• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aureolus Izzard vs. Ainz Ooal Gown

Yomi Schwarz said:
Where was it agreed on? can i see the thread?

I call rubbish even so.

More instances of Ainz using literally any other magic than time stop and he dosent have enough info on izzard to even warrant using a magic like that and again,an in character ainz would likely use cast and gestures.

Izzard says "Die" and it's done
Exactly the opposite. Ainz tends to use more powerful magic on foes he knows less about, due to his information warfare mindset

Yomi Schwarz said:
Ainz had info on stronoff and he himself said he liked the guy so much that he wanted to make his death quick

that is not what a "random encounter" is and it is in no way in shape or form applicable in this fight.

for all you know ainz will blabber on trying to grab info from izzard before actually killing him
Except it is in fact what is closest to that, as he has never had a random encounter in his life.

Why guys you all under impression that Izzard mercilessly kills Ainz via RW at the same time second gonna stay still and won't move a finger?

Ars Magna require a mental concentration that can be achieved through intense pain. At least Aureolus profile says so. Don't forget that he also using WORDS as the commands to project his thoughts into reality. It's an absolute condition for his RW to happen.

On the other side, most of Ainz's arsenal are near thought-based and Ainz is used to cast spells silently, usually starting with timestop or death manip. Yup, in most scenarios Ainz blitzes him and oneshots.

Thus, i vote him.

No it's not close.

His actions were backed by motives in the stronoff fight

Motives are not a concrete and viable basis in a random encounter as per SBA.

He has no motives here since he has no idea whatsoever who izzard is....why are we even comparing an intel fight with a non-intel fight and say it's close out of all things?

and plus,did you agree on this on a vs thread? heh even more reason not to believe it.

Yomi Schwarz said:
No it's not close.

His actions were backed by motives in the stronoff fight

Motives are not a concrete and viable basis in a random encounter as per SBA.

He has no motives here since he has no idea whatsoever who izzard is....why are we even comparing an intel fight with a non-intel fight and say it's close out of all things?

and plus,did you agree on this on a vs thread? heh even more reason not to believe it.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DramaticallyMissingThePoint

Belyompusct said:
Why guys you all under impression that Izzard mercilessly kills Ainz via RW at the same time second gonna stay still and won't move a finger?
Ars Magna require a mental concentration that can be achieved through intense pain. At least Aureolus profile says so. Don't forget that he also using WORDS as the commands to project his thoughts into reality. It's an absolute condition for his RW to happen.

On the other side, most of Ainz's arsenal are near thought-based and Ainz is used to cast spells silently, usually starting with timestop. Yup, in most scenarios Ainz blitzes him.
>Why guys you all under impression that Izzard mercilessly kills Ainz via RW at the same time second gonna stay still and won't move a finger?

Uhhhhh....Because all fight where izzard participates is started with RW......

>Ars Magna require a mental concentration that can be achieved through intense pain. At least Aureolus profile says so. Don't forget that he also using WORDS as the commands to project his thoughts into reality. It's an absolute condition for his RW to happen.

He stabs himself in the neck only as a precaution,it's not a requirement for Ars Magna to activate

Unlike ainz who has more spells that uses projectiles and uses cast times and gestures,when izzard says it...its done...no time at all

>On the other side, most of Ainz's arsenal are near thought-based and Ainz is used to cast spells silently, usually starting with timestop. Yup, in most scenarios Ainz blitzes him.

No just no

Read my previous comments

It's SBA. They both have intent to kill.

If Ainz wants to kill, he will. Worst comes to worst, if he needs info, he could revive them later or something.

Ainz, with intent to kill, will lead with hax. Grasp Heart, Time Stop, Death- doesn't matter. All get it done.

But so will Izzard.

Now, if Izzard does require concentration and can't do it at thought speed, Ainz might win due to his attacks being more thought-based. But until proof for such is found, I'm grounded in inconclusive.

Yobobojojo said:
Character Revision Threads exists.
That's a COntent Revsion Thread boi
Uhhh ok

anyways that's where you take assumptions like that for user review :^)

@Pixel

His "Die" Command is simple enough to not require an accupunture or even intense concentration......

Again guys

Can we stop with these?

>Ainz uses time stop at the start

>Ainz's spell is thought based IN CHARACTER

Complete Bullshit.

AInz using time stop against stronoff is not applicable at all against izzard cause as i said he had a motive not at all comparable

I dont even need to elaborate on the second one

SchroKatze said:
Actually, Ars Magna isn't based on the verbal use of it. Its thought based, he only says the things he wants to help him focus on what he wants.
THANK YOU thanks for the heads up

@Belyo

No he dosent.

His "Die" Spell is simple enough to not need an accupuncture even.

• sighs*
whelp, it's pretty much coming down to whoever can pull off the "thought" trigger first, so like ThePixelKirby, I'm grounded here, so I'm casting vote Inconclusive for now

ThePixelKirby said:
Lizzard's Die spell is simple.
Ainz's Death spell is simple.

We're at a bit of a standstill, aren't we?
Izzard is winning because apparently he thinks faster, I guess? In the anime adaptation at least, the Ars Magna kicking in didn't seem like it was that much faster than Ainz's ignition of Delay Magic. I'm just speaking from what I know or have seen so far, so my vote still stands as Inconclusive

Ainz can't use true death at this range and he does NOT lead with time stop so grasp heart and cry of the banshee are his choices here and both of them are slower than Izzards die command so I vote izzard

Ainz does not start with timestop. Period. He used timestop on gazef immediately due to not wanting him to suffer.

Also PIS? Thats just a front to try cover the fact in character Ainz doesn't use it, unless wanting to mericfully kill someone.

If its not clear, voting for izzard.

Ainz starts with either Time Stop or Instant Death. Usually Instant Death, sometimes Time Stop (more likely if he knows/doesn't believe the opponent has resistance to it, as he said vs Gazef; it's vital for a PvPer to have Time Stop countermeasures).

So Ainz is going to start with something that can kill Izzard. Izzard is going to start with something that will kill Ainz.

Ainz has room for error; waiting even a second, or casting another spell. Izzard has room for error; waiting even a second, or killing him in a way that procs his Resurrection.

Just my input.

He does definitely does not start with timestop. Some instant death magic he can lead with, but hes just as likely to observe his opponent to gain knowledge. And that is his downfall. Izzard shows no mercy to random ppl who go after him like ainz.

Ainz throughout all his fights legit only used time stop on gazeff and that was to mercy kill him

I'm not saying he's most likely to do it. Personally, I find it an outlier. But he's done it, so it's possible. Chances are, he leads with Death Magic.

If Ainz has intent to kill, which he does, he will kill. He won't observe someone he wants dead. If he wants someone dead, they will die.

ThePixelKirby said:
I'm not saying he's most likely to do it. Personally, I find it an outlier. But he's done it, so it's possible. Chances are, he leads with Death Magic.
If Ainz has intent to kill, which he does, he will kill. He won't observe someone he wants dead. If he wants someone dead, they will die.
Both can one-shot each other, and both are equally quick on the trigger. It really depends on who reaches and presses the button first. I honestly don't think Ainz is going to hesitate against a guy who physically looks like a jerk, anyway...LOL

Its not a outlier man. He just didnt want to make him suffer. That is all there is to it.

Ainz is always willing to kill. That doesnt make him bloodlusted. He still acts as he would in character. Which includes but is not limited to: standing there, taking hits ftom enemies to gauge their strength or observe them.

Ainz and Izzard both have the means and the will to instantly kill the other. The winner is whoever notices the other first. That has been consistently proven by both sides, so in my opinion the only proven position is inconclusive.

Paul Frank said:
Ainz throughout all his fights legit only used time stop on gazeff and that was to mercy kill him
That's not true. He also used it on the workers. It's safe to say that time stop is one of the first things he'd try against an unknown enemy, after his instant death magic, though he has never been in such a sitiuation as this, so it's admitedly hard to say.

Also, nobody has mentioned the fact that even if Ainz's grasp heart didn't kill Izzard, it would stun him, preventing him from focusing.

He did most of his testing early on in the series. Against the Slane, he recognized the angels. He knew they were no threat. He only endured an attack from their strongest angel because he highly doubted it could feasibly hurt him, but hey, best to test.

Against an unknown enemy he wants to kill, he'll just kill them. The knights? Grasp Heart, not even going to bother. Massive army? He didn't even bother looking at the military tactics of the Empire; he just killed them all. He's only shown this testing confidence when he thinks he's in no danger.

@Bob yes they both can do that, however that is not what is important.Ainzz is alot less likely to immediately kill izzard than vice versa, who actually does such in character, Hence my vote for izzard.

KuuIchigo said:
@Bob yes they both can do that, however that is not what is important.Ainzz is alot less likely to immediately kill izzard than vice versa, who actually does such in character, Hence my vote for izzard.
Volume 11.

Instantly kills the frost dragons, even trying against one that was going to surrender right away anyways.

Volume 12.

Has prior knowledge on King Buser, knows he isn't a threat, wants to test his mele skills so death magic isn't needed and he knows it.

Volume13.

Instantly kills the 3 demihuman leaders Vijar Rajandala, Nasrene Belt Cure and Halisha. (One resists the death magic because of an item)

If you don't understand that Ainz leads with time stop or death magic at the start against opponents he doesn't know anything about, then I don't know what else to say to you.

Back