• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 4

"We should get moving before the storm starts moving over here, so I'm ready to leave whenever."

"We should get going then, shouldn't be too much longer to Dallas." Corvus said, having finished his food and disregarded what Quentima said about kissing, picking up his bags and starting to walk.

It isn't too long before Theresia joins the others outside with her usual cheery demeanor.

"Ready now! I hope I didn't make you wait too long?"

Nero finishes what he was eating, grabs his things and follows the others towards Dallas

@Dragon Squad: At the reek of the local office the receptionist is there waiting for you.

@Pyromaniacs: Keeping along the road, you finally reach the grand city of Dallas. There are buildings reaching to the sky, hundreds of people on the streets, dozens of bizarre animals, and a man at a desk screaming about America.

@WHY Gang is slightly behind.

"It's a proper city alright, don't see too many of these nowadays." Corvus comments, looking around, but seemingly unsurprised.

"Its always a good change of pace to see an actual city." Nero comments

He heads towards the man at the desk to better here what he is talking about.

@Dragon: "Not backing out? That's rather nice." He says, handing you an envelope. "This has the full mission enclosed, but the simple rundown is that you're going to help us liberate some territory."

@Paul: The man sees you approaching, asking in an aggressive tone "Hey there, are you a patriot?"

@Overlord: You approach a large chestnut colored horse, around 8 feet tall and holding a massive amount of items on its back while pulling a small wagon behind it. It's owner sees you.

"You wanna buy something buddy?"

@Torl

Oh Oh, quite the strange horse.

"Heh eh, to know if i wanna buy something, i need to know what you sell first."

Ukyo responds to the man

@Overlord: "Don't tell anyone, but I'm selling the special good stuff. I also sell towels. It's a decent front."

@Dragon: "You might want to read that on the way there, it'll take a bit. We have a 'copter lined up for you."

A... patriot? The country is sort of gone though.

"Umm, why yes I am friend." Nero responds to the shouting man

Hmmmm what i should do... maybe find someone to do it, i am quite thirsty

Quentima thinks to herself as she tries to find a bar or something, where people would go to get drunk

Corvus begins walking further into the city, looking around as he does.

I wonder what's to be seen here.

He thinks to himself.

@Phoenix: The city has become rather developed as of late. There are shops, hotels, job offices, a Jail, bars, and all other manor of infrastructure. There's an alley with several shabby people fighting as people seem to bet on it.

@Paul: "Excellent! Then you understand the importance of a strong government and a need for control of a rowdy populace?"

@Drite: The recruiter sees you too but is busy in his spiel.

@torl

"Yes, indeed I do, it helps keep order." Nero says, trying to placate the man

@drite

"Hello. Did you need something?" He asks

@Paul: "When then, you agree that the US government needs more presence in a city like this, am I correct?"

@Dragon: One of the pilots mutters something about "Another one being sent"

The letter states that the city of Durant, Oklahoma is being occupied by enemy forces and must be driven out. There's a map of the known USA attatched. It warns that the area is dangerous and requires you to combat extreme enemy forces. You will be sent in via an air drop, as it's too dangerous for an air vehicle to stay in the area. It says to ask the pilots for further questions.

@Phoenix: There are no apparent powers being used.

@torl

"Well, that would be a good thing, it could help bring stability to other places." Nero says, continuing to agree as before

@drite

Nero stares dumbfounded for a moment at her straightforwardness, surely he had heard her wrong, is what he thought at first, but he realized quickly that he heard what she said correctly.

"I uhh. If you can give me a bit to finish up here, we go find somewhere to do that, I suppose." He says, somewhat flustered and confused at how forward the thot was, and how this seemingly came out of left field

@Paul: "Well I can see that we agree, so I believe you should help support the US government!" He says joyfully "We're just about ready to fully be control of this here town."

@Dragon: "There's a radio in the town's military base. You can contact us with that."

@Phoenix: There are jobs for any person, from bounty hunting to sweeping floors to fixing cars, you could do anything. They all seem to have varying currencies.

"Alrighty, i will be seating right there, when you're finished with this, come and call me" The thot says as she goes towards a chair, she seemed pretty bored

Corvus looks at what the bounty hunting jobs have to offer, he also sees if there's anything particularly unique to offer in any other jobs.

@Paul: "There are many ways to do it. You could donate weapons, money, materials, or any of that. You could house soldiers, help out at the military base, or enlist for guaranteed citizenship and benefits.

@Phoenix: There are many jobs for draft dodgers, though unique ones stand out as a serial killer in the woods, a runaway slave, and a con artist who's skipped town.

Back