• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If Artemis has his magic, mesmer gg. If not, he loses the chess match and gets a bullet to the head.

He could win the chess match with his intimidation throwing Lelouch off. But he still gets shot afterward or during.

Honestly, Artemis has much more showings of great intellect then Lelouch. In all likelyhood he would win the chess match due to having better intelligence feats. He has better prep feats also having to con a face with technology far more advanced then Lelouch has every faced. However Artemis doesn't have any chess feats and Lelouch has plenty although they were against Average or Above Average intelligence. Lelouch could use geass however if Artemis has his anti mesmer goggles he could resist it. In all likelihood he wouldn't expect Lelouch to have mind manipulation but he could use his omnisensor to analyse Lelouch and find his geass in which he would where the goggles. Lelouch most likely won't use geass in a chess match in character. If it escalates to a fight I'd expect Lelouch to win. Artemis isn't a fighter he leaves it to Butler.

Not exactly to Artemis not being a fighter. His butler does prefer to handle things, but IIRC Artemis absolutely could use weaponry and such. He was far less skilled, but still.

If Artemis has magic though, he does just sorta magic and GG.

So for now I'm voting Artemis via just being smarter and his magic hax, unless OP gets changed.

Artemis is no stranger to eye based mind control.

That being said, I find it unlikely he's going to be wearing his goggles for what starts as a simple chess game, so idk

Well then

Uh

Who do we think is more trigger happy with their mind control?

I think Lelouch honestly.

Because Artemis probably starts winning the chess game, Lelouch realises, and geasses Artemis into losing.

Did Lelouch ever use Geass in a chess match? I think he plays fairly. I remember he did against his brother. If Arty has magic he can literally do the same thing as Lelouch and more.

He hasn't, but he wasn't going to waste his one and only geass on his brother just to win a chess match, and other than that I don't remember him playing any chess matches after getting his geass.

Arty can do the same thing, but he wouldn't feel the need to, because he's going to be the one winning most likely.

Geas > Mesmer

Mesmer generally needs to be applied repeatedly to make the person do anything they are really against doing. Even normal humans can resist it for a bit.

Geas can just make them happily turn around and murder the person they love most.

I don't remember a specific quote for that but I have a quote where he's resistent to possession which may qualify as a resistence to mind control maybe?

Desmond253 said:
correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt Lelouch's Geass effect up to 1-A beings?
Not too sure about that I find that unlikely although I remeber him mind controlling something to do with a god not too sure.

I disagree with the Geass>Mesmer. Opal used an advanced mesmer where she was able to fully control beings from a far distance. Much like a complete possession.

That's Opal, not Artemis

And she did it by eating bits of special animals and stuff to increase her powers. It wasn't the sort of thing that any fairy could do.

Also it wasn't 1-A, it was maybe 2-A.

But even if it wasn't, he still mindhaxd the collective unconsciousness of humanity, so that's a bit more than any mind hax in Artemis Fowl.

But didn't some strong willed humans resist Geass? Artemis' will allowed him to keep himself from falling apart into atoms in the time stream + His regular resistence. Then again if I'm wrong about the humans Lelouch mindhaxes.

Only one human has ever resisted his mind hax, and that was because he ordered her to kill everyone when she was really really into helping everyone live happily.

And that was with geass in only one eye, when he gets it in two eyes no one every resists him again, including the collective subconscious of all humanity from past, present and maybe future.

Only one human has ever resisted his mind hax, and that was because he ordered her to kill everyone when she was really really into helping everyone live happily.

And that was with geass in only one eye, when he gets it in two eyes no one every resists him again, including the collective subconscious of all humanity from past, present and maybe future.

Artemis win s the chess match; unless Lelouch mindhaxxes him then. Then Leleouch is more likely to mindhax in a fighting situation and Artemis likes to look into his opponents eyes generally.

But it also depends on th setting and situation too. I find it unlikely that Lelouch even in his own verse would mindhax over a chess match unless the OP makes them fight afterwards.

Having read all but one of the Artemis Fowl books, I can safely say this: Artemis will win the chess match, but in an actual fight, Lelouch will most likely win. Here's why:

Artemis is an incredibly smart 15 year old. There's a specific sentence in one of the first three books that mentions that Artemis beat a world champion chess player in six moves. With his extreme intelligence, he will outwit Lelouch in the game, especially since he is experienced with psychological manipulation. Lelouch can try all he wants to psyche him out, but Artemis won't flinch.

However, once the table is flipped and the gun is drawn, Lelouch can take this. Whether he just shoots him in the head or uses his Geass to command Artemis to kill himself, Lelouch will ultimately walk away alive. Artemis never arms himself or wears any armor, even in the deadliest of situations (He went to rescue his father in the ARCTIC CIRCLE in a suit and ******' loafers, for God's sake). Without his goggles (and by extension his contact lenses that do the same thing), he can't even hope to resist the Geass. The only possible way for him to win is to Han Solo Lelouch with the laser he had in the second to last book.

Back