• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

That Ghoul made 20% Royal Guard Training Renji bleed. They were looking for Hollows to capture so it can't be blamed on off-guard. Unless Renji was chilling and not using passive reiatsu. I doubt the building made him bleed.

If someone can make calc for the soykou then i can scale ichigo to it. Low ball scale would be country level do it being able to destroy seiririte and highball is planet due to destroying soul society

Well, the Ghoul damaged a 20% base Renji while Mask did jack shit with his 10x punch to a casual Shikai Renji, so it kinda evens out.

This, of course, without taking in consideration Renji growing more powerful since his fight with Mask.

Well, the Ghoul damaged a 20% base Renji while Mask did jack shit with his 10x punch to a casual Shikai Renji, so it kinda evens out.

This, of course, without taking in consideration Renji growing more powerful since his fight with Mask.
I don't think that should count renji was off guard. When know that shimigami have their reiastu lowered off guard

Whenever super strong characters hit someone to no effect and say "Wow, they're as tough as iron", I always translate that in my brain to mean "They're not actually comparing them literally to iron itself, but just acknowledging that from their perspective that them hitting the opponent is comparable an ordinary person trying to punch iron."

Only way to make sense of some stupid writing in some series.
Nah nah, everything pre Gremmy fight Kenny is steel level. This is consistent with how Hierro gives them problems and that's only as tough as iron.

I can't wait to watch as I turn into the Anakin of Bleach when I call bullshit on 5-10x combat amp = 5-10x all stats for Ichigo.

I'm here to say that FB Ichigo, Retsu, Hascwalth, and Ishida have the most cancer scaling in terms of "its hard as **** to decide how strong they are"

You can make many scaling chains for them and all of them can be different but can still be true, that's why I don't like their discussions lmao

I generally dislike anime analysis on youtube. they tend to be pretty terrible, either ******** on a series with terrible arguments or praising a series or character like an English teacher. "ahh see this random thing here is so deep and thematic" while we forget those Themes are built on some shoddy writing.
though there are a few channels I like.

the third one is the cookie-cutter fluff videos that just recap things you know already or just read a wiki page.

I personally enjoy "over analyzing" a series, I like the idea that the author leaves deep thematics and messages for us to delve into if we so choose, it increases the re-readability for me. Like I can find something new each time.

Is Ichigo using a partial release to limit himself in the WOTL? But how does that explain the fuckery he did against Yhwach?

234833456_608761400528202_8977845855450468602_n.png

I personally enjoy "over analyzing" a series, I like the idea that the author leaves deep thematics and messages for us to delve into if we so choose, it increases the re-readability for me. Like I can find something new each time.
I think it's fine to over-analyze something but I dont like it when people Justify Themes as a way to be condescending to someone who doesn't share them or to Justify issues in the writing.

for example, I adore the Itachi and Sasuke Reunion during the Ninja war and the Ultimate theme is really nice but i still wouldn't call it well written because while the theme is nice everything around it is built on plot contrivances and deus ex machinas that hurt the worldbuilding.

same, i see some say"you are looking to deep and its a reach" but if there is no deeper meaning intended by the author but the way you came to the conclusion makes sense and not contradicted and is consistent its valid imo as there is almost no way for us to know if the author intended something or not (specially the mf kubo who likes to be subtle) since most of us dont get the chance to meet them.
the third one is the cookie-cutter fluff videos that just recap things you know already or just read a wiki page.
hate these, many bleach videos fall into this category sadly like dbzimrans videos or mr tommo at least when i used to watch them

Back