• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ares DC Upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ares page is quite innacurate. Ares is a character who often fights the entire Justice League at once.

We need feats.

Ares' True Form should be 2-B scaling from Zeus, Highfather and Darkseid. Maybe.

I'm uncertain about Avatar. We could use the 4-B feat? What are his feats outside the 4th World?

From the feats he has shown and displayed , he should be atleast multi solar system level due to his sheer size manipulation and atleast universal at his full power

Okay, that is impressive. But was that Sphere of the Gods Ares or Physical Universe Ares?

I assume it's the former considering this was affecting the 4th World.

IDK . I'm pretty sure that would be him at his highest peak since regular avatars are around or above wonder woman level .

I think that 4-B should be reasonable, given that his other half, Mars, was able to grow to the size of a Promethean Giant (in order to free Ares from the Source Wall, and merge with him, if I remember correctly), but I don't see any reason for 4-A.

Also, Ares has never fought the Justice League as far as I am aware.

As for his true form, we can only speculate, but according to the Multiversity cosmology map, the Greek Pantheon seems to be on roughly the same level as the New Gods.

From what I see, 4-B Ares seems accurate, and Low 2-C, likely 2-B for his true form.

True Forms being equal to New Gods is accurate.

True Form Zeus = True Form Highfather. Both are part of the Quintessence.

I think he is saying Ares should be 4-A Because Mars is just a shard of Ares.

Well, even if Ares is far superior to Mars, the gap between 4-B and 4-A is quite large. It may help to calculate the size of something large enough to hold a solar system, and see where that'd land AP-wise.

I will look over Respect Threads for him. I am currently very tired and spend a lot of my last few days revising Spawn.

Mars and Ares were two halves of the same being, not shards.

Anyway, 4-B avatar, and 2-B true self seems mostly reasonable.

Avatar might be 3-A or 3-B considering he has Multiple Feats involving tanking / surviving / replicating the Godwave, the power of the creation of the universe, and as he killed Hades and through various statements, he is the god closest to Zeus in power.

Ares' power seems to fluctuate from simply "Immensely above Wonder Woman / Justice League, though unquantifiably so" and "Destroyer of Universes"

I should make a profile for Highfather and Zeus. Zeus has very little feats but the ones he has confirms Universal Avatar.

Absorbing the power of the Godwave does not count for his regular power levels.

It actually does. All his appearances aside from Death of the New Gods are avatars, and he has had Godwave feats back in the 90s. It's not a True Body feat.

But right now I'm tired.

Well, he had a scheme to absorb the godwave, but is nowhere near that powerful in himself. I am fine with 4-B avatars, and 2-B true self though.

Rough Calc:

The Promethean Giant has hands the size of Solar Systems.

The average human hand has a size of 7.44 Inches, or 18.8976 centimeters

The average american male is 177 cm tall.

The Solar System has a diameter of 9090000000 kilometers, or 909000000000000 cm

Using these proportions, we get a final height of 8.51393828e15 cm, or 85,139,382,800 kilometers.

About 9.36626873 times the size of our Solar System.

That's just size, let's look at his mass since he is a living being rather than just mostly empty space.

The average man is 177 cm tall. And the average man also weights about 88.67 kilograms

Using the square cube law:

m┬▓ = m┬╣(l2/l1)^3

M┬▓ = 88.69(8.51393828e13/1.77)^3

M┬▓ = 88.69(4.81013462e13)^3

M┬▓ = 88.69 * 1.11293985e41 = 9.87066353e42 Kg or 4.96282582e12 Solar Masses. By comparison the Milky Way is 5.8e11 solar masses.

Assuming I did everything right, The Promethean Giant has the mass of a galaxy.

And that's just Mars, multiply it by two to get the legit power for Ares.

Let me try with that Matt: Solar System diameter is 79 AU = 11.82*10^12 m, I made a relation between hands properties being:

• Hand length = 19.38 cm
  • Hand wide = 9.02 cm
  • Hand thickness = 2.35 cm
So, Hw = 0.465*Hl = 5.5*10^12 m; and Ht = 0.1212*Hl = 1.433*10^12 m. So the volume would be Hv = Hl*Hw*Ht = 93.16*10^36 m^3

Hand volume would be ~400 cc, and average human volume would be 70k cc, that would means that one hand will cover 0.57% of the human volume, so Promethean volume would be V = Hv/0.0057 = 16.34*10^39 m^3. Finally, multiply that per human body density (1062 kg/m^3) and result is 17.36*10^42 kg

Yeah, our results are pretty close, the gigant is 3.8 - 6.8 times more massive than the Local Group. I would put him an AP of High 4-A (if that exist).

The Local Group is the galaxy group that includes the Milky Way. The Local Group comprises more than 54 galaxies, most of them dwarf galaxies.

Edit: Galaxy level Ares is consistent with Zeus, the only Olympian above him, overpowering a Universe Buster and replicating the Big Bang when amped by three Pantheons.

Ah, I though thatt the LG was the galaxy with our solar system and Andromeda between others, so, I guess than that is 3-B

Eh, Ares is only about *20 times more massive than the Milky Way, and the gap between lowest end and highest end galaxy is over 100 times.

Either works, though.

Oh right, let him in 3-C for the most security, but I think that you don't need me more here, I already comfimed the result; luck with the rest.

I think that a 3-C avatar would be far too inconsistent for Ares, given that his power has been compared with that of Darkseid, and Wonder Woman has sometimes been able to pose some challenge.

I would rather rate the Promethean by size alone, rather than by mass. Remember that we gauge galaxy level by an explosion that encompasses, and wipes out, an entire galaxy, which is enormously above the mere mass of one.

No, it's not inconsistent. Wonder Woman never poses a challenge.

Some Darkseid Avatars have shown Universal power and Zeus is Universal by feats alone and he has been matched by Amped Ares and Darkseid's strongst Avatars.

And if we need explosion calc, just calculate the Promethean's GBE. I can ask Tivanenk to do it.

Edit: Also worth mentioning, is that Solar Systems are like, 99,99% empty. Destroying a nearly 100% solid Solar System would wield far more impessive results. So we can't scale a regular Solar System to Solar System sized beings.

This is fiction. We need to look at feats over trying to apply linear math. Writers don't care that Galaxy busters are Trillions of Times stronger than Star and Solar System busters. They often just look at it as the next big level of power.

Ares is holding a mass larger than the Milky Way in his body, that is a feat. Stating that it is inconsistent because Wonder Woman often survives casual attacks from Ares is not an argument. Superheroes by nature are always fighting vastly stronger foes and overcoming them. In fiction, a casual attack is a casual attack, regardless if it's being made by someone 1000, 1 million, or 1 quadrillion times stronger than you. It's a very typical way of making the weaker character survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back