• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hired To Kill A Pathetic Sap? I Wonder... (Yor Forger vs Sad Larry)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so I was curious about this one. Sad Larry is incapable of killing himself due to his luck being so terrible that the only way he can die for sure is from old age. Granted this is easily counterbalanced by him having no energy to do anything thanks to his depression, but still.

Yor Forger has a literal 100% success rate when it comes to kills, and her Combat Intelligence section alone is a testament to why she never failed to land a hit. She's been trained in combat since her early teens at the very latest and as such is always willing to go out in an all-out brawl if she needs to.

That being said, what would happen if we put ALWAYS against NEVER? Someone who ALWAYS lands a kill against someone who can NEVER get killed? Let's find out (I mean, ****, people pitted a Tier 4 character against Larry; what's wrong with me doing so with a 9-B character?)

For this match-up, speed is equalized, and as always, Yor had gotten some intel on Sad Larry prior to the fight (as, in-character, she gets intel prior to going for a bounty).

Here are their profiles.:

Yor's Profile
Sad Larry's Profile

Who takes this?

She who ALWAYS kills: 0
He who can NEVER get killed: 0
Neither: 0

Following lol.

It's hard to tell if Yor's combat poweress is enough to overcome Larry's bad luck from a feat relevancy perspective. Yor's abilities and resistances don't really counter Larry's luck on their own.

But as stated in the Frisk v Sad Larry match, there's an instance where Larry was incapped or could've been killed (surviving a bathtub with a dude falling onto himself; and I saw the episode and the event hospitalized him). So from a feat difficulty perspective, Yor's feats are more difficult in skill (and pretty superhuman) and could somewhat overpower Larry's feats and abilities in terms of amount of people influenced onto.

Larry's feats and abilities are geared into making him survive anything so he doesn't die (or get more depression). And they technically haven't been shown to counter much of Yor's abilities.

So I think Yor would try to increase the chance of her killing Larry, but at best Larry would get sad if his passive empathic manip or power bestowal gets into Yor (Quality v quality by abilities perspective). At best, Yor would incap or possibly kill Larry, which I lean towards since she has better feats (Quality v quality by feats perspective). Influencing a robber and robbed victim is nothing to decimating an entire military unit.

Following lol.

It's hard to tell if Yor's combat poweress is enough to overcome Larry's bad luck from a feat relevancy perspective. Yor's abilities and resistances don't really counter Larry's luck on their own.

But as stated in the Frisk v Sad Larry match, there's an instance where Larry was incapped or could've been killed (surviving a bathtub with a dude falling onto himself; and I saw the episode and the event hospitalized him). So from a feat difficulty perspective, Yor's feats are more difficult in skill (and pretty superhuman) and could somewhat overpower Larry's feats and abilities in terms of amount of people influenced onto.

Larry's feats and abilities are geared into making him survive anything so he doesn't die (or get more depression). And they technically haven't been shown to counter much of Yor's abilities.

So I think Yor would try to increase the chance of her killing Larry, but at best Larry would get sad if his passive empathic manip or power bestowal gets into Yor (Quality v quality by abilities perspective). At best, Yor would incap or possibly kill Larry, which I lean towards since she has better feats (Quality v quality by feats perspective). Influencing a robber and robbed victim is nothing to decimating an entire military unit.
Wow... That's an interesting perspective...

Back