• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Endgame portrayed Base Thanos as he should have been from the start. The strongest being in the verse. Being 5B doesn't seem illogical to me now.

What makes Thor 5A is his Hammer and not his physical condition.

Thanos being 5-B is impossible as he has nothing putting him there. The only option is 5-A except Thor never connected a blow with Stormbreaker on anything iirc. If he did, he would have one shot/mowed through Thanos like he did at the start of the movie. Plus if Thanos was 5-A, he wouldn't neeed to use the 5-A power stone to one shot Captain Marvel who had just no sold a direct hit without blinking with a brief amp.

And Thor is clearly weaker than he was in Infinity War, unless one is going to argue that base Thanos is so much more powerful than two hammer Thor who is superior to King Thor who is superior to base Thanos. Thats gonna work out well.

Thanos character wasnt changed. He was exactly the same. The only thing that changed was his plan, for ovious reasons. He realised that his plan to wipe out half the population so that the rest can prosper, was gonna fail do to people like the avengers. So it makes sense that if that doesnt work, you should remake a universe without people like them. Seems logical to me.

Fun fact. The thanos in Endgame is far weaker than the one fought in infinity wars. He was completly gauntless in the film. While he already aquired one when he first appeared in infinity wars. To put it into perspective the gap in power, just the power gem alone was able to punch captain marvel into irrelevance.

Thanos had no statements about destroy a planet, all he said was about invade planets and destroy the civilization, like he did with Gamora's planet and Earth

Got to agree with the above. Base thanos didnt really say he could destroy planets. However, he did confirm that te infinity gaunlet can destroy and recreate the entire universe.

Captain Marvel with her powerfull mode (forgot the name) should be At least Large Country level. She can't tank a hit from a punch with the power stone, so no Large 5-B for her

She is, for sure, weaker than the Power Stone

If Base Thanos will keep with his High 6-B tier, then I guess "At least High 6-B" is fine for her

The gauntlet yes. However it is very restricted in order to achieve 3-A destructive capacity. If the user cant close his palm, it is literally useless. Thats why thanos had to rip out the power stone and grip it with the other hand, as captain marvel was preventing him from closing his fist.

It doesn't make any sense, yeah, but we do see Cap and Thanos fighting almost as equals when Cap got the Mjolnir

The enchantment says that "if you are worthy, you'll have the power of Thor", and in Endgame, Thor is High 6-B lol

And I don't agree with Stark being 3-A with the stones. The power of the gems depends the power of the user. We saw that Hulk can just use a little and then his arm starts to burn, Stark died after use. Thanos is the most powerfull user of the stones

No lol, they have the same power in general

But, basically, Thanos is strong enough to use the Gauntlet without problems, while Hulk and Stark were overpowered by the power of the stones

M3X said:
And I don't agree with Stark being 3-A with the stones. The power of the gems depends the power of the user. We saw that Hulk can just use a little and then his arm starts to burn, Stark died after use. Thanos is the most powerfull user of the stones
No.the gems dont rely on the user. The user just has to be durable enought to endure the power. Nowhere was it mention that the gems depend on the user.

No, nothing proves that Cap with Mjolnir is strong as Thor, literally nothing. The power of Thor means nothing, we saw Odin saying that the hammers just focuses Thor's power. So all feats with Mjolnir from Thor is derived from his powers

So 6-B tier for cap and some other characters. Tho it makes sense for the Full gauntlet to be so massive in scale if Used as thanos implied. It was inplied in the first movie that energy equal to the big bang was what gave birth to the gems (or was it the big bang it self? Cant recall)

@Ovrhide

It is not a question of durability when Hulk can't use for much time and Stark (Human, not with an armor) could. Stark died after using the stones to destroy Thanos's army, imagine using to destroy the universe. No way.

The Hammer clearly boosted Captain since he was fighting a serious Base Thanos who is High 6-B

"no reason for that" except their...fight ?

Also, Cap's shield could tank some attacks from Thanos

He was not boosted, he was just giving him some trouble because of Mjolnir. Thanos make shit about Cap's shield, with some hits the shield was at least 60% destroyed

The shield wasn't instantly destroyed by his attacks

If he was giving some trouble to Thanos then he was boosted, the difference is that he might be a Glass Canon

"8-C physically (harmed his past self), Higher with Mjolnir"

M3X said:
@Ovrhide

It is not a question of durability when Hulk can't use for much time and Stark (Human, not with an armor) could. Stark died after using the stones to destroy Thanos's army, imagine using to destroy the universe. No way.
He can. His body would probably get erased from existence instantly, but he will acomplish it.

>Died after killing Thanos's army

>Can destroy and reacreate a universe

Really dude?

Might have been said earlier in the thread but I'd say that Scarlet at least scales to base Thanos, maybe even Stormbreaker thor, given she was able to completely manhandle him/immobilize all but his mouth. Or at least her telekenesis should. If not thanos, then at least a bit stronger than Strange, given that Thanos was able to resist/pull against Stranges attempts to immobilize him back in Infinity war.

I'd also note Thanos should have Resistance to Radiation since the Stones emit Gamma Radiation when used.

Also this just flashes out Base Thanos

I also have an unpopular opinion regarding Stormbreaker

Just came from the theater. It's almost impossible to think how much a movie franchise managed to accomplished in just one decade. I can still remember the day I went to see the first Avengers back in 2012, and how I thought something like that would be impossible to work.

Stormbreaker thor is unique because he overpowered the power stone plus others gives him planet level. Marvel is thanos only with no gauntlet against her.

I mean we've agreed the Power Stone has variable AP and the difectors have claimed Thanos was taken by surprise and therefore doesn't scale.

It'd also note that since it's the one feat and Thor never does anything of that scale tells me it may be an outlier

Cap possibly is only 7-A, yes, he fight with thanos but also Spider-Man in infinity war, maybe just "a least 7-A likely High 6-B" alo he don't make any serious damage.

7th Ki'oon said:
Stormbreaker thor is unique because he overpowered the power stone plus others gives him planet level. Marvel is thanos only with no gauntlet against her.
So when can the end game updates be applied and when can MCU Captain Marvel be added as a VSBW profile?

Carol's profile can be made now. I'd hate to say it because I'm a Thor fanboy and Brie Larson annoys the hell out of me but she is "at least High 6-B".

The infinity gauntlet statement is low 2-C. Universe creators in general are low 2-C, which is what thanos stated he could do.

Back