• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Latias has trouble hurting him due to Doffy's small country+ durability. So Latias best bet is to just spam long ranged attacks like Dragon Pulse and Ice beam since Doffy Can't fly. I'm giving this to Latias due to the fact Latias just goes into the air and spams Long range attacks. I doubt Doffy's psuedo flight is helping him much here.

Latias has range and mobility. She should absolutely be able to outmaneuver her opponent, even if he is physically stronger.

Doffy's pseudo flight would certainly help him out here, I doubt Latias would know that Doffy is using his strings to attach to the clouds so he can fly. ( His strings are so thin it's nearly impossible to see them without precog or enhanced eye sight.)

Also why is Latias low 6-B whenever the calc listed in his profile only 329 megatons? That's not Small Country level.

Moltres himself doesn't have any small country level feats either. That calc in his profile is 1.38 Gigatons, not sure if that's exactly supporting the Low 6-B rating, and from what I'm gathering he scales to Moltres who in turn scales to Lugia to an extent who has an 11 teratons feat. It took 3 Legendary Birds to beat him correct? So none of them scale to the full 11 teratons, where would that place them and Latias then? Should be around 3 Teratons correct?

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Doffy's pseudo flight would certainly help him out here, I doubt Latias would know that Doffy is using his strings to attach to the clouds so he can fly. ( His strings are so thin it's nearly impossible to see them without precog or enhanced eye sight.)

Also why is Latias low 6-B whenever the calc listed in his profile only 329 megatons? That's not Small Country level.

Psuedo flight won't help him as Latias can literally just fly higher. Latias is also much more mobile in the sky and has a variety of moves to boost his speed in the sky. Latias takes this easy. Doffy's best bet is to try and keep the fight to the ground and that will never happen.

Hmm that's what I was assuming. Well Latias has higher AP ( albeit barely.) Meanwhile Doffy has a pretty decent edge in durability ( IIRC his durability scales to around 5 Teratons.) So yeah I'm gonna have to vote for Doffy via Kenbunshoku Haki, Busoshoku Haki giving him resistance to elemental attacks, higher Durability, MUCH higher stamina, higher intelligence and the fact that Latias is subject to Doffy's control via Parasite.

@Sce you do know you can't increase your speed in speed equalized matches unless it's time based correct?

Would he even be able to hit Latias with parasite string? Seems likely only has a couple kilometer range on it.

Hmm that's what I was assuming. Well Latias has higher AP ( albeit barely.) Meanwhile Doffy has a pretty decent edge in durability ( IIRC his durability scales to around 5 Teratons.) So yeah I'm gonna have to vote for Doffy via Kenbunshoku Haki, Busoshoku Haki giving him resistance to elemental attacks, higher Durability, MUCH higher stamina, higher intelligence and the fact that Latias is subject to Doffy's control via Parasite.

Can you elaborate on Kenbunshoku Haki? Other then that, I can see your reasoning. Agree to disagree I suppose. But I don't think Doffy is hitting Latias do to the fact Latias should definitely be able to outmanuever him via stuff like Double Team. She may be able to cope with control via calm mind. She also may be able to shift over the control, or at least get it off her via Psycho Shift. Safeguard could also potentially prevent control. It can also use Tailwind to boost it's speed and if it didn't outmanuever Doffy before, it certainly does now. Overall, I just think Doffy will never get a chance to hit Latias and eventually Latias will take him down.

Well what do you mean elaborate on Kenbunshoku? If you wanna know about it then read the profile. But I can explain if you'd prefer. Doffy has Kenbunshoku Haki as you already know, granting him moderate levels of Precog allowing him to see promotions of the future / the opponents attacks, not only can he see them but he can also hear them. Kenbunshoku also gives Doffy access to Emotion sensing, power sensing, enhanced eyesight, a 360 degree view of the battle field and presence detection.

SBA puts them both at 4 KM away and Parasite is something Doffy starts with in character.
I meant Latias can just run away. Or even just stop it with her psychic barriers.

As far as I'm aware Latias wouldn't even be able to see them in time seeing as how thin said strings are. And dodging Parasite let alone normal attacks from Doffy would be extremely difficult for he. If you want a better explanation of Parasite you can ask Cin since he knows Doffy's abilities more than anyone here.

Well what do you mean elaborate on Kenbunshoku? If you wanna know about it then read the profile. But I can explain if you'd prefer. Doffy has Kenbunshoku Haki as you already know, granting him moderate levels of Precog allowing him to see promotions of the future / the opponents attacks, not only can he see them but he can also hear them. Kenbunshoku also gives Doffy access to Emotion sensing, power sensing, enhanced eyesight, a 360 degree view of the battle field and presence detection.
Edited my comment. But I doubt moderate precog will help against Latias seeing as Latias is going to be the one being defensive. Once Latias gets high enough it can Calm mind+Draco Meteor Spam which will definitely be enough to take Doffy down after a while.

I read your edited comment and it doesn't change much if I'm being honest. Saying moderate precog isn't going to help sounds a lot like downplay, and i doubt she'd break free from Parasite since whenever it connects Doffy would be in complete control of her. I already explained how her boosting her speed isn't going to work here, and Doffy himself is extremely agile in the air, ill give you that Latias has the edge there but you're really pushing it. And no, nothing Latias can do can overwhelm Doffy considering she can barely even hurt him and how he holds an immense stamina advantage which would allow him to outlast her in the long wrong. This is the same man who can survive getting the majority of his organs destroyed, shocked right afterwards, and then stomped by a Busoshoku and fire imbued stomp from Luffy directly in the same place where his organs where destroyed and got up and proceed to stomp Luffy and Law like nothing. Same person who can fight the War of The Best without any signs of damage or fatigue. Not to mention there's absolutely nothing stopping Doffy from simply dodging her attacks.

Yeah but Doffy will never touch Latias. Latias can also use Recover to make up for Stamina. It's just a matter of time until Doffy dies.

Again, she can't bypass his durability. And he can certainly touch her, stop with the downplay. He can tank anything she throws at him, has his own version of regen and even with Recover she's still outclassed In terms of stamina by a large margin. It's only a matter of time before Latias dies.

Again, she can't bypass his durability. And he can certainly touch her, stop with the downplay. He can tank anything she throws at him, has his own version of regen and even with Recover she's still outclassed In terms of stamina by a large margin. It's only a matter of time before Latias dies.
Yeah but Doffy will never touch him. Also, Doffy is only small country+ to Small Country AP. Stop acting like Latias is doing 0 damage.

If Doffy tanks 5 Teratons 3.667 Teratons is still going to hurt. It won't be equal with his durability but he will absolutely take damage.

The thing is that Doffy can actually tank the majority of her attacks due to the durability gap, has durability negation via Parasite and has a massive stamina advantage. And again Doffy can, and will land blows on her. The logic your using is a no limits fallacy. It's essentially the equivalent of me saying Doffy can dodge anything she throws at him. It just doesn't work like that.

Her attacks will hurt him to an extent but it'll be nothing serious. It's pretty simple to understand.

@Knight

It isn't really NLF. Latias is incredibly mobile in the air. She can corner nearly instantly without losing speed to dodge. And you could argue that, due to the range between the two, Doffy could dodge everything. But that would just end inconclusive.

Doflamingo can just throw up a bird-cage if flying becomes an issue, which there wouldn't be if there are any clouds in the sky anyways. He puts that up, he limits the battlefield to the size of the cage.

Latias doesn't have any notable hax, whereas Doflamingo does. Raining Parasito GG. Have fun dodging nigh-invisible rain drops, where a single one instantly gives your motor functions over to Doflamingo.

Also, as brought up, Doflamingo's dura is too high for Latias to dish out any decent damage with singular attacks. It doesn't help that Doflamingo can also fight with his organs in literal pieces and tank entire combination attacks until he eventually passes out. Also, please keep in mind that the stats for One Piece characters do NOT factor in Haki unless they are essential for specific attacks, or part of a feat (Gear 4th Luffy).

So, with that said: Doflamingo via Parasito, Durability, Pre-cog/Sensory abilities, in-character decapitation/limb removal, Bird-Cage, Resistance to Cold, Environmental Transmutation via Awakening, and Duplication. This is a stomp in favor of Doflamingo, and I honestly don't see Latias making up for most of these disadvantages.

ALL Latias has over Doflamingo that really matters is range and AP, both of which are circumvented by 1) Bird-Cage if Latias gets caught up in it at ANY point in the fight, and 2) Superior Durability. Latias isn't taking Doflamingo down for a LONG time.

Yikes. Bird-Cage does seem pretty potent. As much as I love Latias and am utterly neutral to Donflamingo, that move right there should give him the win. Vote changed to Doffy.

Also I thought he was a protagonist until I read his abilities. This guy seems pretty ruthless in-character.

I still say Doflamingo wins. He has displayed resistance to cold by showing no debilitating effects while being at Punk Hazard, and being completely frozen over by Aokiji's ice at the time with no sign of being affected (same guy can 100% freeze Jozu's body, leaving him in a state where merely touching the ground shattered his right arm), not to mention that Busoshoku Haki acts as an extra buffer against enemy attacks even at its most basic level of use. Still, Absolute Zero is going to be a problem.

But just like Latias, Articuno has nothing to prevent Parasito from being a serious problem, especially if Doflamingo makes it rain those threads out of nowhere. Earth Manipulation is literally useless against Awakening as well (Doffy would just turn the rocks into threads once they get within close proximity of him, for example). Articuno's weakness to Fire will factor in due to Doflamingo's use of Overheat, but that's almost negligable. Doflamingo wont be affected by Frostbite seeing as how almost none of his attacks involve him going CQC against an opponent with the exception of Athlito and Goshikito.

This isn't a stomp now (Thanks to Mind-Reader and AZ), but Doflamingo at worst mid-diffs.

Uh... you realize AZ is an outright instakill, right? Ice resistance or not, then your molecules stop moving, you're gone.

Does Articuno use AZ immediately while in character? Doflamingo tends to spam Parasito in literally any situation. He also goes in for decapitation.

You're acting as if Doflamingo is just going to stand there tanking attacks. It's not like Doflamingo can't dodge, he dodged Luffy's Jet Bazooka while barely even paying attention. And plus, you guys are forgetting about Black Knight and his awakened moves. Parasite is just Doflamingo's "early game" move, it's not like all Doflamingo can do is spam Parasite String.

And regarding Black Knight, Doflamingo can just clone himself and use the Black Knight as a shield. It only takes like 3 seconds for him to make one and it's pretty much a super durable Shadow Clone that he can make an infinite amount of. The only exception is that he can only control one at a time and that the Black Knight can not use haki nor use any attacks other than Penta-Chromatic Strings and Parasite.

And if Black Knight is not enough, Doflamingo can do the same with his Awakened abilities which can literally turn everything around him to strings which he can manipulate as huge masses. Absolute Zero doesn't instantly freeze someone, it's a blast. If Doflamingo can manipulate around 20 different masses of string at once and move them at rather fast speeds, I don't see how he can't just block the blast itself, especially when Articuno can't spam it while Doflamingo can. And regarding all of Doflamingo's "White" attacks, it doesn't need to charge at all, he can literally wave his arm around and create 5 masses of string charging directly at Articuno.

And also, you forgot that Doflamingo can shrink the size of the birdcage until whatever inside gets shredded, so it's either Articuno somehow defeats Doflamingo or Articuno gets crushed by the birdcage. And if Doflamingo can supposedly counter Articuno's trump card move, which has supposedly been reduced to being Articuno's "only hope" of defeating Doflamingo. Then I can only see Doflamingo winning this one

@SVW

"Absolute Zero doesn't instantly freeze someone, it's a blast."

Well, you're completely wrong in this. Articuno's Sheer Cold is causes by flapping its wings, and the absolutely zero cold spreads forward in an omnidirectional wave. And AZ doesn't just freeze something, it stops all molecular movement. If you're hit by it, you turn to dust with no energy to hold our own molecules together. Strings will not block it, as they will just get disintegrated and the attack will not be hindered whatsoever.

Assaltwaffle said:
@SVW
"Absolute Zero doesn't instantly freeze someone, it's a blast."

Well, you're completely wrong in this. Articuno's Sheer Cold is causes by flapping its wings, and the absolutely zero cold spreads forward in an omnidirectional wave. And AZ doesn't just freeze something, it stops all molecular movement. If you're hit by it, you turn to dust with no energy to hold our own molecules together. Strings will not block it, as they will just get disintegrated and the attack will not be hindered whatsoever.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sheer_Cold_(move) and plus, there is no proof that the attack will "desintegrate" the strings, when something reaches absolute zero is doesn't just "disappear", if that were the case, things would vaporize the colder the temperature which is obviously not true. And also, you still haven't considered the Black Knight and Awakening parts

I'm aware of what the move does. And yes, it will completely destroy the strings. Any matter, really. That's what absolutely zero does. When not even molecular bonds can be held, anything hit by it is destroyed.

Assaltwaffle said:
I'm aware of what the move does. And yes, it will completely destroy the strings. Any matter, really. That's what absolutely zero does. When not even molecular bonds can be held, anything hit by it is destroyed.

And what about Black Knight and Awakening.

and your wrong, absolute zero is when it's so cold that particles stop moving, which means that bonds would be held in place instead of being broken apart because there would be zero movement

and plus, I don't know if it was the Black Knight or not, but Doflamingo survived getting his neck cut and his head cut off so I don't suppose getting a hole blasted through his body is gonna make him kick the bucket. And ideally, Doflamingo's abilitiy is capable of making prosthetic limbs.

Back