• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta( Black Clover) upgrades and some changes in profile.

In recent chapters we have some upgrades for Asta, like:

Complete imunity to alm kind of magic

http://www.mangasail.com/sites/default/files/manga/7/229620//14.png

True fly

http://www.mangasail.com/sites/default/files/manga/7/229620//15.png

http://www.mangasail.com/sites/default/files/manga/7/229620//16.png

Anti life Hax

http://www.mangasail.com/sites/default/files/manga/6/229620//19.png

Apart from that there was a great upgrade of speed and power that would need to be calculated and I'm very horrible in calculations

Busy at the moment, i will read the latest chapter in a bit and see what happened, sounds like a nice upgrade though.

"Complete imunity to alm kind of magic"

NLF

It doesn't matter, hyperbole and NLF.

I don't have to prove that, you have to prove that he has "complete immunity to all kind of magic". What about magic far stronger than any he's been exposed to? Magic of a kind that doesn't exist in his verse? Magic that works completely differently?

We're not going to take some vague, hyperbolic statement as complete fact.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude, but you sound like you've never read this series. Asta's ability is anti-magic that annuls / repels any kind of magic using swords, from mental attacks, fire, fog, dimensional openings, invisibility, illusions, necromancy, etc. The upgrade he had caused the anti-magic to come out of the swords and cover his body, so I do not see why we should be wary of the Queen's words. So I make my question again, can you show any prove who makes us believe that it was a hyperbole

Resistance to magic or power nullification would be more fitting than something as hyperbolic as 'complete immunity'.

Lorg-Galagan said:
I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude, but you sound like you've never read this series. Asta's ability is anti-magic that annuls / repels any kind of magic using swords, from mental attacks, fire, fog, dimensional openings, invisibility, illusions, necromancy, etc. The upgrade he had caused the anti-magic to come out of the swords and cover his body, so I do not see why we should be wary of the Queen's words.
Does he have resistance against the following? Existence erasure, time loop, soul steal, death inducement, power absorption, subatomic disintegration? Even if he did all these abilities and 50 more, he would still not get resistance against all kinds of magic, he's not a higher dimensional being

I think what they are trying to say Lord-Galagan is that he doesn't have complete immunity to magic, nobody in fiction except omnipotents are immune to everything. Powers have stronger variants, it can just be that a person say can't be affected by the reality warping of a universal being, it doesn't mean they are immune to reality warping, as higher dimension beings exist and to say they are immune would be an NLF, he doesn't have immunity cause he isn't immune to more powerful versions of said ability, if a multiversal character used magic on him would it not work? To say it wouldn't would be an NLF, a lot of broken stuff exists in fiction, nobody on here is rated as having immunity to anything, just resistance, power nullification can work in this case though.

I understand the point, We classify the characters here as if it were a giant verse for what I understood, to be viable in the topic of battles. So one character with imunity to magic in one verse can be not in other. I think I understand.

@Celestial About the new speed feats on verse, it can be calculeted by some member?

You can request for it to be calc here, but black clover characters are already relativistic for dodging natural light so don't know if this feat is impressive, though i still have yet to read the chapter.

The feat alone is not very impressive, but when we take into account that Asta even being Relativist and with precognition could not react to the attack of Ladross and after the upgrade he blitz Ladross can give us a new speed for the verse.

Here's how I weigh in on it:

1) This is just an extension of his existing Anti-Magic, thus Power Nullification. Resistance would be tanking it head-on like Saber through her explicit Magic Resistance skill.

2) He's explicitly stated to home in on magic specifically, so it would have to fall under Limited Flight.

3) Kinda addable, since it's just the natural magical energy draining powers of Asta's swords.

@Lord-Galagan

We can't just make arbitrary statements like that. It needs to be calced, but despite numerous inquiries no one seems to be interested in calculating this for us.

@Celestial

I consider it a "feel-good" manga. The story isn't particularly profound, but it's a nice way to pass the time. The art is great and the characters are just likable enough to stick around while waiting on other things to do. There are titles that are exponentially worse than Black Clover.

It has not been evaluated and thus I cannot provide an opinion on it. I'm not a math person, and it's best to ask a calc team member for input.

@Reppuzan agreed cliche=/= being bad, as for that calc Lorg-Galagan you should ask for it to be evaluated if that has already being done and still no response, politely message a couple calc members to look at the calc.

Back