• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Although he has IA, I don't think he can dodge all of Vasco's attacks
True. Theory's IA isn't that OP compared to others in the verse.

Theory has the skill to make up for the AP, but the LS is still potent and Vasco can land some nasty hits that way to make sure Theory can't escape.
LS advantage isn't all that big via Theory having experience in dealing with people who have higher LS Vasco himself.

His finisher move is definitely going to be brutal and his social influencing may even lead up to that.
Definitely.

But I think at that point Vasco might have dealt too much damage by then, and he could push himself to keep fighting after that.
I highly doubt that Vasco would deal "too much damage" to someone who's more skilled, has IA, as well as not being far behind him at all in terms of AP.

I will say Theory has a pretty good pain tolerance. Theory can last in a fight for extended amounts of time while taking shots from foreign objects like steel chairs, steel steps, and kendo sticks, which all leave many welts and bruises all over the wrestlers body. He can also fight through injuries such as broken fingers and a swollen/broken jaw.

So my vote, Tie. It can really go either way.
Your vote will be added.

Somehow I thought I was the OP for this and was confused why edit didn't work.

Now my reasoning:

Although he has IA, I don't think he can dodge all of Vasco's attacks. Theory has the skill to make up for the AP, but the LS is still potent and Vasco can land some nasty hits that way to make sure Theory can't escape. His finisher move is definitely going to be brutal and his social influencing may even lead up to that.

But I think at that point Vasco might have dealt too much damage by then, and he could push himself to keep fighting after that.

So my vote, Tie. It can really go either way.
For these reasons, Incon FRA

So to confirm-

Vasco has 3.6 AP (Hudson scaling) < Vasco < Heat Mode Vasco

Simple enough.

Skillwise Austin likely beats him, Vasco's all about pure raw power anyway. I need to ask what's the AP of a Grizzly bear? Like specific Megajoules.

Social influencing should still work on him, his third key is the one that mellowed out I remember now.

Just read through, and I'm voting for Vasco.

He's an endurance demon who doesn't go down from attacks that would literally kill people who scale to him. He is not only already stronger than Austin, but he's used to fighting people vastly more skilled than him like Johan.

I can see Vasco outlasting Austin and eventually bringing him down.

He's an endurance demon who doesn't go down from attacks that would literally kill people who scale to him. He is not only already stronger than Austin, but he's used to fighting people vastly more skilled than him like Johan.
The first half is fair, but Theory is used to fighting people with vastly more skill/experience than him, too, to the point where he even adapts mid-battle.

I can see Vasco outlasting Austin and eventually bringing him down.
I wouldn't underestimate Theory's endurance, either. While not as impressive as Vasco's, he can certainly take a beating and continue fighting.

Well yeah, but Vasco would end up outlasting him.
I have a question about this statement you made:

He's an endurance demon who doesn't go down from attacks that would literally kill people who scale to him.
To what extent can Vasco endure those kind of attacks? Does he no sell those attacks, or does he significantly injured, but has the will to power through it?

But would Vasco get severely injured from these attacks and just power through the pain, or does he take little damage?

Well they're against people who scale to him so he powers through it, otherwise it wouldn't be endurance.
Then I'd assume he'd still be at a disadvantage if Theory were to hit him with one of his finishers, so the advantage would still on Theory's side.

Can you show me his finishers?

Also I still doubt that any number of finishers from Austin could take Vasco out. Not only does he hold an AP and Durability advantage, but he was able to withstand a brutal beating from someone who at the time was 283.260389x stronger than him.
Was this during Vasco's second key (9-B), and the person who beat him up was 9-A?
This was in Vasco's first key.
It's worth noting the exactly AP numbers really shouldn't be used in Versus Match ups, and the massive disparities between stronger and weaker characters in Lookism are due to Genre-Shift Power Creep.

(Seriously Jake Kim hurting his hands on Vasco, and not getting one-shot by UI Daniel despite the AP gaps from Street level+ / Wall level (single digit megajoules) / Small Building level (triple digit megajoules) just don't really logic

Last edited:
It's worth noting the exactly AP numbers really shouldn't be used in Versus Match ups, and the massive disparities between stronger and weaker characters are due to Power Creep
So how would we treat Vasco's feat of endurance then? Because it seems a bit extreme that he can power through attacks over 200x stronger than him.

It was specifically stated that that was due to Vasco continuously getting up, so Jake hurt himself due to constantly hitting Vasco's bones.
The difference between flesh and bones means jack against a 200 times AP/Dura gap. (That's like the kinetic energy of a large rodent vs. a punch from Mike Tyson)

Then that's just plot induced stupidity.

You can't even boil down this feat to power creep, because at this point Jack was still portrayed as vastly superior to nearly everyone we've met to that point.

Then that's just plot induced stupidity.

You can't even boil down this feat to power creep, because at this point Jack was still portrayed as vastly superior to nearly everyone we've met to that point.
That's not plot induced stupidity, it's plain Power Creep caused by genre shift. There weren't any displays of power even remotely close to the feats which we use to scale Jake and Gun at the time.

This is because Lookism went from a drama webtoon about bullying and how appearance can cause discrimination with some action, to a webtoon about concrete busting, bronze-bell shattering, steel wrecking-ball fragging gangsters with light-up eye powers. (And also why we've only seen non-fighters like Duke or most of the female cast maybe once in the past year)

That's not plot induced stupidity, it's plain Power Creep caused by genre shift. There weren't any displays of power even remotely close to the feats which we use to scale Jake and Gun at the time.

This is because Lookism went from a drama webtoon about bullying and how appearance can cause discrimination with some action, to a webtoon about concrete busting, bronze-bell shattering, steel wrecking-ball fragging gangsters with light-up eye powers. (And also why we've only seen non-fighters like Duke or most of the female cast maybe once in the past year)
I miss Duke and Zoe and Mary Kim and Logan x Vin Jin man....

Anyway even if Jake hurt himself hurting Vasco, it might actually drag him down. Some scaling in PTJ I've been aiming to fix in awhile.

Back