga, I mean, he does design the BBS forms right?

241883038_383460066639796_7979411858126101023_n.jpg
cursed image

The folded paper that fans around him was taken from his Zanpakuto Rebellion Spirit design where the two boys would use it to summon fans with a pair of fish on each fan.

Speaking of bankai, Aizen might've used his against Yhwach (just a fun theory, it's unprovable either ways).

The KS Aizen used against Yhwach was kinda inconsistent as opposed to its other appearances as (read Chapter 682 and 683 as you follow along)
1. Yhwach shatters Tensa Zangetsu, is unable to fully (as its an illusion). He later reveals that he already shattered KS, and the scans show it to be the same as TZ, cracks and all with the exact same pattern, just reversed (I.e. sharp side and dull side of the sword reversed, remember KS's side used for ability use is actually the dull side)
2. Yhwach cuts Renji's left arm off and shatters his bankai. The next scene we see Aizen attack, where he has an arm, and the next we see Ichigo, who's missing his left arm even when Yhwach never touched it and even more importantly is also surrounded by the broken fragments of Renji's bankai, even though that happened quite a while ago (and the ground was broken up by Hado 99, so they won't be floating in the air). When that Ichigo is revealed to be Aizen, he still has his arm cut off.
3. A short one, but Aizen himself wasn't sure what Yhwach was watching, pretty strange considering that he controls his illusions.

Inconsistencies:
1. Whatever Yhwach's doing to Aizen's one illusion is also being reflected on him and other illusions which is something easily fixed because its an illusion but it isn't.
2. Aizen himself seems to be at the location of every illusion that's happening which he doesn't need to be, see literally the first demonstration of his powers when his "fake body" had no real double.
3. The details aren't consistent (Renji's bankai fragments carrying over to Ichigo, where his hypnosis is so perfect usually that Unohana, a medical expert couldn't tell if it was a fake corpse after like hours of examination needed days to figure out that something was wrong.
4. More of a logical thing, but since Yhwach can see all futures he'd just be able to figure out it is an illusion because it won't match with any timeline. That doesn't seem to be the case, as since Yhwach is using his Almighty throughout, it means that he sees that future and is changing to a different future, indicating the future being shown to him does exist and Aizen himself should have no way to exactly know futures.

I think that that's actually Aizen's bankai in action.
Proposed ability to fit everything (with bonus of why he doesn't use it):
It basically shows the affected person what they think would happen, and be detailed on whatever they're focusing on. Say the stuff in their peripheral vision would be inconsistent but what they're looking at won't. Aizen can't control this hypnosis, doesn't know what the affected person's seeing and has to play along with it. Since this is a guy who hates relinquishing control he doesn't use it, and he does seem to be the type to not try to understand his bankai. His shikai works better anyways, and he's strong enough to never use bankai. But against Yhwach who'd see through his every move, he uses something that'll just show Yhwach a timeline. Given how inconsistent it is to all other uses of KS we've seen, this seems to be a different power and it makes sense that it'd be either a KS that lost most of its jazz which doesn't seem to be the case, or is his bankai.

Yes this is mostly a theory with lots of assumptions (though backed up by proof at least in setup) but this is a general discussion and I'll preach this to whoever listens.

Well the debunk is Aizen’s Zanpakuto state has evolved beyond Bankai, as it fused with his body. However, that should logically allow him to use his Bankai abilities, sooooo who knows.

i go with the theory that since he activated his KS he had no control over what YH could see, as the Almighty allowed him to see infinite futures/posibilities so he simply saw one of them where renji, ichigo and aizen fought him at the same time

I really like the theory where Aizen's bankai is like a play influenced by some old literature(i've forgotten) where the bankai condition can only be achieved if he reaches his weakest point or loses? And its either subjective narrative reality or plot manip.

Kubo_2021: “Since where you under the impression Aizen had mastered Bankai?”

US: “But he said he mastered all Shinigami fighting skills...”

Kubo_2021: “Remmeber what he told Ichigo in Fake Karakura Town Arc?”

US: big brain thinking

0397-012.png

****, Aizen has no bankai.

Kubo_2021: “Since where you under the impression Aizen had mastered Bankai?”

US: “But he said he mastered all Shinigami fighting skills...”

Kubo_2021: “Remmeber what he told Ichigo in Fake Karakura Town Arc?”

US: big brain thinking

****, Aizen has no bankai.
But it's stated in the novel that he has a Bankai and even states the requirement to use it.

But it's stated in the novel that he has a Bankai and even states the requirement to use it.
Kubo may not remember something he didn't write. Is not like the author will go back to read the novels to make sure he doesn't make a plot hole. If he decides to go this route he will do so.

Kubo may not remember something he didn't write. Is not like the author will go back to read the novels to make sure he doesn't make a plot hole. If he decides to go this route he will do so.
Reading this numbs my brain.

Until retconned we will assume canon material that Kubo worked on holds it’s weight. You’re intentionally a contrarian.

Speaking of potentially stupid ideas, would Aizen against Cancer Deathmask be dumb? He's got a very healthy soul hax resistance so might potentially work out in something other than (soul crush gg)

Back