• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Articles clean-up reports (New forum)

I don't see any ability listed twice.

Maybe you have mistaken higher dimensional manipulation with higher dimensional existence.

The only powers listed than once are those that are both used and resisted, but that's normal.

That would result in a change in tier, that feels like something more suited to a CRT.
A content revision thread seems best for that sort of thing, yes.

Btw: Is FanofRPG's rebuttal blog linked to in the Superman (Post-Crisis) page?

Rename to Falcon (Marvel Comics), he is not Captain America anymore, and Falcon is his far more iconic identity.

Rename to Falcon (Marvel Comics), he is not Captain America anymore, and Falcon is his far more iconic identity.
Moved the page and fixed the link for the tabber in both the comic and movie Falcons. I will assume that you will be able to handle any other aesthetic changes that need to be made to the profile if there is a need for it, yes?

Eh, I just figured that Falcon should have his stuff rearranged, since he's primarily the Falcon again instead of Captain America.

Profile pics like that were agreed to be allowed in this thread.

I'm not a big fan of it myself, but that's where the consensus lies.

Profile pics like that were agreed to be allowed in this thread.

I'm not a big fan of it myself, but that's where the consensus lies.
A thing is a fanart, another is an image completely unrelated to the character. We don't give random metaphysical pics to formless Supreme Gods, and her case seems an exception created from bias.

That thread was about all of those sorts of things, actually. People were explicitly okay with giving random metaphysical pics to formless supreme gods.

That thread was about all of those sorts of things, actually. People were explicitly okay with giving random metaphysical pics to formless supreme gods.
Many wrongs don't make a right. That wasn't applied to any of them, so she shouldn't too.

This isn't about wrongs making a right. This is about what the staff consensus on this issue is.

If you want to make your case against it, you can go into that thread and try to flip their opinion.

I'm not saying "a bunch of profiles do this wrong thing so it should be allowed here," I'm saying "I asked the entire site whether we allow stuff like that, and they said it should be allowed."

We can't overturn something like that on your whim.

Also why did you have to lie like this. No one said about using random pics if they don't have one lmfao. Lying in being so protective over a profile, for real?

One of the examples that people were okay with, was this profile, which uses a painting of a character the character is associated with/based off of, but has nothing to do with how the character actually looks. Even though official art of the character exists.

One of the examples that people were okay with, was using pictures/drawings loosely associated with supreme beings.

Like I said, I'd rather this stuff be removed, but the site as a whole seems to disagree.

One of the examples that people were okay with, was this profile, which uses a painting of a character the character is associated with/based off of, but has nothing to do with how the character actually looks. Even though official art of the character exists.
Stop taking out of context quotes. Ultima kinda said that they're exception

Unsong characters are special cases, I feel, since they are very closely associated with the characters depicted in the paintings used for their profiles, to the point that this influences their role in the story, and is acknowledged in-universe, too (With Uriel saying that William Blake "didn't like him very much" as a reference to his depiction in the latter's poems, Urizen, being a negatively-portrayed demiurge figure, or "Ana Thurmond" being a pun on "Enitharmon"). In the absence of any good profile pictures representing them, I'd say this is a good choice.

I am mostly neutral, but think that important pages without images come across as empty and unfinished.

You make some good points. I suppose that images should at least have a strong official relation to a character to be allowed to be used.

However, you need to convince other staff and former staff members as well.

I have to agree, adding pictures of questionable relativity to a profile makes them look even more unprofessional as it makes us look as that we're adding them for no real reason but to fill an space that isn't even obligatory. It wouldn't be an issue if we already knew how they look like and thus some fanart based on that could be used, but using a random stock picture to represent a character we don't even know if it's human-like (or even having a visible form) or not? It just adds unecessary at best headcanon to the pages.

I very much agree with Strym and Bob on this issue.

I hope this doesn't seem out of line, but I have removed the image from the profile.

Why did you remove it?

There was already a CRT about this specific issue and was decided that it was fine for it to be used. Not to mention it's not the only profile that uses pictures like that. This is a site wide issue, not a profile specific issue.

If you don't like it make a CRT and change the standards.

Yes, the exact same CRT that was referenced by both Agnaa and Strym, in which both Strym and Bob stated clearly that this profile's image does not adhere with the rulings made in said CRT. It is a random image of a metaphysical type person that has no connection with the Goddess' profile. Honestly, it is simply less controversial to just not have a picture for the profile rather than have a picture that does not represent the true nature of the character in question.

Yes, the exact same CRT that was referenced by both Agnaa and Strym, in which both Strym and Bob stated clearly that this profile's image does not adhere with the rulings made in said CRT. It is a random image of a metaphysical type person that has no connection with the Goddess' profile. Honestly, it is simply less controversial to just not have a picture for the profile rather than have a picture that does not represent the true nature of the character in question.
As I said. Make a CRT if you disagree.

Back