• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack on Titan revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we use the manga or anime for calcs?

Also if Reiner's armor scales to the explosions, would only the dura for his armor scale as well as the Ice thing the titans can make
Manga I think.

Also nah, Reiner should logically scale to anyone who can damage his armor provided he can match them blow-for-blow.

He was not directly above him in either situation.

He was several meters away having launched himself with his gear and then detonated

Also technically Reiner's feat of destroying the wall should scale to the colossus titans durability anyways seeing as the walls are literally made of hardened colossus titans

Is that so? I also remember the Titans having some 9-A wall-busting feats too, specifically Reiner.
The wall busting feat reiner has should actually be way higher, the wall he busted was made entirely out of hardened colossus titans

The Armored Titan shouldn't scale to the full capacity of the blast in either occasion.

First we see that Bertolt clearly hovering way above in the air when he transformed in the manga (Chapter 78), aswell. As for him tanking the explosion from Armin's colossal we don't know the latter's exact position, but is unlikely he would not have wasted time to looking for Reiner (Chapter 137)

The Armored Titan himself has been damaged by anti-titan shells (Chapter 92) which are 100 mm armor piercing shells, that is 9-A (Chapter 91), and also gets broken by the Beast throwing rubble at him at high speed (Chapter 117). Sure you could argue piercing damage but going as far as to injure a 7-C is unlikely.

As for the Colossal Titan scaling to his own explosion physically, that is a straight no, the Titan got his neck severed by the Legion's swords (Chapter 82), those are strong weapons but not that strong, they wear down and break when used against Pure Titans (Chapter 40), and can get blocked when clashing against non-anti-titan gear (Chapter 58).

Also, I feel like this is sort of derailing, the OP is trying add other stuff has not even considered mentioning those possible upgrades in their post. I'll still reply to them because I took a lot of time writing this.

The Armored Titan shouldn't scale to the full capacity of the blast in either occasion.

The Armored Titan himself has been damaged by anti-titan shells (Chapter 92) which are 100 mm armor piercing shells, that is 9-A (Chapter 91), and also gets broken by the Beast throwing rubble at him at high speed (Chapter 117). Sure you could argue piercing damage but going as far as to injure a 7-C is unlikely.
Seing as the Armored Titan was undamagd by cannons earlier in the series and the ammo they were using were excplicitly Anti-Titan shells its more likely that they were simply absurly stronger ammo rather than Reiner being weaker as even if you want to lowball Reiner he still has a handfull of 8-B and 8-A feats on top of his 7-C feats

As for the Colossal Titan scaling to his own explosion physically, that is a straight no, the Titan got his neck severed by the Legion's swords (Chapter 82), those are strong weapons but not that strong, they wear down and break when used against Pure Titans (Chapter 40), and can get blocked when clashing against non-anti-titan gear (Chapter 58).
We already discussed this, the swords are not durable, they can break against wood but are canonically sharp enough to cut tier 7s due to their material. Theyre glass cannon melee weapons.

Also each of the Colossus Titans were calced to be tier 7 just by walking

0092-039.png

We have feats for the shells

Since I've apparently been doing explosion calcs wrong for the past three years, face tanking an explosion is apparently accepted as scaling to the full yield so they scale to Reiner tanking Bertolt's transformation explosion twice and Eren face tanking the explosion that fragged rod reiss
Eren's case may be valid, but didn't Bertoldt specifically gain altitude so he wouldn't kill Reiner?

0092-039.png

We have feats for the shells
Technically thats not a feat for the shells themselves as thats just the beast titan throwing them but its more likely that its an instance of 'bullets ex machina', especially given the whole thing with Reiner not even being scratched by high-powered cannons

Not as far as im aware no, plus theres still the instance where Bertolt literally suicide bombed onto Reiner early in the series
I'll find the clip, scans as well if necessary tho the anime is pretty beholden to the manga
Plus that was a partly-formed Colossus Titan's mass plus a steam explosion meant to linger and be a smokescreen, not to outright cause damage. Iirc that was High 8-C and Reiner and Eren should scale to that, no idea why they don't since while Eren's Titan was knocked out, neither he nor Reiner died or were even that severely injured

I'll find the clip, scans as well if necessary tho the anime is pretty beholden to the manga
Plus that was a partly-formed Colossus Titan's mass plus a steam explosion meant to linger and be a smokescreen, not to outright cause damage. Iirc that was High 8-C and Reiner and Eren should scale to that, no idea why they don't since while Eren's Titan was knocked out, neither he nor Reiner died or we even that severely injured
Because i was told to use surfac area to lowr the calc's yield by the calc team but that was apparntly wrong

I'm willing to see all of those other calculated and accepted feats.

The swords themselves durable enough to clash against each other (Chapter 78), they would have 7-C durability aswell if we go by your narrative, yet they still break when used against pure titans and can be blocked with the anti-personel guns.

You also should stop comparing the cannons used by the paradis soldiers with the ones by other continents, the latter is done by much advanced nations in terms weaponry.

I'm willing to see all of those other calculated and accepted feats.

The swords themselves durable enough to clash against each other (Chapter 78), they would have 7-C durability aswell if we go by your narrative, yet they still break when used against pure titans and can be blocked with the anti-personel guns.
You dont quite understand what a glass cannon is do you? Or how swords in general work it seems. See, swords tend to have an edge that is much harder and more durable than the rest of the body, allowing for clashes against other swords as well as the cutting of different materials without threatning the overall structure of the weapon itself unless youre cutting something much more durable than the sword's body itself, in which case the sword will break. Thats how the swords in AoT work, theyre extremely hard, sharp, and lightweight but this makes them extremely brittle. When theyre clashed against someone of equal strngth they dot break because its equal force xerted upon both weapons but when they cut something like a Titan the titan is more durable than the wielder so the sword breaks easier. I hop this makes sense, it comes straight from the Science of Attack on Titan guidebook.

I dont think the difference is that much. The shells impact on the fortress certainly isn't town level. Reiner also got bodied by zeke, who's pitches are building level
The pitch would upscale to 7-C actually, also that calc is wrong as well

Basically every AP calc in th verse is wrong so dont assume that what is on the pages is viable as an argument

he does not scale to either blast that can get him to 7-c, and this is assuming bertolt has equal output to Armin. Armin has a singular 7-c blast. None of bertolt's blasts have ever been calced that high

"Not as far as im aware no, plus theres still the instance where Bertolt literally suicide bombed onto Reiner early in the series"

When he destroyed the first wall? Because he didn't iirc, the Colossal Titan can choose between releasing an explosion upon transformation or not, that is shown when they outed both Bertholt and Reiner (Chapter 42).

"Literally three chapters later Reiner is unaffected by the same shells from the same enemies"

As said, much older technology.

I can agree with 8-B Titans scaling from Eren surviving Bertoldt scoring a field goal with him (and Eren getting whiplashed on hitting the wall, no less), but Tier 7 Colossus Titans just from walking is sus, considering there's much larger characters (comprised of stone, no less), that barely breach Town level by jogging

I can agree with 8-B Titans scaling from Eren surviving Bertoldt scoring a field goal with him (and Eren getting whiplashed on hitting the wall, no less), but Tier 7 Colossus Titans just from walking is sus, considering there's much larger characters (comprised of stone, no less), that barely breach Town level by jogging
The colossus titans' footsteps cause stated magnitude earthquakes, its not via siz its via them actually generating that much energy with their steps

he does not scale to either blast that can get him to 7-c, and this is assuming bertolt has equal output to Armin. Armin has a singular 7-c blast. None of bertolt's blasts have ever been calced that high
1. Yes he does, Bertols was on top of him when he made that blast in the manga

2. He scals up from the Colossus Titans' AP and durability as they can be cut by the ultrahard steel swords but the armored titan cant

1. Yes he does, Bertols was on top of him when he made that blast in the manga

2. He scals up from the Colossus Titans' AP and durability as they can be cut by the ultrahard steel swords but the armored titan cant
for number 2, alot of its flesh was gone by then. That was the point for armin's sacrifice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back