• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bakugou's teamwork

To put it simply as of Chapter 208 Bakugou no longer looks down on people weaker than himself and utilities teamwork now so that weakness should be removed or separated from his Rise of Villains key.

Didn't Bakugo stop underestimating people weaker than him when he faced Uraraka?

I believe he finally started accepting teamwork when he reluctantly teamed up with Deku to face All Might => then easier time accepting help to escape the villains => then trusted Kaminari to handle an opponent in license exam => then help others at the band practice which allowed members of his class to in turn trust Bakugo => which led to the perfect teamwork in the class 1A vs class 1B arc.

I don't remember a lot of examples of Bakugo underestimating people after the first Deku vs Bakugo fight.

He didn't underestimate Uraraka actually, and it was one of the main themes of the fight. If he did, her plan wouldn't have almost worked since he'd have been holding back.

He did underestimate All Might but I think that was because he was paired with Deku and wanted to show him up.

Other than that, even in the Sports Festival, Bakugo can be pretty great at teamwork if his attitude isn't shit, which he fixed quite substantially after training with Gang Orca.

This is somewhat unrelated to this thread but shouldn't Bakugou have some type of Reactive Power Level or a Limited version of it ? I don't remember which chapter it was said (I'm still looking for it) but Deku did say that Bakugou does indeed get stronger in a fight the more he fights because he sweats more. The weaknesses would be that this ability gets weaker in the cold as stated both in the recent chapter and Joint Training arc. Also I'm pretty sure this was said in the Sports Fesival.

It's not that he underestimated All Might.

Despite how powerful he knew All Might was, he still thought he could beat him if he tried hard enough.

Honestly, the bit below as a whole should be removed

"believing himself to be number one and looks down upon those he considers weak."

He stopped considering himself number one very early in the series, he straight up accepted that Izuku would have won in a real fight after the first combat training and was clearly distressed from Shotou and others putting up a better performance than him. From that point onward, whenever he declares himself as the strongest, it's more about approaching challenges confidently than having an arrogant and ill informed view of himself.

And yeah, the Uraraka fight perfectly demonstrates that he doesn't underestimate opponents easily

Back