• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bad Page Report Thread

I agree so much with Matt. The best thing to do here is to separate the men from the boys and the ladies from the little girls. Let the quality of your work speak for itself and let kids be kids. ye?

Fine by me. That actually seems like the most feasible course of action, Ven.

EDIT: No offense taken at all, Fate (I could never be mad at you for something so juvenile), and I do agree that good exceptions do exist (looks at Monarch's work). Just needed to get that off my chest as naturally I think that kind of breed gets too much attention as well.

Promestein said:
It's quite unfortunate that the versus aspect is as important as it is.
Maybe we can somehow reduce some of this problem if we just ban matches between "x with higher dimensional y" and normal tiered characters with stuff on the same dimensional level? EDIT: While an exception could be made if both creators agreed to it, I guess?

That way people would feel less interested in going around making them I think, if only partially, as they wouldn't be able to go around throwing matches and saying "MuhHax" all the time. Wouldn't solve the problem on Discord, if people are going around doing that tho.

FateAlbane said:
Maybe we can somehow reduce some of this problem if we just ban matches between "x with higher dimensional y" and normal tiered characters with stuff on the same dimensional level?
I am a bit conflicted on this. On the one hand, I can undersstand where you're getting at with people not being able to show off "MuhinfiniteDhaxlolrekt", but on the other hand, it makes me still doubt people will stop bragging about how strong their characters are in general because that's what the the "kids" will do no matter what.

Well, the actual point was kind of like:

"These people would like to discuss in the VS threads how these "Muhhax" powers single-handedly tear through everything and be bragging wins.

If they know that in adding that it insta-translates to "won't have matches in the first place" then maybe they would feel less motivated to just make the Omni-Rekt-Muhax in the first place, as that would outright beat the purpose of them wanting to show off anything.

Their page would just be there but if it's crappy no one would pay any attention to whatever they wrote there anyways as without matches there would be no need to be reading through an ocean of random overly-meh-hax.

Hax stomps shouldn't be allowed to begin with. That's the most basic of basics. So giving someone that kind of hax is pointless if you want vs matches.

Understood! Yeah, then they wouldn't brag that "Myocxxripperbloodbladexxkilledthisguyhesostronglmao". This seems like a possibility that could potentially help, imo. I agree in general with this thread btw.

Character, story, lore, etcetera should take priority. Writing only for power is something most authors don't care about.

Oh, praise the heavens this glorious day! Literally every grievance I've ever had with some of the practices on this site just got voiced... I thought I was just about the only one.

If it wasn't apparent, yes, I agree with the above. Discourage "overpowered characters for the sake of being overpowered", sure, but if people really want that? Let page and character quality speak for itself, and what people do or don't pay attention to will make it apparent that people aren't interested in matches involving those sorts of characters, assuming they're not already hax stomps.

To be quite frank, I 100% agree I overkilled it. I know I did. My reasons for doing such honestly was because of the fact I was scared that it wouldn't fit the requirements and fall short, so I used everything I possibly could to describe him in such a way. It was futile yes, as it still failed honestly. I could have made my character bland and fit it effortlessly. But... There was no way I would do something like that. I could literally have just made him Azathoth and no one would've cared.

And no I am not the only one. I've seen characters go under the spotlight that I know for a fact do not fit the requirements. I can name 2 .

In fact, i care the very same hatred for that type of practice. Infact, i literally mentioned it when i made Future Matthew. Her power set was made specifically to represent everything I hated about the Vsbattles aspect of the community. It was why i knew people such as Fate would hate it, because it showed and brought to light this exact problem. It was a creative way to introduce it. Sera's was more effective though.

Also, can I just say that these verses who are only made for "MUHPOWAH!!!!" are very easy to spot.

We aren't going to go on "Witch Hunts", but if we notice a file like that and see nearly no substance, we will ask about it. So be prepared to answer. A simple paragraph or more worth of personality would make us happy.

Also I personally will be asking for those with 1-A anything about their cosmology blog. Pretty sure we made that a rule.

I don't think it's that bad. Could do with some cleaning up, and until I see some more plot I'm going to assume its a 1-A for the sake of being powerful, but not deletion worthy or anything. It's justification, via scaling, is 1-A, even if it does seem like a very common justification for 1-A

>Had a shitty ass week of Spring Break that ended last weekend along with a really bad family emergency while asking the staff to look out for here for a while.

>Sees stuff like this happening that happened in like one of the past few days in one day...

Ahhh......................................................................I feel glad of just leaving and not being a part of this whole thread that literally does not need to be a discussion thread.

Cousteau can use some formatting revisions. (Should I fix this particular problem?)

His Powers And Abilites section is a little fishy as well.

Also this has been brought up before and I assume people gave time to the user to edit, but nothing was changed since then and Zenia still sounds really meh for Tier 0, too.

The ammount of substance lacked in the page as a whole - even more at the justifications - is kind of eye-burning.

FateAlbane said:
Also this has been brought up before and nothing was changed since then but Zenia sounds really meh for having Tier 0, too.
The creator of that is now inactive. I think the pages should be Hakai'd now.

Yeah, the user of that one page is inactive, as is all of his pages.

And oh dear. Well unless someone else of the staff comes, I can try to look into them more later as I am here by phone rn.

Well, their creator is still active, so I'd at least like to talk to them beforehand

Promestein said:
Well, their creator is still active, so I'd at least like to talk to them beforehand
Wikia slapped the inactive tag on him. I thought that was when you would skip trying to talk to him.

Satanael. This page has 1. Questionable High 1-A justifications (although that's not the main reason why I'm reporting this).

2. NLF Immunities on lower keys. (Not just resistances, flat out immunities)

3. An ability that affects HIGH 1-A BEINGS. (again, on lower key) I'm not kidding here, he supposedly does that. And with this thread having him against the wikia's strongest High 6-A (Satan), I'm starting to think it was made for the sole purpose of beating Satan. Or at the very least altered to do so.

I think that was made yesterday it's probably not done but still really cluttered someone should probably message the maker.

As I mentioned on our discord.......

There's just... Nothing original about them. No "what ifs", nothing interesting, just minuscule differences.

I support deleting them and helping the creator get just a bit creative.

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
The creator has also made these pages: Toster, Seve. These can also be deleted for the same reason as Olive.
Someone should still probably tell the creator ya there unfinished and what's there does need to be deleted but still the guy should be given the chance to save it to work on it somewhere else.

Back