• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azure Striker Gunvolt Discussion Thread 2: Insert running joke for every Gunvolt discussion thread after this

We don't count DLC for anything. They're just cross promoting.
The dlc characters this time are coming to this universe through portals and some of them seem to have dialogues, and this game seems to confirm the existence of a multiverse with Inti's series/games (although Bloodstained already had this with Zangetsu traveling to Gunvolt's universe in one of the endings of Curse of the Moon). This seems to be similar to what happens with Disgaea with dlc characters from other Nippon Ichi series, and the power scaling and cross scaling between characters from these series.

We’ve always keep these universes separate from each other for debating. I seriously don’t think planet destroying Copen is realistic especially when he states that the tech is far more advanced compared to his own. As well, the games don’t belong solely to INTI. For example, Blaster Master is owned by Sunsoft, it’d just be complicated to mesh the two power levels together especially when GV is a very grounded verse compared to the verse with the Galaxy Master and Multidimensional Overlord despite that just being one mutant lord, with one mutant lord per planet in the universe. The scale of the two verses could not be more different, There's no way Copen (iX2 specifically) would ever stand a chance against Jason in reality, who is now an incorpreal superdimensional being without physical form married to a Mutant Queen that embodies Superdimensional space like WHAT. Zangetsu (Curse of the Moon) cuts the MOON IN HALF, and I seriously refuse to believe that Gunvolt is gonna do the same thing, and if Zangetsu's that powerful, why is GV even needed at that point.

With that same logic, Shovel Knight should be Gunvolt Level because of that one amiibo boss fight

COGEN: Sword of Rewind has basically nothing to do with INTI either, so they can’t really decide that crap, same with Yumo from Dusk Driver

The existence of the "multiverse" is not really confirmed, the Gunbike, Esctacy shots, all of that is literally meant to be a reference and nothing more, I can straight up the stream where Matt basically just confirms that it's just a reference for the INTI fans. Copen says that there may be infinite universes in the conversations, not that there is, he's only theorizing, he's not some omniscientient being.

From the VS Battles Crossovers Page
Onesided crossovers officially take place within one continuity, but not the other. Given that some characters may be parodies of their original counterparts, they could potentially get a separate profile scaling from the other verse based on their importance to the story.
Well, I seriously doubt according to this that Mr. Superdimensional Blaster Master that stops universal threats is very important to the story, especially since he's a DLC Boss Fight where Copen has to go into a random block and just... meet them (when he's specifically only targetting the Gravekeepers and nothing else), and Jason is trying to stop the Lightning Beasts, which Copen has nothing to do with- meaning neither of them are important to each others stories at all. Even if you argue "uh Blaster Rifle"... it doesn't necessarily have to be one from Blaster Master, even though it's a blatant reference. Also, it'd be a complete outlier in general, so we'd have to make a seperate profile.

While I do like the idea of cross scaling because it's cool depending on how its handled, VS Battle Rules are VS Battle Rules

Last edited:
The scale of the two verses could not be more different, There's no way Copen (iX2 specifically) would ever stand a against Jason in reality, who is now an incorpreal superdimensional being without physical form married to a Mutant Queen that embodies Superdimensional space like WHAT. Zangetsu (Curse of the Moon) cuts the MOON IN HALF, and I seriously refuse to believe that Gunvolt is gonna do the same thing, and if Zangetsu's that powerful, why is GV even needed at that point.
For the moment, we do not know which version of Jason will be his opponent, as it may be a version prior to becoming a superdimensional being. Zangetsu has not fought with any Gunvolt characters, the scene where he travels to the Gunvolt universe in one of the endings only confirms the existence of a multiverse shared by Inti's games.
COGEN: Sword of Rewind has basically nothing to do with INTI either, so they can’t really decide that crap, same with Yumo from Dusk Driver
Like Nippon Ichi and Neptunia, and the Neptunia information is used as part of the Ninppon Ichi multiverse cosmology on the Wiki.
With that same logic, Shovel Knight should be Gunvolt Level because of that one amiibo boss fight
Shovel Knight is different, because he is simply a random battle without explanation, while the dlc characters in this game are coming to this universe through portals, even when they are defeated they return to their universe through a portal and some even have dialogues.

The dlc characters and crossovers in this game are closer to what was seen in Nippon Ichi with the characters arriving to the universe or world where the game takes place through a portal. This detail confirms that they are versions of the characters that have arrived from their universe of origin. That's why I say, the way dlc characters and crossovers are presented in this game, are more similar to how they are presented in Nippon Ichi, which are allowed for this universe in the Wiki and characters can get power scaling between them because of this.

Although well, maybe it's something that is only allowed for the Nippon Ichi universe or these games have to be reviewed by the Wiki, because it doesn't follow the current rules of the Wiki.

Last edited:
For the moment, we do not know which version of Jason will be his opponent, as it may be a version prior to becoming a superdimensional being. Zangetsu has not fought with any Gunvolt characters, the scene where he travels to the Gunvolt universe in one of the endings only confirms the existence of a multiverse shared by Inti's games.
So if I made a game where at the end of the game my character fought Mario, my character is 4-A because he ran into Mario by jumping through a portal. No matter what version of Jason we use, the scale is just to different to realistically think Copen is gonna fight him
Like Nippon Ichi and Neptunia, and the Neptunia information is used as part of the Ninppon Ichi multiverse cosmology on the Wiki.

Shovel Knight is different, because he is simply a random battle without explanation, while the dlc characters in this game are coming to this universe through portals, even when they are defeated they return to their universe through a portal and some even have dialogues.

The dlc characters and crossovers in this game are closer to what was seen in Nippon Ichi with the characters arriving to the universe or world where the game takes place through a portal. This detail confirms that they are versions of the characters that have arrived from their universe of origin. That's why I say, the way dlc characters and crossovers are presented in this game, are more similar to how they are presented in Nippon Ichi, which are allowed for this universe in the Wiki and characters can get power scaling between them because of this.

Although well, maybe it's something that is only allowed for the Nippon Ichi universe or these games have to be reviewed by the Wiki, because it doesn't follow the current rules of the Wiki.
I'm not gonna pretend know crap about Nippon Ichi. Honestly, they "explaination" being portals doesn't really help, it's just a cool effect to explain it. I don't really think Crossovers like this should be allowed just because some other verse seemed to make it work.

Following cuz I'm GV fan (Basically Megeman-based gameplay FC)
and waiting for LAIX2 Copen profile
Don't worry it's coming. It should be in my Sandbox_0 except I'm lazy. I have all the gifs ready except cyro flash

Ignore Task Manager I just saved the troll page before it got deleted. I didn't make that masterpiece

Don't worry it's coming. It should be in my Sandbox_0 except I'm lazy. I have all the gifs ready except cyro flash
It is possible to change the justification for the Absolute Zero resistance for the LAiX version of Copen, because we do not know if this version fought with Tenjian, although we now know that this version fought with Mother, who has some of the abilities of Gunvolt 2, therefore Copen resists Absolute Zero in his fight with her.

Last edited:
Like Nippon Ichi and Neptunia, and the Neptunian information is used as part of the Ninppon Ichi multiverse cosmology on the Wiki.
So I am going to point out Nipponverse uses 0 Neptunian information for it's cosmology. At best is was used as supporting evidence from statements of that the nipponverse has on it's own. As well DLC is used for scaling as DLC events are considered canon to the verse.

So I am going to point out Nipponverse uses 0 Neptunian information for it's cosmology. At best is was used as supporting evidence from statements of that the nipponverse has on it's own. As well DLC is used for scaling as DLC events are considered canon to the verse.
Thanks for the opinion. Looks like their scaling shouldn't apply here then.

I do think having separate pages for the DLC bosses is fine though, since they seemingly have dialogue, and the events canonically happen (Though there's none for Kohaku Otori's fight, I just checked), though the game at least tries to explain why they're there with strange space-rift things.

This fight with Kohaku in particular would likely give Copen some form of Acausality (Or whatever you get from remaining aware when time's been reversed) and another part of his intelligence where he figured out how Kohaku's time manipulation worked pretty quickly.

Edit: Side note, COGEN actually looks pretty good. I think I'll pick it up. I love a good game with at will time manipulation. I assume Kohaku dosn't have any dialogue since she lacks an English Voice Actress.

This fight with Kohaku in particular would likely give Copen some form of Acausality (Or whatever you get from remaining aware when time's been reversed) and another part of his intelligence where he figured out how Kohaku's time manipulation worked pretty quickly.
Immeasurable speed : V

Can't wait for Yang Yumo to come out and finally make iX 2 playable

unknown.png

Can't wait for Yang Yumo to come out and finally make iX 2 playable
According to what I read this only works for the standard mode, not in the hard mode, if this is true, I hope that later they incorporate it to the hard mode.
Try the demo first. It's a hard game.
It's not that hard, although it can be a bit frustrating to die with a hit and the mechanics of going back in time to prevent it, and this is even more frustrating in the hard mode. But playing with Copen is entertaining in this game.

Done

I regret to inform that no Vic is not going to voice GV

On the BLOODY BRIGHT SIDE THERE'S A DUB

And EVERY character is dubbed, like for the Image Pulses, like Jota and Viper

Sean voices Diluc from Genshin and Ky Kisuke from Guilty Gear, Yuuki Mishima from Persona 5, Kiyotaka Ishimaru from Danganronpa, Diabel from SAfuckKiritO, Keiji Mogami from Mob Psycho

Kelly voices Amber from Genshin

Diana Garnet voiced two Naruto OPs

Last edited:
Basically we use multipliers, go to the bottom of the page, it links the thread detailing it. I prefer not using multipliers if possible but it makes sense

Alright I’m sorry if I’m being annoying but this is my last question and I just want to make sure I understand everything. The mountain level feat is the Tenjin one right (690 megatons)? Then you just multiply it by the corresponding value in that blog?

Back