• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aureolus Izzard vs. Ainz Ooal Gown

I agree with Jugger. Incon seems correct.

If you think one time use of time stop(no pun intended) means in character i dont know what else to say to you.

Ainz might use death magic. But may very likely not. Never disputed that.

Read the above evidence Kuul. He's very likely to.

"If you think one time use of time stop(no pun intended) means in character i dont know what else to say to you."

I don't feel like arguing this with you as there is no point here anyways.

"But may very likely not"

Then you say "Never disputed that"

Ok?

So you say you dont dispute that but say its not likely. You have yet to even try to prove this, while I've already gave examples of when he has and why he didn't when he could have. Every situation hes been in is with a known force, except the first encounter with that mercs attacking the village, in which he still Grasp Hearts right away.....lol

In fact the one example I can think of when Ainz has to engage someone he knows nothing about, he uses death magic at the start against the mercs attacking the village, which then sizes up their resistances and then he realizes they aren't a threat. Further proving this.

ThePixelKirby said:
He did most of his testing early on in the series. Against the Slane, he recognized the angels. He knew they were no threat. He only endured an attack from their strongest angel because he highly doubted it could feasibly hurt him, but hey, best to test.
Against an unknown enemy he wants to kill, he'll just kill them. The knights? Grasp Heart, not even going to bother. Massive army? He didn't even bother looking at the military tactics of the Empire; he just killed them all. He's only shown this testing confidence when he thinks he's in no danger.
He only relaxed because he recognized the angel from Yggdrasil, and knew it was no threat. Ainz is a very paranoid and meticulous person; he won't pull his punches against an unknown enemy.

It's completely untrue that he "may very likely not" do this, despite what KuuIchigo claims. Every example of him encountering an unknown enemy supports the claim that he won't underestimate them. Every time he pulls his punches, it's because he already knows that the enemy is no threat. Against an unknown enemy that he needs to kill (as per SBA), he'll go for the kill immediately.

I think its more likely we'll all die of old age before KuuIchigo finds any sort of proof Ainz start with anything other than time stop or death magic in this situation so that reason for voting Izzard is null.

They both start with something that instantly kills one another by thinking.

So @StrongClick list what reason you are talking about. If its KuuIchigo's, theres yet to be any proof in his favor. Only proof against it.

ThePixelKirby said:
He likely starts with time stop or death magic.
Now, seeing as his opponent's thing is also verbal, I'm actually leaning towards inconclusive since they both end up one-shorting each other. Whoever draws first.
^This reason is the only one I can see that makes sense to vote for so far. Nobody has yet to put forward any reason to vote for either Ainz or Izzard(that hasn't already been proven false). So really, we are still waiting for that.

If anybody is voting anything other than incon please state your reason.

In other words

Saying I vote Ainz or Izzard FRA makes zero sense right now as there is no viable reason for either vote and should not be counted.

Sorry. I had a life to attend too jugger.

Burden of proof is on you. Ainz doesnt lead with timestop like you seem to think (infact you just dodged this the last time with some excuse) and he uses death magic seldomly.

Ainz is super overconfident when he thinks he understands hhis opponent.he thinks humans are weak. Which is correct in his verse but not here. He will just observe izzard like he usually does or even let him strike first. Which he does in char often when he thinks he holds the advantage.

Izzard is more likely to insta kill ainz then vice versa. Just the way it is.

I feel like you didn't read a single comment of mine or anybody elses for that matter. I already did, not to mention just stated a situation in which he had no info on them and instantly killed them. In other words you have yet to retort at all with any proof, at all.

I've explained it before but you don't want to listen. Theres no point continuing this discussion as you will not listen to reason as seen in other threads, so I will drop this convo. TGOALID>IB. lol. adios.

KuuIchigo said:
I've explained it before but you don't want to listen. Theres no point continuing this discussion as you will not listen to reason as seen in other threads, so I will drop this convo. TGOALID>IB. lol. adios.
Exactly. No proof at all.

"TGOALID>IB. "

Also what?

Bye?

Anyways, considering the one reason to vote for Izzard has been disproven and the person has yet to even try to prove it I can safely say his vote and any other vote for his reason is null. As well as Belyompusct's reason for voting Ainz as that was before finding out Izzard thinks to kill aswell. So the only votes that are valid right now are the incon ones.

EDIT: ohhh IB= Imagine Breaker I suppose KuuIchigo was someone from that thread, didn't remember you, anyways I disagree

Why did you null the Izzard or Ainz votes?

Izzard can just as easily think that none of Ainz's attacks will hit him before going die.

Yea, honestly, all arguments for Izzard has been that Ainz just won't use death magic, except he would. And they both have quick, thought-based kills that neither can really stop, along with room for error and failure.

Unless hard evidence that denies the surplus of examples of Ainz leading with death hax, which I'd be hard-pressed to find (He's always led with such against enemies he does not know much about, and has acted incredibly cautious when he isn't sure of what's going on, for example, his first days in the New World and when dispelling Shalltear's Mind Control failed), this really can't be better than incon.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Izzard can just as easily think that none of Ainz's attacks will hit him before going die.
Ainz and Izzard both think to kill each other at the start in character thefore incon is the only real option right now.

Unless you want to elaborate on what you are saying. Because I don't really get it. They both have no knowledge on each other at the start. Ainz doesn't know Izzard can kill him by thinking and neither does Izzard know Ainz can kill by thinking.

John985 said:
Pretty sure you can't just null the votes of others.
Anybody can if there is no viable reason to vote for someone.

Other wise anybody could just vote for someone for no reason at all. Also if you are voting for anybody state why. We are still waiting on a reason for either Izzard or Ainz.

The person with the reason for Izzard has just up and left after being asked to prove to his assertion that Ainz doesn't start with death magic, which he most certainly does.

And Izzard starts with the "die" thought (spell?) therfore incon.

Izzard in the first round of Izzard vs Touma, used Ars Magna to make Touma forget everything. No reason he won't do the same here.

Izzard always start with Ars Magna, but there's no proof of Ainz starting with death hax. His fight with the workers and clementine, he didn't use his death hax first.

John985 said:
Izzard always start with Ars Magna, but there's no proof of Ainz starting with death hax. His fight with the workers and clementine, he didn't use his death hax first.
He knew of clementines strength.

Also wrong, first season he uses grasp heart on a regular merc to test their strength.

Also other things I already mentioned like

Volume 11.

Instantly kills the frost dragons, even trying against one that was going to surrender right away anyways.

Volume 12.

Has prior knowledge on King Buser, knows he isn't a threat, wants to test his mele skills so death magic isn't needed and he knows it.

Volume13.

Instantly kills the 3 demihuman leaders Vijar Rajandala, Nasrene Belt Cure and Halisha. (One resists the death magic because of an item)

Ainz starts with death magic on opponents he doesn't know about.

TacticalNuke002 said:
And Izzard starts with a powernull/memory erasing combo. Which is done via RW, so Ainz doesn't resist.
You already voted FRA when the die "thought" (spell?) was brought up as his starting move. Now its powernull/memory erasing? So which is it? If anybody that knows the verse would input please.

What does he actually start with?

Yeah he started with death hax at the start, but that's just him testing the strength of the new world resident.

Did he use the hax in all his battle? No, look again in the black scripture battle.

TacticalNuke002 said:

I did say that he would do the powernull/memory erasing combo before the "die".

TacticalNuke002 said:
And Izzard starts with a powernull/memory erasing combo. Which is done via RW, so Ainz doesn't resist.
Also that doesn't really change anything, Ainz still just thinks to kill him too, izzard won't do it any faster. Still Incon. If anything Ainz wins if thats true. Ainz just wanders around after forgetting he just instantly killed Izzard untill he remembers or its a BFR incon if he will never remember.

Against Clementine, he already had a relative measure of her strength via the undead she summoned. She was a test; he had a reason not to kill her early.

Against the Scripture, he literally had Gazef deal with them first, and Gazef was fine. He had no reason to fear them if they could just barely kill Gazef.

TacticalNuke002 said:
More along the lines of Ainz's attacks stop working mid-spell and he forgets what he was doing.
What?

Why would his be faster?

They both think to use their abilities. Makes zero sense.

Also, Ainz has immunity to mental hax as an undead. It's listed as a basic undead trait, which is boosted by the staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, if that holds any relevance.

TacticalNuke002 said:
"Grasp Heart"
"Stop"

Which is faster?
???

Ainz just thinks Death

How would Izzard know Ainz is casting a spell in his thoughts before hand anyways? He would just be standing there.

Also, Ainz has spells that don't even require a word. He was able to cast both Time Stop and Death without saying a single word.

Ainz has Silent Magic, and he has used it on many occasions.

Back