• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bad luck you say? Qrow vs Sad Larry

Their behaviors get changed weekly. Because every MLP match would have the characters litirally casually chatting and never even raising a fist.

My vote is still for Larry, by the by. In character and willing to kill, I don't think Qrow can actually do anything to Larry due to Probability Manip. It stopped a serial killer from wanting to kill him purely because he wanted to die.

So Larry (in theory) can get a win-con. Qrow can't. Unless I guess the same prob hax causes Larry to be unable to kill Qrow, which I guess is a possibility.

Larry's luck doesnt cause bad things to happen to other people, only to himself while also simultaneously preventing him from dying. Qrow isnt putting him down any time soon but Larry could very easily incap himself on accident.

Larry's luck doesnt cause bad things to happen to other people
~ WeeklyBattles​
That we know of. All we know is that so far it gives the opposite of what Larry wants.

Larry's caused a robber to fall in love with the woman he was robbing purely because Larry felt lonely.

So there's that.

Larry affects the world around him all the time. It caused his father to die hating him, caused a building to fall, made eggs fuse into a heart, made a mugger and a woman he was mugging fall in love, etc.

Yes Larry literally only causes bad luck for himself not others. It just so happens that 'bad luck' often translates to saving him from killing himself when he wants to die

The way I'm seeing this is like this:

Qrow wants to kill Larry (SBA). Larry knows this and going by his standard personality would let him because that'd make him happy.

Qrow dies from a heart attack, failing at killing Larry and making him sadder because nothing can kill him.

Yes it was bad luck for Larry, which only hit him harder as the family he was staying with had a grandfather in the hospital who just minutes before was confirmed to be making a full recovery

Yeah, a person died to make him sadder. I don't see any difference with giving Qrow a heart attack just to make him sadder.

Because Qrow isnt Larry's father who he feels responsible for the death of

iirc Larry's father is the only person who has ever actually died as a means of making Larry sad

Again, SBA makes Qrow attempting to kill Larry. Larry will notice this and will try to make Qrow succeeds. Then Qrow dies from anyway possible and Larry will feel sadder.

Again no, that isnt how Larry's power works. It would sooner Incap Larry to make qrow stop attacking him than it would directly stop Qrow as that would maximize the ammount of sadness that brings larry as he found someone who can finally kill him and then they feel bad and leave

Except that literally happened in one episode. Larry was trapped in a full body cast and strapped to a hospital bed and a mass murdered broke into the hospital and started killing everyone, the killed took one look at larry and just kept walking despite Larry begging him to kill him

And that's why Qrow can't kill Larry.

I mean, you could even argue that was Larry who unconsciously called the Delberry Dismemberer. Add his father's death and voila.

Qrow can't win this and the incon is still unlikely.

Yeah no, Qrow cant win but Larry cant beat him either as he has never actively caused the death of someone attacking him

Larry doesn't need to attack. He knows Qrow is trying to kill him and he'll let him and will do everything to make such thing possible. Larry is so unlucky that Qrow may die from an alien infection just to make Larry sadder.

Larry isn't attempting to use his powers offensively. He ever did that. Actually, he doesn't know he has those powers so arguing that he wouldn't use them offensively to kill Qrow is wrong. Larry's powers are passive and works without him noticing.

Now I want to spam Larry. I love this guy.

Which is nothing in comparison to Larry's. Are you trying to compare missing sniper bullets with everything Larry has suffered?

And even then Qrow's passive bad luck will give Larry more bad luck. A.K.A. more chances to get rid of Qrow easily. This isn't maths. In any case it's exponential.

I am going to once again tell you that no, Larry doesn't just cause bad luck to himself. He does to others as well, as long as it makes him miserable as well.

And qrows bad luck isn't a tenth as effective, and that's assuming it would hamper Larry and bot boost him

Didn't his father like... die, specifically in response to the family he was staying with getting a call that their grandpa/dad/etc was fine?

As long as it is in such a way that Larry is miserable (as in, the person trying to kill him dying, which would fit in with irony), Larry would have a pretty solid win.

And the professional badass hunstman with a short gun sword Scythe can't kill the Sad Boi.

This is Vs Battles Wikia, gentlemen. This match deserves to be one of the best in our history.

Is it ever mentioned that Larry has probability affecting him akin to Milo Murphy for example? Because if not, this is textbook "rule of funny" and this match loses all value.

I hate to be a buzzkill but this question needs to be answered.

Back