• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I just wanted kaiju battles
kaxn44rdlzg71.jpg

Fun post of the day:

You have to love Yhwach's trash talk throughout the TYBW.

Yamamoto's the only guy I feel he talks to with any level of respect, but most of it is when he's stepping on his severed head so...

VS Ichibē, there's a lot of trash talk throughout the entire fight but the best ones are:
a) "The head of shinigami fears me so much he has to cut his powers in half. Oh, I feel like a million bucks."
b) "My name is Yhwach, and I will be the one to take everything from you."

VS Ichigo, first and second confrontations:
a) "Are you really going to fight me with that broken body of yours?
b) "Such a pitiful little bug. The gears of fate will crush you. At least let me bury you myself.
c) Gaslighting and quincybossing Ichigo for the Soul King.

But he really goes off the rails after he absorbs Reiō. Like, actual meme material. I remember we used to read mangostream (why is this censored?) translations, mostly, so there could be some added liberties taken but some of this is ridiculous:

About where Ichigo's going to attack from: "Are you going to say hello from the right? Or the left?"

The second best insult in TYBW: "Are you still grieving about your mother? Ever the petulant school girl, Ichigo!" Anyone with Japanese scans, can you confirm?

Other pretty out of pocket stuff:
"Why are you in such a rush to die Ichigo!"
"Why are you dragging that poor woman around?"
Calls him a mutt for having multiple backgrounds
The typical "you're out of your league!" And "I can read you like an open book!"
After activating Almighty he just breaks down Ichigo surgically.
After Ichigo is depressed, again: "That was all there is to you? What a waste, I expected more."
Genuinely feels insulted that Renji or Rukia of all people would come after him and says so, and calls them pests.

In the final battle before we get into the roasts territory, there's this gem: "Rest in pieces Ichigo!" Can anyone with Japanese scans confirm?

The best insult in all bleach:
Aizen: "Ichigo gave you more trouble than you bargained for huh"
Yhwach: "Don't project your own anxieties on me, you were the one who was handed defeat by Ichigo."
Bruv

Later continues to trash Aizen by another cutting insult:
"Protecting Abarai Renji as a shield! Now I've seen it all! Unifying before a common enemy is exactly the behaviour of the losers you so detest!"
Aizen pretty much got served on a platter.

Like yeah, Aizen was a smug prick but Yhwach is just roasting people left and right.

Has there been any progress regarding the speed of characters in Bleach? Or is it still pretty much on hold?
I’ve gotten two speed calcs made, most of the scans I’ve got in a folder, damage and I just gotta type things up (which admittedly I’ve found myself with little time to do so at university).

Like yeah, Aizen was a smug prick but Yhwach is just roasting people left and right
Beast

I could try an redraw/edit the pose but i can't color for shit, could we possibly use bbs muken aizen?

Also interesting observations just confirming Ichigo's, Ichibe's and Almighty Yhwach's tier (that that specific key of Yhwach shouldn't be universal).

Yhwach did stab weakened Reio but did not kill him, waiting for Ichigo to actually cut him in half. Going by the assumption he didn't just want to quincyboss and gaslight Ichigo, he probably couldn't have finished the job on his own. Since that Ichigo would've smattered Yhwach (AP wise) on the pavement according to the accepted scaling here, that is just more justification that Ichigo should be quite a bit higher even in base shikai as he was able to oneshot weakened Reio.
Furthermore Ichibe took a bit of base Ichigo's power, or reiryoku presumably (said by himself) to completely revive, meaning his own tier would be astronomically higher than Ichibe (who's accepted as high 6-A here which is a load of bullshit according to me) again justifying his tier (giving a lower limit for it anyways).

Basically pointing out that scaling checks out, nothing new.

That said, shouldn't Ichibe (and potentially all the Royal Guard members) have biological manipulation resistance because Blut Vene Ahnabene didn't work on Ichibe, who stated it was heresy or something to try to invade a Royal Guard's body? (Might make sense even more as Pernida probably didn't evolve from Royal Guards as he didn't have anyone's speech pattern during his bout with Mayuri, indicating he didn't use his powers on them for some reason).

I don't have to say this, butt ... Kubo set up the Hell arc so at the end a new world will be created. That would either be the old one or a new one but the rule about sending souls to Hell will be eliminated. There is no way we will end with the protagonist going to Hell after death. Now who will be that world's creator? Any guess?

Back