• The VS Battles wiki celebrates its 10 year anniversary!

Please click here for further information.
  • An important notice regarding the shutdown of our old forum, the wiki's conversion to the UCP system, and other issues.

Please click here for further information.

Articles clean-up reports (New forum)

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any poorly constructed articles on this thread, along with a link to the page in question.

This includes locked profiles with serious grammar/spelling/sentence structure errors and typos, but you are supposed to fix such problems within unlocked pages on your own.

Keep in mind that response from the staff might not be immediate. However, response will come eventually, and your reporting will be highly appreciated.

Note:

Only report links to pages of sub-standard quality, not ones which you feel are unnecessary, or that are stubs. Handle these types of articles via the "Profile Deletion Requests" threads instead.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Well, I remember seeing an old YouTube video with Stan Lee in which he criticised the "comic book" spelling, as it sounds like a comedic actual book, instead of something distinctive.

If "comic book" is the correct spelling, I suppose that we will have to go with it, despite that it sounds stupid though.

Well, I remember seeing an old YouTube video with Stan Lee in which he criticised the "comic book" spelling, as it sounds like a comedic actual book, instead of something distinctive.

If "comic book" is the correct spelling, I suppose that we will have to go with it, despite that it sounds stupid though.
It's the correct spelling because that's what comic books were originally, book collections of funny strips. Then they were allowed to include more genres in their stories and not just humorous ones. I personally just say 'comic' most of the time, so we could simplify it to that.

And honestly, with how much Lee has said over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if he might've meant that jokingly. 'Comicbook' as one word just sounds weird, and will immediately trigger mental alarms from people seeing two words fused into one.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Well, I have asked AKM sama to replace our Comicbooks category with Comic Books instead.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Thank you Elizhaa.

I handled the double redirect that were possible for the page to handle.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Given that the character only appeared in a brief crossover and is identical to the Injustice version of Superman except for the power level, I personally do not think that the page seems distinctive and notable enough to remain according to our Canon and Crossovers rules.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I think that it can remain open until October 26, just in case something important should happen.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Is somebody willing to clean up the following pages, or should we delete them instead?

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
If haven't checked all of them, but I remember that some of them have been of poor quality and/or contained lots of incoherently structured ramblings.

I had to revert quite a lot of such additions yesterday, for example.

If haven't checked all of them, but I remember that some of them have been of poor quality and/or contained lots of incoherently structured ramblings.

I had to revert quite a lot of such additions yesterday, for example.
On that case I'll try to fix it somehow.

which profiles need revisions?

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Apex:

It looks better than previously, but I think that the 8-B statistic seems very illogical. He scales from resisting the flames of a physically guessed as High 8-C character, with unknown energy in his fire projection.

Apex:

It looks better than previously, but I think that the 8-B statistic seems very illogical. He scales from resisting the flames of a physically guessed as High 8-C character, with unknown energy in his fire projection.
Done

ANything else that needs to be fixed?

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
It is an improvement, but we still do not know if the monster that he scales from has as much energy in its fire breath as in its physical strikes, and also do not have any calculation for its physical power in the first place.

It is an improvement, but we still do not know if the monster that he scales from has as much energy in its fire breath as in its physical strikes, and also do not have any calculation for its physical power in the first place.
I already asked someone to calc the feat.

So we have to wait for it

Many of the Disney characters are from other properties, since Disney just adapted them, so they should all have (Disney) at the end of their page titles.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Apex:

Okay. Thanks.

@Carioca:

Agreed. However, somebody would have to be willing to update all of the pages that link to them after the renaming has taken place.

Are there any staff volunteers who are willing to handle this?

The profile is locked and there's an error in his weaknesses section:

"When using medallion, its user need to be suficiente powerful to wield it"

A spanish word. Should be changed to "powerful enough"

Also, a misspelling in the attack/techniques section, Soul Distribution, in the third paragraph:

"Yhwach ultimatly re fined the process of sharing his spirit with others"

Should be obviously changed to "ultimately refined"

Thanks Ant, my english is not perfect, so I didn't consider that it could also be "sufficiently poweful"

But the other text still says "ultimatly", is that actually well spelled in the context being used?

Last edited:

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I am uncertain if Post-Crisis or Post-Flashpoint is correct. Can others investigate further please?

On the Calculations page, the "Destruction/Creation of Planets and Planetoids" section reads:
"For feats that involve the Destruction or the creation of planets or planetoids, we use a term called Gravitational Binding Energy, more information about the subject on the GBE [[[Gravitational Binding Energy|page]]."
The source code for the GBE part should probably be fixed.