• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asuna and Sinon's Goddess AP in Anime

I had thought that what the novels showed as their level of power was just flery text mostly because the world they are in did not seem big enough to have actual stars in it at least in the anime. But I have not read the novels so I don tknow how legit that is.

You're saying Underworld, which is AT LEAST the size of the Milky Way according to feats, statemates and showings, isn't big enough to have stars?

Ionliosite said:
You're saying Underworld, which is AT LEAST the size of the Milky Way according to feats, statemates and showings, isn't big enough to have stars?
I said I only watched the anime there is no indication in that, that it is milkyway in size, in the anime the best they have mentioned is the underworld and the human part and there is no indication that it is even planet sized. It would make no sense for their world to be this big if they only house thousands of AI, of course if it really is this big some evidence from the novel would be nice. because honestly all the feats they have right now sound flowery as hell.

Like I am looking at the calcs right now and this is what one person says on the blog: The translation itself is not good, the correct translation corrected it, but the 2 translations say the same, the stars were born from prayers and wish each of the players you can read it before the 3rd image but I will still paste the passage: https://defan752.wordpress.com/sword-art-online-volume-18-chapter-22/

┬½ Instinct told Alice that these stars were the power of the spirits of everyone living in this world. The people of the Human Empire. And the people of the Dark Territory. The humans. And the demihumans. Now, the world was united as one in prayer. "Kirito……!" Alice called the swordsman's name, raising her left hand high. My spirit too. I may only be a manmade knight, possessing only the trivial spirit of a scant life, but this feeling — this emotion flooding from my chest is unmistakably genuine. A brilliant golden star was released from her left hand, and then it flew directly towards Kirito's sword. ┬╗

Right now I can't make a complete picture because of school exams, But the passage already proves what I say

Apparently the stars are not even real stars so I really question why it is that we can allow even a possibly rating for kirito's 4-B feat expecially when it completely outscales everything else he does.

And the anime never shows the simulated world to be even planet sized.

Of course maybe this would change in the future, but it is all I am saying as an anime only viewer.

You're truly an anime only if you seriously think Underworld having many constalations within itself is flowery. And the 4-B feat doesn't really outclass his 4-A feat, or his supporting High 4-C+ feat.

Ionliosite said:
You're truly an anime only
Yes I said that..Also I did link the comment of someone who appears to have read the LN and thinks the same as me so its not just being anime only.

We literally have character who explicity travel interstellars distance, saying there being many stars is flowery contradicts the canon.

Also, we have this statement, which is where galaxy sized Underworld comes from:

I exhaled and surveyed the unthinkable scene before my eyes again. Stars of breathtaking density stretched in a band from top right to the bottom left of my vision. I suppose you could call it the Milky Way, but no matter how I lined up the potently glowing stars, I could not recognize a single familiar constellation from the real world. This was Underworld, all right.

Just gonna say that Kirito pulls resources from all available "resources" around him. The grass, the trees, the stars, and yes, even the "hopes and dreams of the Underworldian people".

Back