• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@SVW

"and your wrong, absolute zero is when it's so cold that particles stop moving, which means that bonds would be held in place instead of being broken apart because there would be zero movement"

You may want to fact check here. What keeps objects together? Molecular bonds; electrons, more specifically. If those electrons cease all movement, the atoms will lose cohesiveness and the molecules will break apart, reducing the target of absolute zero to dust under their own mass and gravity.

Assaltwaffle said:
@SVW
"and your wrong, absolute zero is when it's so cold that particles stop moving, which means that bonds would be held in place instead of being broken apart because there would be zero movement"

You may want to fact check here. What keeps objects together? Molecular bonds; electrons, more specifically. If those electrons cease all movement, the atoms will lose cohesiveness and the molecules will break apart, reducing the target of absolute zero to dust under their own mass and gravity.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18541-what-happens-at-absolute-zero/

"In experiments closer to room temperature, chemical reactions tend to slow down as the temperature decreases. But scientists found that molecules at frigid temperatures just a few hundred billionths of a degree above absolute zero (ÔêÆ273.15┬░C or 0 kelvin) can still exchange atoms, forging new chemical bonds in the process, thanks to weird quantum effects that extend their reach at low temperatures."

And if you don't agree with that, what will Articuno do if Doflamingo hides and replaces himself with Black Knight like he did with Kyros and Law.

That isn't absolute zero. It is extremely close, but it isn't absolute zero. True absolute zero is different from any other cold, as any other cold does allow for molecular movement.

Assaltwaffle said:
That isn't absolute zero. It is extremely close, but it isn't absolute zero. True absolute zero is different from any other cold, as any other cold does allow for molecular movement.

Come on, it's close enough, if you really want to make that statement, go that to the scientists, my main point is about Black Knight and Awakening. Your evidence still doesn't prove how AZ will just simply "vaporize" anything that comes near it. If that's the case, you wouldn't even see ice, it would just be one-sided annihilation

And also, there isn't ever a situation where a particle is experiencing a certain condition and then suddenly swaps to the opposite right when it reaches a certain point.

But it isn't close enough. NOTHING is close enough. Because absolute zero is impossible to achieve outside of fiction we only have theories of what will happen, but the prevailing theory is that all motion completely stops.

Assaltwaffle said:
But it isn't close enough. NOTHING is close enough. Because absolute zero is impossible to achieve outside of fiction we only have theories of what will happen, but the prevailing theory is that all motion completely stops.
Hey now, read my comments will you

"my main point is about Black Knight and Awakening. Your evidence still doesn't prove how AZ will just simply "vaporize" anything that comes near it. If that's the case, you wouldn't even see ice, it would just be one-sided annihilation

And also, there isn't ever a situation where a particle is experiencing a certain condition and then suddenly swaps to the opposite right when it reaches a certain point. "

@SVW

You edited your comment.

Also yes, my proof does prove how AZ destroys any matter. Read our Absolute Zero and Absolute Zero Feats in Fictio pages if you want to read more on it. If you think that's incorrect, make a CRT for AZ. Atm AZ is an instakill that destroys all matter.

How does Black Knight or Awakening solve the problem of AZ?

Assaltwaffle said:
@SVW
You edited your comment.

Also yes, my proof does prove how AZ destroys any matter. Read our Absolute Zero and Absolute Zero Feats in Fictio pages if you want to read more on it. If you think that's incorrect, make a CRT for AZ. Atm AZ is an instakill that destroys all matter.

How does Black Knight or Awakening solve the problem of AZ?
Multiple identical copies of Doflamingo that can fight in place for him, even if AZ hits, it would just be destroying a string doll.

And also, you also haven't shown any proof that Doflamingo can't dodge it. Doflamingo's devil fruit abilities are all long range, and Doflamingo himself can't be considered any slower than Articuno, especially when he can fly as fast as Luffy's culveri with his pseudo-flight. And also, Doflamingo can coat his strings with haki, and in addition to that; use Conquerers Haki, which have been shown to be able to destroy missles and "blow" its blast away.

AZ in Pokemon can be many things. One of which is an area of effect burst. As in something that counters dodging. Also AoE counters the dolls, as it will freeze them alongside the real one; no need for aiming.

Assaltwaffle said:
AZ in Pokemon can be many things. One of which is an area of effect burst. As in something that counters dodging. Also AoE counters the dolls, as it will freeze them alongside the real one; no need for aiming.

I'm pretty sure Doflamingo isn't stupid and that he won't just try to do something like tip his head a little to dodge it. It's not like it has infinite range. Doflamingo can just keep his distance, and if that sounds a bit ridiculous, Doflamingo isn't slow either, One Piece characters don't fight like Dragon Ball. If you don't give an exact speed calc for this attack then I can simply assume it's like Aokiji's ice speed.

also, you also forgot that Parasite string can just bind Articuno's wings, and if you're going to argue that Articuno can dodge it. I don't think someone can dodge when it would be literally raining Parasite String, especially with Birdcage where Doflamingo can attack from any location. Articuno doesn't instantly use AZ, wheareas Doflamingo would most likely instantly use Parasite just like Aizen would use KS. This thread doesn't say any "bloodlusted" either.

Quick question, is the name of the attack just absolute Zero and that's why it's assumed to be Absolute Zero or does it actually act like Absolute Zero?

It is Sheer Cold. Sheer Cold's Japanese name is Absolute Zero and is described in-game as attacking with "absolute zero cold."

I can name a lot cases like that, I'm not asking about the name I'm asking if it's actual AZ or not because from the details of Sheer Cold it really doesn't seem like true AZ.

Well Sheer Cold is an instakill.

If you want to make a CRT go ahead; I'm not sure if it is enough info or not to call.

>Insta kill move.

>Named AZ.

>Described as AZ.

What more do you need, an animation showing atoms stopping?

Actually something along those lines would work since the animation contradicts the name of the move itself. It seems vague and not true AZ but I don't care much about Pokemon ( Digimon >>> Pokemon, don't ******* @ me.) So I'll take it with a grain of salt and assume it's legit.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Yeah tbh, if Sheer Cold can be survived and a lot, that pretty much means all pokemon can survive Sheer Cold or resist it. Which is doubtful.
Game. Mechanics.

I'm referring to anime too though. Or at least... has any pokemon survived it there?

Edit x 2 - Yeah, pokemon faint when hit by it. They don't die.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
I'm referring to anime too though. Or at least... has any pokemon survived it there?

Edit x 2 - Yeah, pokemon faint when hit by it. They don't die.
No Pokemon die in the anime unless its a plot point. The Team Rocket not dying in every episode already makes "dying" kind of a moot point. Its a children's show.

I mean it's not like we can just ignore it either for the sake of saying Sheer Cold is Absolute Zero when it never mimics the properties aside from freezing effects. It's detailed like that but when has it truly feat wise ever imitated Absolute Zero? Isn't it more consistent?

And sure it's a kid's show, but that doesn't mean we can kick it away. It's not even the lowest common denominator. And also for a kid's show, Ash has 'died' before. Well, movie wise, and it didn't last long.

It is absolute zero. Please drop it. Make a CRT, Im not derailing this anymore.

I feel like it's not really derailing considering it's discussing the issue in a vs debate and thus could change how the debate goes...

But okay...

If you think its not AZ simply make a CRT to have it removed. We are going by profiled, y'know.

Now you guys are derailing. Just make a CRT or leave it be. Otherwise you are making this more stressful than it needs to be.

I would just like to say Art absolute Zero's Doff to death also known as FRA.

Also I believe that's 4 for Articuno

I like this match.

Back