• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aureolus Izzard vs. Ainz Ooal Gown

Don't know how to debate this fight considering Aureolus lost to IT and didn't get much ways to show off the full extent of his ability.

I mean it is reality warping based on his perception, so in theory he can beat Ainz, but really hard to say how his imagination would go.

Izzard should beat Ainz here. He will likely observe Izzard but cannot do anything to stop Ars Magna's power after he uses it. Ainz' will be dead before he knows if Izzard thinks for Ainz to die. Though. Ain can ressurect, I don't know if that overcomes Izzards reality warping. Even if it does I'd still say Izzard due to having greater varity.

Uncertain on if it will kill Ainz then.

That said I don't know remember much of Lizzard, so I'll wait

I should clarify resistence to death spells is not the same as resistance to reality warping that induces death though.

How likely is he to start with a kill attack on Ainz? Specifically a reality-warping one. And how exactly does his reality warping work?

Isn't Ainz has resistance to Reality Warping because of protection of the World Item he carring? Any World Item lolnopes [Wish Upon A Star] spell that can manifest wishes into reality.

"...There is only one thing which can trump the power of the super tier spell ÒÇîWish Upon A StarÒÇì."

Perhaps earlier, he might have thought it was interference from something in this world, but Ainz was confident that it was not the case. This was because he had sensed it as he activated the ring.

"It, it can't be… that would be…"

"Yes, Albedo. There is only one thing which can do that… the power of World Class Items."

It might be important to note that izzard is most likely not gonna use ars magna the way he normally uses

seeing as ainz is a huge skeleton lich monster thingy,Izzard is gonna be tweaking his hax a bit more.

So even if ainz has resistance to death hax,Izzard is most likely gonna be able to bypass that due to the nature of Ars Magna

But how often does Izzard lead with reality warping out of existence?

Well rip Ainz. Although some sort of scan for that would be nice.

@Pixel

Ars Magna is his primary arsenal and it's basically a verbal reality warp,so yeah he does always lead with it.

if you want to see how Ars Magna works then you can view the izzard profile gallery for the video called "Ars Magna Feats" it demonstrates how it works in a nutshell.

It might be important to note that the usage of ars magna shown in that video is appropriated in terms of power against touma.stiyl and himegami who are basically just humans with superpowers

ainz on the other hand is obviously not going to experience the same level of ars magna usage and izzard can definitely do so due to ars magna theoretically being only limited by his imagination.

...Man, Ainz has it tough. Man needs a break, or a few wins.

Wouldn't Ainz just cast Delay Magic and True Death for GG? Or will Izzard's Ars Magna be too quick for him to act?

Sorry, I'm still on the fence with this. A useful explanation will help with my decision to vote for who.

If Ainz even takes a second to think or casts Grasp Heart or any verbal spell, he loses. If he uses time stop or Death, it's whoever strikes first.

Izzard wins more times than not. I, very sadly, vote Izzard.

Ars Magna is verbally activated

all he needs is to say "Die" which is legit a one syllable word just to activate it and it instantly take its effects.

its tru that ainz has tweaks of his own and he i just as vast in options in one shotting izzard as much as izzard one shotting ainz

I just see izzard likely winning here.

Im still not willing to side with ainz here even so

In an in character battle,Ainz is likely to use chants and gestures

Izzard even with a casual mindset begins with saying "Die" off the bat

im siding with izzard who can use a one syllable word just to end a fight

adding this (idk if it means anything)

2018-11-02

He likely starts with time stop or death magic.

Now, seeing as his opponent's thing is also verbal, I'm actually leaning towards inconclusive since they both end up one-shorting each other. Whoever draws first.

ThePixelKirby said:
He likely starts with time stop or death magic.

Now, seeing as his opponent's thing is also verbal, I'm actually leaning towards inconclusive since they both end up one-shorting each other. Whoever draws first.
Inconclusive FRA

Agreed upon by exactly three people who said that Ainz doesn't usually doesn't start with time Stop because the plot demands in with a complete lack of evidence of him actually doing so aside from one instance

It's the equivalent of me saying The Beast leads with Black Holes because he uses them all but one time and it suits his character

Where was it agreed on? can i see the thread?

I call rubbish even so.

More instances of Ainz using literally any other magic than time stop and he dosent have enough info on izzard to even warrant using a magic like that and again,an in character ainz would likely use cast and gestures.

Izzard says "Die" and it's done

Schnee One said:
Agreed upon by exactly three people who said that Ainz doesn't usually doesn't start with time Stop because the plot demands in with a complete lack of evidence of him actually doing so aside from one instance

It's the equivalent of me saying The Beast leads with Black Holes because he uses them all but one time and it suits his character
Except there was evidence given and had a example in him vs Stronoff

Yobobojojo said:
Here's the thing. There's no concrete answer because Overlord isn't the type of media where there's a fight every episode or Volume, but instead it's more like the Death Note of combat. No one in the new world can actually match Ainz, but Ainz operates with the assumption anyone he doesn't know is, as well as every fight he's had having some sort of caveat. For example, against Shalltear, he already had prior knowledge of her resistances and abilities, and him specifically testing out his abilities against the soldiers. I'd say the Stronoff battle is the closest thing we have to his IC thought process, as he said this was him just doing what he would normally though, as he ended it with what he said was what he would do normally to respect him.
First thing. I have more evidence.

Ainz had info on stronoff and he himself said he liked the guy so much that he wanted to make his death quick

that is not what a "random encounter" is and it is in no way in shape or form applicable in this fight.

for all you know ainz will blabber on trying to grab info from izzard before actually killing him

Back