• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bad luck you say? Qrow vs Sad Larry

How does that change anything here? We are not assuming he does it on command, just that his ability would react to how it normally reacts to stuff that would lessen his pain.

Plus, saying that a bugler and a woman just fall in love on sight or that two eggs magically fuse, or that a litiral miracle recovery happens is just "being at the wrong place at the wrong time" is kinda pushing it.

Because it's a comedy. Rule of funny is very much a thing. It's like saying that the hero will always win and call it plot manipulation.

There are other characters that just happen to get lucky and unlucky like what you are describing, this guy litirally breaks the rules of his verse. He accidentally gives people miracle healing, makes someone litirally being mugged fall in love with the mugger and makes two egg randomly fuse into a heart.

At most you can say that it's akin to toon force, but that is still aplicable to battles, and we actually know what his ability reacts to others like.

No i mean im legitimately asking what reasoning as no reasoning for Larry actually winning was given. Larry cant use his powers offensively nor can he use them to hurt anyone else, hell he cant actively use them at all

Calaca Vs said:
Again, SBA makes Qrow attempting to kill Larry. Larry will notice this and will try to make Qrow succeeds. Then Qrow dies from anyway possible and Larry will feel sadder.

He killed his father which makes him sad.

And he doesn't need to kill him. Incapping or BFRing Qrow it's the same. Qrow may lose interest in killing Larry after seeing how miserable he currently is and just leaves or he gets suddenly narcoleptic and starts sleeping in the floor.

He didnt actively kill his father, the bad luck was skidding his car on a patch of black ice that would never have been there as, as larry stated in the video, black ice doesnt form on that road and he'd know as he drove that road all the time. Thats what killed his father, the ice, not Larry actively bad lucking his father to death out of the blue.

The former is a possibility yes but the latter has never once happened. Qrow is also just as likely to balance out the bad luck with his own.

Qrow only applies bad luck on targets. If he gives Larry more bad luck the result will be worse.

But I don't know why am I repeating this to you since I've explained this many times before.

My dude youve explained it wrong. Youre giving a misleading representation of how Larry's powers work and telling the guy who co-made the damn profile that he doesnt understand lol

Except that's how it works. If it makes Larry sad, it happens.

Given the fact that you forget things from RWBY, such as Ozmas's abilities in the other thread, you'd expect if I doubt about it. Also, if that's the case bring the scan proving that Qrow can make himself lucky and not just gives bad luck to other people just as his profile says.

Yes but it doesnt just randomly make people drop dead out of the blue, it doesnt make people just pass out for no reason, youre giving Larry's luck far more than it has ever demonstrated.

What did i forget? I dont expect you to doubt, i expect to be taken seriously as i actually know what im talking about. When did i ever say Qrow makes himself lucky?

WeeklyBattles said:
The former is a possibility yes but the latter has never once happened. Qrow is also just as likely to balance out the bad luck with his own.
He can't balance Larry's bad luck giving him more bad luck.

Dargoo brought a video from Dailymotion to debunk your arguments but this derails this thread so let's keep the discussion about Qrow vs Larry.

Do you want a better argument for Qrow not killing or harming Larry? Okay, he'll make a Delberry Dismemberer. Remember? The homicidal maniac killer who terrorized the city and just randomly skipped Larry when he faced it? With more bad luck he'll ignore him or lose the interest to fight.

I never said Qrow would harm or kill larry, if you'd actually read any of this thread you'd see that i was arguing for inconclusive as neither can kill the other since the very start of the thread.

And I'm arguing for that Qrow will not even matter about Larry and will leave, BFRing himself.

SBA takes care of that

"State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't. Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma."

Considering the imprevedibility of his prob manip, it's hard to tell what exactly it'd do, so arguing for one specific scenario out of countless possibilities is futile. All we know for sure is that it should avoid his death, but scenarios in which he gets incap'd are a possibility as well

His PM shares the fact that no matter what happens it'll make Larry feel sad and miserable. And taking into account that a psicopath killer manslaughtered dozens of persons and delibaretaly avoid him, added to the fact that two eggs merged to form a heart just to make him sad it's proof enough to say that anything is possible.

Abilities are able to change state of mind, you know. Mindhax does it all the time, and other powers could. Probability could certainly achieve this.

Larry probability manip would definitely be subject to this seeing as he has absolutely no control over it

Subject to this.

This being what? SBA? Him having no control over it means nothing, it literally causes whatever to happen so long as it causes Larry to be sad. Him wanting to die means anything that prevents his death in combat is going to be viable. Whether this means Qrow dies to make Larry jealous or Qrow walks away and kills other stuff while Larry begs him to die is inconsequential.

You could even say that the Delberry Dismemberer appeared in the hospital due to his bad luck.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, Larry powers do not make people drop dead for no reason, that is not how his powers work
See the response above me tbh. His powers do whatever it takes to make him sad. Him being unable to die makes him sad. The fact that Qrow could get randomly RKO'd by a passing group of beings is irrelevant.

Back