• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Assistance needed in compiling Thor feats

LordXcano

VS Battles
Retired
If you haven't noticed, recently I've started reading through Thor's appearances. If I am able to keep the current rate of 10 issues a day I should be able to read all of Thor's catalogue in 255 days. While this is somewhat manageable, it is extremely optimistic that I'll be able to keep this up.

However, if I could get just one volunteer for each of the remaining 5 decades in Thor's history we will have this complete in little over a month (42 days). In fact, this may even be less, as Endless Mike has already covered the first 250 issues of the Avengers.

All that is needed is that one compile every feat in 10 issues at a time before making a blog listing them. Preferably in a format like this. Please keep in mind you do not have to pay much attention to minor feats. Things like "making a whirlwind by spinning his hammer" or "smashing through a wall" start to get redundant after the first 20 times he does it. In fact I'm going to start ignoring those.

In addition, if you get an issue where Thor appears as a non-speaking cameo or just generally does nothing at all, you can skip it. You are also allowed to skip any of the Avengers 1 to 250, but you can check for feats EM missed if you want.

You will not have deadlines if you decide to do this. 10 issues/1 blog a day would be preferred, but it's understandable if you need a break.

Completed Blogs

This might be well known, but he shattered Celestial armor, Managed to knock down a flying Silver Surfer when mad(?), went to the sun in seconds, and two times did a small amount of damage to Galactus. IDK where the scans are though :/

I can probably get a hold of A LOT of Thor feat scans since I know a guy who absolutely worships Thor. Would that help?

@Matt So which run are you taking?

@Quicksilver Great, I wasn't sure that'd be possible with how new the issues are.

@Real Cal How big of a challenge are you willing to take? Optimally I'd want you to do all the appearances in the 70s, but that's a little over 400 issues. You sure you can do that? If not maybe you could do all the mini-series comics, since that's just a bit over 80 issues.

I have a lot of free time lately and have been reading a lot of misc comics to pass it, so I can help out. Just point me to a series and I'll start tomorrow.

I'm not sure I can do it now. I have my own project for Marvel: Namely, reading all appearances of Abstracts, starting with Eternity.

Darkanine said:
I have a lot of free time lately and have been reading a lot of misc comics to pass it, so I can help out. Just point me to a series and I'll start tomorrow.
Since cal is doing 86 mini-series things, maybe you could do all 85 of Thor Vol. 2?

@Matt That's alright.

Oh, and guys, when you make the blog link it here so we have them all in an easily accessible place. In fact I'll link the 2 blogs I've done right now.

I think that the OBD/Narutoforums did this for the Avengers and Fantastic Four. It may be an idea to check if they have handled Thor as well.

EndlessMike has only done Fantastic Four and is doing The Avengers. This is where his understanding that the Fantastic Four's strongest members are Continent Level and that Captain America is City-Block level came from. I believe.

Okay. City-Block level Captain America seems outlier-ish though.

Yeah Endless Mike has a very good number of Marvel calcs. Though as Matt pointed out, he's only done of that of Avengers and F4.

Antvasima said:
Okay. City-Block level Captain America seems outlier-ish though.
While it's true that Cap won't be able to bust a City-Block

But it just means that his striking strength is capable of at least hurting beings that are on that level (City-Block)

When making the albums you should probably try uploading them 1 by 1 or seeing if you can reorganize them, some appear out of order.

Thank you for your assistance though.

Back