• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aureolus Izzard vs. Ainz Ooal Gown

Overlord Volume 13

"Does it matter? First we kill him, then―"

"―Shut up."(Ainz)

Ainz interrupted their conversation and cast a silent eighth tier spell, ÒÇîDeathÒÇì.

The ape-like demihuman's smile was frozen on his face as he slowly collapsed.

"...What? What did you―"

"―I told you to shut up, didn't I?"

Ainz once again cast a silent ÒÇîDeathÒÇì spell.

The four-legged demihuman collapsed in the same way as just now.

"Eh? Ehhh? What happened? What's going on?"

The female demihuman who remained still did not understand what was going on, but it would seem she had already recognized who had done it.

"Was, was it you? You killed those two in an instant…?"

Terror was deeply etched on her face. Her body was shaking hard.

"Yes, yes," Ainz carelessly cast a silent ÒÇîDeathÒÇì on the female demihuman as well. "―Hmmm?"

They didn't know what was going on at first because to them they were just dropping dead for no reason, Ainz thinks to kill.

TacticalNuke002 said:
He doesn't resist RW
You are correct but

• "Die": Kills the target. The target simply dies without any wounds, blood loss or sickness; described as being like if their battery had just ran out or their soul had been removed from their body. The victim of the command merely felt as if her consciousness was falling into a deep darkness.
This doesn't stop Ainz from resurrecting as resurrection in overlord totally restores the soul and Ainz self resurrects on death.

Just in case somebody wants my source on the soul restoring ressurection, here.

Volume 6 Chapter 10

Of course there was no problem. With that, Evileye went over to the bodies.

She'd thought they would have been burned beyond recognition, but it seemed that the devil's flames had only burned the soul rather than the flesh. The corpses were immaculate. After closing their eyes and crossing their arms over their chests, Evileye withdrew a Shroud of Sleep from her pack, and began by wrapping up Tia.

"What is this?"

"This is a magic item that stops the decay and rigor mortis of a body when wrapped around it. It's very useful for those who use resurrection spells."

Evileyes two teammates, Gagara and Tina had their souls completely destroyed by demiurges hellfire and even Lakyus with a low tier resurrection spell was able to restore their souls. Resurrection magic in Overlord restores the persons soul even from complete destruction. So Ainz still self resurrects.

In fact now that I remember Ainz's self resurrection works here I'm leaning more towards Ainz as he would just timestop when he resurrects after already been killed. He basically has two chances to kill Izzard while Izzard only has one to kill Ainz.

Shit its still a bit hard to say though.

@ThePixelKirby

Since you are the only person I truly believe to be truly neutral here, what are your thoughts? I'd appreciate hearing them. Still of the same incon conclusion?

I still believe it's likely incon, really. Ainz has a lot of thought-based kills, but at the same time, so does the opponent. It's a tough one, but far too many Ainz matches end like this.

In the end, Ainz is likely to start with a hax that kills. That's how he is. And Izzard will to, because that's how he is.

Ainz has a way to **** up- he waits a second or casts a verbal spell. Izzard has a way to **** up- he waits a second or casts a Kill spell.

But yea, incon seems right here.

ThePixelKirby said:
I still believe it's likely incon, really. Ainz has a lot of thought-based kills, but at the same time, so does the opponent. It's a tough one, but far too many Ainz matches end like this.
Yea I agree, I'm keeping incon after all.

Man. I wish somebody would pit somebody from Overlord thats not Ainz. Too bad we don't see the others fight enough, Shalltear should have enough battle time from the anime and the novels to use though, strange.

Welp I'm off here for a bit.

Yea, a Shalltear fight would be really cool. Not as much bullshit hax, just some good 'ol brawling.

ThePixelKirby said:
Yea, a Shalltear fight would be really cool. Not as much bullshit hax, just some good 'ol brawling.
The only thing is that her opponent needs some resistance to death manipulation to make it a good fight. As a black/cursed knight, shalltear instantly kills passively with a single scratch. (Its like despair aura turn on/off)

Death Manipulation (Even the merest wound inflicted on her opponent will cause the effect of instant death) from her profile.

This is a wankfest. For Ainz.

Not sure if I'd agree if this is obviously incon.

OpMasada said:
Unrelated to debate, but people say hellfire can "destroy souls", where did that come from.
Demiurge has a spell called Hellfire Wall that can burn souls.

Overlord Volume 6 Chapter 10

Of course there was no problem. With that, Evileye went over to the bodies.

She'd thought they would have been burned beyond recognition, but it seemed that the devil's flames had only burned the soul rather than the flesh. The corpses were immaculate. After closing their eyes and crossing their arms over their chests, Evileye withdrew a Shroud of Sleep from her pack, and began by wrapping up Tia.

OpMasada said:
Unrelated to debate, but people say hellfire can "destroy souls", where did that come from.
I already had quoted it in my comment a few up above you.

The other hellfire spell with special effects we know of so far is hellfire mantle, which doesn't stop burning once it touches someone/something, like Sasukes Amaterasu, even turns black, also completely bypasses inverse immunity to fire.

Back