• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

It is stated in the databook it gives the illusion of infinity, implying it isn't actually infinite in size, but is perceptively skewed to imply it extends to infinity.
Ain't it stated to be infinite in both manga and cfyow?
I think in such cases we should give story materials more credibility.

Another thing I've seen with gin's statement which goes against many more feats than aligning. In such case I don’t think these statement should be value. Just my personal opinion

Luppi can fire 8 of them and he's nothing special. Also I'm pretty sure Cien doesn't go past pre FB arc Zaraki
You know thats irrelevant saying "pre FB arc zaraki" as if it is weak when that zaraki has tons feats in novel and is canonically stronger than TYBWA Shunsui right? 😭😭😭

Most of sternitter dont go past by fullbring arc zaraki either

You know thats irrelevant saying "pre FB arc zaraki" as if it is weak when that zaraki has tons feats in novel and is canonically stronger than TYBWA Shunsui right? 😭😭😭

Most of sternitter dont go past by fullbring arc zaraki either
Stronger than Shunsui in physicals definitely yes. Doesn't say a lot tho, Shunsui is relative to Starrk who's quite inferior to like Robert or Mask. I don't think anything directly puts pre muken kenpachi above vollstandig sternritters, if there is remind me

Stronger than Shunsui in physicals definitely yes. Doesn't say a lot tho, Shunsui is relative to Starrk who's quite inferior to like Robert or Mask. I don't think anything directly puts pre muken kenpachi above vollstandig sternritters, if there is remind me
Its not like saying vollstading sternitter is a feat or anything you know right.
All people you mentioned cant even overpower Barragan's respira, given Grimmjow in CFYOW could not. Zaraki could do it. Also shunsui aint that weak either given he could kept up to Tokinada who base to base is similar to Byakuya. IDK why they are so lowballed, Cien and Azashiro are strong af and would def scale above lot of the TYBWA cast if we take more seriously author's scaling.

SAFWY zaraki > CFYOW grimmjow

Last edited:
Question of the day, BLEACH manga:

Better Black and White or Colored?
Black and White for me. Kubo is too good with them to ruin the manga with colors.

I'm fine with colors if they are use sporadically , like putting colors in the eye or a splash of blood to emphasize them in certain moments, but not more than that.

There's actually no evidence to suggest voldstanding sternritter are superior to safwy zaraki aside from gerard, pernida, non voldstanding gremmy. Shunsui probably mentioned safwy zaraki, azashiro are superior to him, which is narratively correct. Every kenpachi should be much stronger than captains.

Royd is just lot stronger than he is given credit for. 80% of yhwach's power is not a joke, still should be superior than other sternritter. Bro just faced a super strong guys just like yamamoto, ichibei were clowned by stronger opponents.
I think a lot would be clearer when we revise gremmy actually, but we are waiting for next cour to see how it affects scaling of others. And I don’t think gremmy's galaxy feat is outlier anymore.

I'm more curious for adult toshiro's massive upgrade.

Muken being "likely", "like", "almost", "illusion to be like", etc don't matter. In the end a fragment of infinity is still in the end infinity. It can't be divided with mathematical equations.

Its not like saying vollstading sternitter is a feat or anything you know right.
All people you mentioned cant even overpower Barragan's respira, given Grimmjow in CFYOW could not. Zaraki could do it. Also shunsui aint that weak either given he could kept up to Tokinada who base to base is similar to Byakuya. IDK why they are so lowballed, Cien and Azashiro are strong af and would def scale above lot of the TYBWA cast if we take more seriously author's scaling.

SAFWY zaraki > CFYOW grimmjow
Grimmjow only scaling to sternritters is against base nerfed Bambies without their 2 big power ups who held for prolonged time Hikone who's >> ikomikidomoe and cfyow patched Zaraki, the guy who took on Gremmy. Barragan is canonically Starrk's victim and Starrk is by feats weaker than multiple vollstandig sternritters and I mean Mask, Robert, Bambi, Bazz, Liltotto...
Tokinada scaling is also all over the place, he's supposedly Byakuya level yet almost got oneshotted by Kensei who's weaker than base Mask who's far weaker than Renji who by himself is inferior to Byakuya , novel scaling is inconsistent.

Bleach lore main Shinigami page minor addition:

Ichibei is able to pull black from Urahara's hat. The stripes in his hat should be green in color, but Ichibei is able to affect it. I've heard that this is because it's supposed to be a meta thing. Since it is a manga, and a manga is black and white in color, Ichibei is pulling the black of the manga panel itself. Has there been new information to disprove this? And if it's still valid, what would this give Ichibei?

edit: the manga panel in question:
0608-015.png

Found a citation error on Yhwach's profile. On citation 36 (the one that provides the link to Reio seeing the events playing out in that moment several millions of years ago), that chapter listed is chapter 613. However, the actual chapter is supposed to be chapter 612.

Found a citation error on Yhwach's profile. On citation 36 (the one that provides the link to Reio seeing the events playing out in that moment several millions of years ago), that chapter listed is chapter 613. However, the actual chapter is supposed to be chapter 612.
Request to get it opened to fix it in the all purpose thread.

Can you link me the thread? And I'd rather that someone more experienced fix it. I'm pretty new to the wiki so there is a possibility that I might mess something up.

Here's the thread im advance. Although, I can take care of it once I get time in about 45 minutes.

Tokinada scaling is also all over the place, he's supposedly Byakuya level yet almost got oneshotted by Kensei who's weaker than base Mask who's far weaker than Renji who by himself is inferior to Byakuya , novel scaling is inconsistent.
A lot of people glance over the possibility that Kensei (as well as Rose and Rangiku) got massively amped post Zombie revival. It’s already a canon and established thing that Bleach characters get massively stronger after life or death experiences and near death experiences. Urahara said it, we’ve seen it with Post Ulq fight Ichigo, it was a plot point for Kenny’s Muken training, and we’ve seen it with Toshiro all through the Arrancar arc.

As for the ‘post zombie’ amp thing specifically, we saw Toshiro go from getting washed by Bazz B and scaling to Mayuri in Shikai, to being able to stop God Size Gerard’s full on punch. The same Gerard that was able to KO Renji and Rukia who scale to Bazz B by literally breathing on them and swatting away a (most likely casual) Byakuya’s Bankai with a hand wave

Then in his immature Bankai, Toshiro’s speed scaled to/above the God Size Gerard/Shikai Kenny w/o the eyepatch tier of speed, had the physical strength/durability to block/parry and take the force of physical blows from the same versions of both characters, and the AP to one shot (freeze to the bone) characters on that level with his maximum output

All this to say Kensei most likely got a proportionately massive amp, so him harming Tokinada and being on that Base/Shikai Byakuya and Shikai Kyoraku level isn’t a contradiction or inconsistent.

A lot of people glance over the possibility that Kensei (as well as Rose and Rangiku) got massively amped post Zombie revival. It’s already a canon and established thing that Bleach characters get massively stronger after life or death experiences and near death experiences. Urahara said it, we’ve seen it with Post Ulq fight Ichigo, it was a plot point for Kenny’s Muken training, and we’ve seen it with Toshiro all through the Arrancar arc.
What kinda Saiyan ahh shit.

People forget that Tokinada was heavily nerfed in the fight cuz he was putting most of his reiatsu into maintaining KS, lmao, CFYOW scaling isn't bad or all over the place, people just can't read. Also, yeah Shinigami get stronger after surviving near death encounters, so saying "oh X character did this that's all over the place" is just super lazy agenda pushing, instead of reading and reconciling what we're actually given.

People forget that Tokinada was heavily nerfed in the fight cuz he was putting most of his reiatsu into maintaining KS, lmao, CFYOW scaling isn't bad or all over the place, people just can't read. Also, yeah Shinigami get stronger after surviving near death encounters, so saying "oh X character did this that's all over the place" is just super lazy agenda pushing, instead of reading and reconciling what we're actually given.
Kubo and Narita can (and sometimes do) use that ‘life or death’/‘near death’ amp in the same way Toriyama used Zenkai boosts…..they could make the boost they get as massive or as insignificant as they want. Writing crutch? Maybe, but it’s not inconsistent writing

Ichibei is able to pull black from Urahara's hat. The stripes in his hat should be green in color, but Ichibei is able to affect it. I've heard that this is because it's supposed to be a meta thing. Since it is a manga, and a manga is black and white in color, Ichibei is pulling the black of the manga panel itself. Has there been new information to disprove this? And if it's still valid, what would this give Ichibei?

edit: the manga panel in question:
0608-015.png

I always liked that detail, Ichibei is inspired to have "mangaka-like" powers not simpy mastery over black, so controlling black and white is much above the simple color in this context.

In fact, he can use white to write over black or draw symbols that appears etc..

not saying kensei or Rose didnt get stronger (Kensei could have just hollowfied ), but the examples are kinda baaad.

Zaraki didnt get stronger by life or death shinigami boost as u intend, he was simply removing the nerf he placed upon himself, Toshiro also consistently trained between each arc, and he is very young, and Ichigo actually was getting more powerful by tapping more on hollow powers as you can see the mask changing design + hybrid adapting, as grimmmjow compare hikone to him which is very different from the type of boost u mention. Kubo is definitely not using a lot that kind of death life boost, in fact he never really mentioned it in the whole manga except that single panel.
I would still say that can be used if u want to scale higher some chara, but just that most of times scaling is actually very clear and dont really need that. But for the zombie thing can be used if it fits ur scaling I guess.

Last edited:
Back