• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack on Titan revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the AOT pages, and they look, kinda dull. They lack powers & abilities which should be added, and I'm gonna talk about their tiers a little bit. I apologize if this thread looks bad since this is my first time posting one.

Powers & Abilities:

Eren Yeager:

Human:

- Social Influencing (Eren has influenced multiple people, changing their views and encouraging him to fight. Notably, the 104th, Jean, and as a disguised soldier in Marley he encourages Falco, gaining his trust while manipulating and tricking him to send letters to the Survey Corps. He persuades Ymir, who has been a slave for 2000 years, to finally make her own choice)

- Precognition (Attack Titan's most notable ability, is to foresee the future by peering through memories of the future)

- [Additional Context] Martial Arts (Eren is known for being one of the best martial artists in the series. During his time in the cadet corps learning hand-to-hand combat was regular and Annie taught him many of her martial art skills, Eren then excelled in hand-to-hand combat, ranking the first place in the cadet corps)

Pre-Timeskip Titan

• Martial Arts. Why is it not there?
  • Immortality (Type 3) I don't understand. How do you even get this ability? Eren has High-Mid regeneration, doesn't have it, and I have seen some profiles with High-Low and Low-Mid regeneration and yet they have this.
  • Body Control (Can harden parts of his skin which can be used to make more powerful attacks and make the titan more durable. Able to create web of hardened pillars from his body). Eren cannot change the bodies of Eldians, he isn't royal blood, he cannot use the full power of Founding Titan so Biological Manipulation is not valid, Body Control seems better for those abilities
  • Resistance to Heat Manipulation (Withstood the heat from Rod Reiss's titan)
  • Resistance to Time Manipulation (The Attack Titan has been stated to transcend time itself). This likely is valid for his human form too.

Post-Timeskip Titan
  • Regeneration (High Mid). Eren doesn't have Mid-High regeneration, he still is in the nape, he isn't in the underground through a tether
  • Biological Manipulation (Stated that he is fully capable of using War Hammer Titan's abilities to leave his prison whenever he wants no matter how tough and deep the underground cell was. Later does so, sealing his escape route in the process)

Armin Arlert/Bertolt Hoover (Colossal)

- [Additional Context] Steam and Heat Manipulation (Colossal Titan can emit steam which usually as hot as boiling water. Colossal Titan can also create a Large Heat Blast which is hot enough to vaporize naval ships and human bodies completely)

- Lower Regeneration. Have you ever seen Colossal Titan regenerate fast as Attack Titan for example? Colossal Titan regenerates slowly due to its size.

Reiner Braun (Armored)

Annie Leonhart (Female)
- Martial Arts. As I explained with Eren before

- Immortality (Type 3)
- Body Control (Can harden parts of her skin which can be used to make more powerful attacks and make the titan more durable), replace Biological Manipulation.

Porco Galliard (Jaws)

• Martial Arts. As I explained with Eren before
  • [[Additional Context] Natural Weaponry (Jaws and Claws)
  • Immortality (Type 3)

Ymir (Jaws)
- Martial Arts. As I explained with Eren before
- Immortality (Type 3)
- Natural Weaponry (Jaws and Claws)

Literally every character who uses 3DM Gear
- Limited Flight. Obviously?

Tierings
So Eren, Karl, and Ymir Fritz got downgraded

I think they might be 8-B+ to 8-A physically since they dwarf Rod Reiss Titan in size alone.

Last edited:
Yeah, what happened is that we were waiting for the series to end before doing any large revisions.
Anyways, following.

What's the context for the time transcendence, because without cobtext it gives nothing, although they were talking about changing yhe past so it sounds like time travel or causality manipulation

What's the context for the time transcendence, because without cobtext it gives nothing, although they were talking about changing yhe past so it sounds like time travel or causality manipulation
Eren saw the future before he even got the Attack Titan. Its in both Episode 1 and Chapter 1

I agree with all of these except Resistance to Time Manipulation. When Eren says the AT transcends time he seems to only be referring to it's ability to view memories of future inheritors. Regardless of what he meant though, we don't see any time manipulation powers used in the series to justify this resistance.

I would like to add that Eren's Post-Rumbling Titan should be renamed to Colossus Titan, it's literally a copy of Armin's Colossus Titan.

So according to KLOL the calcs we've been using have been reduced for no reason meaning thr Armorrd Titan scales fully to Bertolt's transformation and self-destruction which it tanked twice

So according to KLOL the calcs we've been using have been reduced for no reason meaning thr Armorrd Titan scales fully to Bertolt's transformation and self-destruction which it tanked twice
So wait, does this mean, no more 9-A Titans?

It means 7-C titan shifters
I should note that what I said regarding explosions apply only to explosions, it doesn't apply to merely normal heat feats where there is no overpressure (No overpressure, no explosion). Those are a whole different ballgame.

Buuuuuuuuut it seems that Bertolt's stuff really is an explosion, as it has "boom" written all over it.

I should note that what I said regarding explosions apply only to explosions, it doesn't apply to merely normal heat feats where there is no overpressure (No overpressure, no explosion). Those are a whole different ballgame.
They are explosions yes

ive been told the site doesnt do surface area for explosions. is this true
Yes, we do cross-sectional area instead.

First we determine how far the dude is away from the boom, use inverse-square law to get the yield and then we multiply the yield tanked with the cross-sectional area. Cross-sectional area and surface area are not the same, Cross-sectional area is smaller than surface area by 40-50%.

But if the bomb feat happens inside the character, or they cover it up with their bodies or hands or they face-hug it or bear-hug it or are literally standing/sitting on top of it while the bomb also remains smaller than them in size, then they scale to the yield in full. IF the bomb shell is bigger tho, chances are the explosives are situated farther than the character due to the thickness of the bomb shell and thus you need to figure out how far the actual explosives are from the character.

And not all people have a cross-sectional area of 0.68 m^2, taller and bulkier people will undeniably have greater surface area and thus greater cross-sectional area.

Last edited:
Yes, we do cross-sectional area instead.

First we determine how far the dude is away from the boom, use inverse-square law to get the yield and then we multiply the yield tanked with the cross-sectional area. Cross-sectional area and surface area are not the same, Cross-sectional area is smaller than surface area by 40-50%.

But if the bomb feat happens inside the character, or they cover it up with their bodies or hands or they face-hug it or bear-hug it or are literally standing/sitting on top of it while the bomb also remains smaller than them in size, then they scale to the yield in full. IF the bomb shell is bigger tho, chances are the explosives are situated farther than the character due to the thickness of the bomb shell and thus you need to figure out how far the actual explosives are from the character.
How would that apply to this scene

I'm also am referring to the armored Titan at the very beginning.

How would the method of cross-sectional work with that

Excuse me what now
Since I've apparently been doing explosion calcs wrong for the past three years, face tanking an explosion is apparently accepted as scaling to the full yield so they scale to Reiner tanking Bertolt's transformation explosion twice and Eren face tanking the explosion that fragged rod reiss

Oh shit, they finally movin out of the pathetic spot that is 9-A
Nah, 9-A tiers remain as well (Since there are 9-A calcs for Eren that doesn't need cross-sectional area), those with 7-C calcs now become fully 7-C

Last edited:
I'm also am referring to the armored Titan at the very beginning.

How would the method of cross-sectional work with that
Considering the fact that the explosion originates from the Titan's body, he'd scale to the full yield.

Unless you're referring to that anime scene. In that case, The Armored Titan doesn't seem to be near the epicenter of the explosion caused by Bertolt and is quite a bit far away when his body lies there with the pile of debris post-boom. So figure out how far he was in that case, use the formula on the Explosion Yield Calculations page and then multiply with cross-sectional area.

Unless I'm missing something, was Reiner within close proximity to Bertolt during the transformation? Because I see Bertolt being in mid-air while Reiner in his Armored Titan form is lying on the ground

Considering the fact that the explosion originates from the Titan's body, he'd scale to the full yield.

Unless you're referring to that anime scene. In that case, The Armored Titan doesn't seem to be near the epicenter of the explosion caused by Bertolt and is quite a bit far away when his body lies there with the pile of debris post-boom. So figure out how far he was in that case, use the formula on the Explosion Yield Calculations page and then multiply with cross-sectional area.

Unless I'm missing something, was Reiner within close proximity to Bertolt during the transformation? Because I see Bertolt being in mid-air while Reiner in his Armored Titan form is lying on the ground
In the manga bertolt was standing on top of the armored titan when he did that

In the anime he was directly above the armored titan when he transformed

That applies to all of the titan shifters, they are 9-A from tanking 7-C explosions at point blank range via surface area scaling
Doesn't Eren have a 9-A only explosion for himself in the manga where he is the one that generates said big boom?

Doesn't Eren have a 9-A only explosion?
Via transforming but we apparently dont use transforming as a measure of their physical power anymore seeing as armin was downgraded and no longer scales to his transformation explosion

Via transforming but we apparently dont use transforming as a measure of their physical power anymore seeing as armin was downgraded and no longer scales to his transformation explosion
Is that so? I also remember the Titans having some 9-A wall-busting feats too, specifically Reiner.

In the manga bertolt was standing on top of the armored titan when he did that

In the anime he was directly above the armored titan when he transformed
Do we use the manga or anime for calcs?

Also if Reiner's armor scales to the explosions, would only the dura for his armor scale as well as the Ice thing the titans can make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back