• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Awakened Breath Bang downgrade

If you seriously cannot see the contradictory in Bang scaling to someone who can pulverize every bone in his body with a single punch I truly disagree with you giving input here, and I’m not saying this in a disrespectful manner.
if you cannot see the contradiction in scaling the shockwaves being able to break every bone in his body to the exact same scene of him being shown as physically comparable and still insist that shockwaves scale to the user's AP, then I guess there's really no way for me to win this argument
but your thread isn't going to go through anyways so, I'm not really obligated to continue arguing with you since I'm not staff

if you cannot see the contradiction in scaling the shockwaves being able to break every bone in his body to the exact same scene of him being shown as physically comparable and still insist that shockwaves scale to the user's AP, then I guess there's really no way for me to win this argument
but your thread isn't going to go through anyways so, I'm not really obligated to continue arguing with you since I'm not staff
Even you acknowledge that he can destroy every bone in his body due to his strength. This is a joke. I’ll wait for reliable staff members to come and reread the thread.

and I highly believe he only reached this level at the end of the fight where he grew enough to one shot Bang with a mere graze from his attack.
This reasoning is extremely flawed. Garou defeated Bomb with a graze due to the nature of the technique that he used. Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist is a Martial Arts technique that allows the user to send shockwaves through the target's body once direct contact is made. These shockwaves destroy the insides of the target.

Bang and Garou not being 6-C for your reasons make no sense.

so the fact that the redirected AP is ignored?
But it's not even redirected, Garou only scrapped his chest, which proved insufficient to twist his body.

For example, when Garou did that against TTM, his body was flung in one direction, so he threw out a punch with the other hand to add the energy of the punch + his own.

No such thing is occurring in this scene.

This reasoning is extremely flawed. Garou defeated Bomb with a graze due to the nature of the technique that he used. Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist is a Martial Arts technique that allows the user to send shockwaves through the target's body once direct contact is made. These shockwaves destroy the insides of the target.
Nothing of my argument is flawed and nothing in your rebuttal addresses what I’ve already established.
I’m much aware of the nature of the technique, hell I’ve even agreed to him having access to internal attacks using this move. What you failed to see or agreed to ignore is the fact that the shockwave emitted from this attack is capable of one shotting Bang, the shockwave itself being inferior to the actual punch. Even a graze was enough to one shot Bang.
Garou’s base stats are capable of one shotting Bang. That’s what y’all are failing to address here. Garou being capable of pulverizing every bone in Bang’s body completely annihilates the idea that Garou didn’t grow in this battle and Bang scales to him.
Bang and Garou not being 6-C for your reasons make no sense.
Bang doesn’t scale to Garou at the end of the battle. That’s my entire argument and it’s shown in the very battle.
Garou is only 6-C at the end of the battle.

Do we treat RASRF like some type of multiplier here? That’s the only way I can see people being confused about this. If so, it shouldn’t be treated like one and Garou’s strength was enough to break every bone in Bang’s body. He shouldn’t and doesn’t scale.

But it's not even redirected, Garou only scrapped his chest, which proved insufficient to twist his body.
What? I believe you have a misunderstanding of the definition of redirection. Bang is redirecting all of his attacks in this scene, redirecting being the act of changing the direction of something or someone.
For example, when Garou did that against TTM, his body was flung in one direction, so he threw out a punch with the other hand to add the energy of the punch + his own.

No such thing is occurring in this scene.
Yeah, you’re misunderstanding the technique entirely.
It doesn’t redirect energy by using the momentum from an enemy’s attack to propel their own attack forward, this is never stated or shown in any occurrence of it being used. Hell that doesn’t even make sense.
It as a technique uses the energy of the redirected attack to attack it’s opponent. As stated by Tank Top Master.

It’s the definition of the attack and what you’re proposing could be done without even using the technique yet Garou even states he was forced to use the technique to attack TTM. What you’re proposing isn’t even logical.
TTM states by countering his attack (parrying an attack and delivering one of your own, the way WSRSF is portrayed to work) he delivers a blow using his own energy x2 to deliver damage upon him. Not a single mention of using the momentum from his face being punched to propel his body into punching twice as strong as someone stronger than him. It’s illogical and unrealistic. Not even mentioning it being baseless.

page_20-21.png

bang's hand endured being able to crack garou's face
the end
Bump
Your argument is wrong.

What? I believe you have a misunderstanding of the definition of redirection. Bang is redirecting all of his attacks in this scene, redirecting being the act of changing the direction of something or someone.

Yeah, you’re misunderstanding the technique entirely.
He literally says he used the technique after punching TTM in the face using the momentum from his punch.

He literally says he used the technique after punching TTM in the face using the momentum from his punch.
If you can provide the scan of his saying this I’ll spam slurs to get my account perma banned and I’m not even joking. I gotta see this “literally”

Where does he state “I used the impact of his punch to redirect my own body and use his momentum against him”?
In the scan he gets punched, uses WSRSF to redirect his punch and attack him with a punch of his own.
This sequence being described by TTM he “repelled all of my attacks…nullified them…and redirected them”, “and because he can read your moves, he is able to…counter your attacks with your own power to double the damage

Where does he state “I used the impact of his punch to redirect my own body and use his momentum against him”?
In the scan he gets punched, uses WSRSF to redirect his punch and attack him with a punch of his own.
This sequence being described by TTM he “repelled all of my attacks…nullified them…and redirected them”, “and because he can read your moves, he is able to…counter your attacks with your own power to double the damage
The only spoken thing that matters is that he says he used it. Everything else is clear from just looking at the picture book and what's happening.

So, if I'm getting this straight, you're saying that Bomb and Bang shouldn't scale to 6-C because Garou dura negged them? As in, he negated their durability. If I'm not blind, Bang literally did damage to Garou, not by throwing something or anything like that, but Punching him.

Newton's third law says that Bang's fist and body must have equal durability to the punch he threw that damaged Garou(plus If i also saw right Garou punched Bang and he didnt die or get one-shot by that), if you don't like that, get some staff to allow you to make a thread about durability and that particular reasoning.

So, if I'm getting this straight, you're saying that Bomb and Bang shouldn't scale to 6-C because Garou dura negged them? As in, he negated their durability. If I'm not blind, Bang literally did damage to Garou, not by throwing something or anything like that, but Punching him.

Newton's third law says that Bang's fist and body must have equal durability to the punch he threw that damaged Garou(plus If i also saw right Garou punched Bang and he didnt die or get one-shot by that), if you don't like that, get some staff to allow you to make a thread about durability and that particular reasoning.
dura neg here is just internal targeting, which wouldn't change its ability to break bones
but regardless the fact that it can break bones just means that shockwaves scale above the user's AP

Back