• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wii Fit Trainer (Smash Bros.) VS Dhalsim (Street Fighter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Dhalsim skillstomps and the WFT lacks any particular hax or ability that allows her to close the gap, also because Dhalsim has his own special abilities.

Maybe it's not a stomp, but I definitely vote Dhalsim.

Dhalsim skillstomps and the WFT lacks any particular hax or ability that allows her to close the gap, also because Dhalsim has his own special abilities.

Maybe it's not a stomp, but I definitely vote Dhalsim.
It is not a stomp since WFT has AP, durability, lifting strength advantage.

Yeah, I guess they count, although LS is almost negligible given WFT's fighting style and Dhalsim's skill and elastic body.

I vote to Dhalsim FRA. Dhalsim can dodge WFT's Final Smash with his teleport and it is in-character.

I don't think an AP, Dura, and LS advantage get around a skill stomp at all, especially since the fetish trainer has like, no confirmed skill, as they only do exercises for their moves.

I feel Dhalsim is much more experienced, especially with opponents that are physically stronger. Wii Fit Trainer 'fights' i guess for Smash bros, but how skilled can we exactly assume they are when they fight using actual yoga poses? Teleporting, elasticity and fire are also tricky compared to throwing balls, though Wii Fit Trainer can buff themselves with their breathing temporarily

Though ultimately feel Dhalsim controls the match more, so voting Dhalsim

I feel Dhalsim is much more experienced, especially with opponents that are physically stronger. Wii Fit Trainer 'fights' i guess for Smash bros, but how skilled can we exactly assume they are when they fight using actual yoga poses? Teleporting, elasticity and fire are also tricky compared to throwing balls, though Wii Fit Trainer can buff themselves with their breathing temporarily

Though ultimately feel Dhalsim controls the match more, so voting Dhalsim
This is a skill stomp. As in, Wii has no wincons.

I mean i wouldnt exactly call it a stomp, Wii Fit has advantages and clearly has their own technique and method of fighting, Skill is just the determining factor

I mean i wouldnt exactly call it a stomp, Wii Fit has advantages and clearly has their own technique and method of fighting, Skill is just the determining factor
Ah yes, because Dhalsim definitely won't apsolutely dodge-god Wii especially with their moves being ill-suited for combat.

Meh, Dhalsim's a master fighter with decades of training behind him, and has matched genius fighters that surpassed the WFT in skill, acrobatics, projectiles and experience.

The WFT is mostly a brawler who does wacky stuff that coincidentally work in specific circumstances, and their ability to boost their stats isn't too different from Dhalsim using his own damage boost.

Dhalsim also outranges, is more mobile, has more reliable projectiles and an immense LS advantage.

I honestly don't see how they have any chance of winning.

Also, Dhalsim's explicitly one of the 7 yoga masters in the SF world, he's going to know everything the WFT does and much more.

Ah yes, because Dhalsim definitely won't apsolutely dodge-god Wii especially with their moves being ill-suited for combat.
I mean given theres an entire moveset in Smash that shows exactly how Wii Fit fights, its not really 'ill-suited' for combat. If this is a Super Smash Bros variant, we can assume they know how to fight
Meh, Dhalsim's a master fighter with decades of training behind him, and has matched genius fighters that surpassed the WFT in skill, acrobatics, projectiles and experience.

The WFT is mostly a brawler who does wacky stuff that coincidentally work in specific circumstances, and their ability to boost their stats isn't too different from Dhalsim using his own damage boost.

Dhalsim also outranges, is more mobile, has more reliable projectiles and an immense LS advantage.

I honestly don't see how they have any chance of winning.
True, thats probs why Dhalsim wins but its not like Wii Fit hasnt got the physical advantage, as well as ranged attacks, healing and weaponry. Final Smash in the mix too isnt exactly something Dhalsim wants to get hit by, Wii Fit definitely has the tools to put him down

Wouldnt disregard this matchup as a stomp just because Dhalsim is a more skilled fighter, when thats only one aspect and the Wii Fit trainer here also knows how to fight, especially in the ring against the many, many powers of the Smash bros roster

I mean given theres an entire moveset in Smash that shows exactly how Wii Fit fights, its not really 'ill-suited' for combat. If this is a Super Smash Bros variant, we can assume they know how to fight

True, thats probs why Dhalsim wins but its not like Wii Fit hasnt got the physical advantage, as well as ranged attacks, healing and weaponry. Final Smash in the mix too isnt exactly something Dhalsim wants to get hit by, Wii Fit definitely has the tools to put him down

Wouldnt disregard this matchup as a stomp just because Dhalsim is a more skilled fighter, when thats only one aspect
Said knowledge they've never shown, period.

You see, Dhalsim can take one step to the right and dodge the entire enchilada of the final Smash, just becuase one has an AP advantage, doesn't mean they automatically win, we are not Death Battle.

Said knowledge they've never shown, period.

You see, Dhalsim can take one step to the right and dodge the entire enchilada of the final Smash, just becuase one has an AP advantage, doesn't mean they automatically win, we are not Death Battle.
I mean this is a page about a literal fighting game variant of the character. We can assume they know how to fight against the other Smash variants of the roster effectively. Dhalsim is clearly the better proven fighter but to disregard Wii Fit when its literally a profile based on a fighting game is a bit eh

And Im not sure if it works like that? Like its 2D gameplay but its clearly a danmaku based move that people would have trouble manouvering through as its meant to in Smash. Dhalsim can teleport behind but Wii Fit wouldn't be locked in the Final Smash game mechanics, like they're frozen in place only being able to aim in one direction. Its a wincon nonetheless, but Dhalsims are just far more reliable, which is why he takes the W, but certainly not a stomp

They're in the same tier for a reason and theres no general haxstomps within this match so i dont see why it would be disregarded just because Dhalsim has the more effective advantages, and Wii Fit still has the entire physical advantage (Also Death Battle doesn't just base victories off of AP either, credit where credit is due, they base their winner on whose more likely to pull out their wincons if the characters have them against eachother)

I mean this is a page about a literal fighting game variant of the character. We can assume they know how to fight against the other Smash variants of the roster effectively. Dhalsim is clearly the better proven fighter but to disregard Wii Fit when its literally a profile based on a fighting game is a bit eh

And Im not sure if it works like that? Like its 2D gameplay but its clearly a danmaku based move that people would have trouble manouvering through as its meant to in Smash. Dhalsim can teleport behind but Wii Fit wouldn't be locked in the Final Smash game mechanics, like they're frozen in place only being able to aim in one direction. Its a wincon nonetheless, but Dhalsims are just far more reliable, which is why he takes the W, but certainly not a stomp

They're in the same tier for a reason and theres no general haxstomps within this match so i dont see why it would be disregarded just because Dhalsim has the more effective advantages, and Wii Fit still has the entire physical advantage
Just because the moves work on other fighters of Smash doesn't mean they'll at all work on a dude who's skilled to the nines.

Then why doesn't the Pokémon trainer, not the pokemon, but the trainer themselves, get hit by the final smash? Answer me that.

Which is useless if you can't hit your opponent, in another match, where both characters can one-shot eachother, skill is the deciding factor generally, but even IF Wii could one-shot, the chances of them hitting Dhalsim are little to 0, and as they can't one-shot, it becomes a stomp.

Fighters in smash that Wii Fit fights i'd imagine are 'skilled to the nines' in their own rights? Smash bros characters are still based around the character from the respective franchise and their fighting style despite obvious null AP considerations. Its useless to try and make lore of it but Wii Fit can still match this roster full of martial artists and superpowered beings, and has their own moveset for actual fighting. So its not like you're pitting some regular Yoga instructor against a Martial artist. This is a Fighting game character vs a Fighting game character, hence its not like pitting someone with 0 skill against someone with mastery

?
Cause the Pokemon Trainer isnt actually on the battlefield and in the way of the beams radius? Its a 2D platformer game but that doesnt mean all the attacks are literally 2 dimensional in size lol, they command from the sidelines.

Wii Fit can hit their opponent? Speed is Equalized here and Dhalsim isnt going to spend the entire match just teleporting. Wii Fit has ranged attacks, Danmaku in their final smash, Healing alongside their charged attacks if Dhalsim wants to keep range, as well as a general stat amp with breathing when they want to make meaningful hits. There are fighters like Min Min in the Smashverse that fight using Dhalsims range, and loads that teleport, so it wouldnt be anything new to Wii Fit. I don't see why you think Wii Fit wouldnt be able to hit Dhalsim with even a ranged attack, because he cant spend the whole fight teleporting instantly

Fighters in smash i'd imagien are 'skilled to the nines' in their own rights? Smash bros characters are still based around the character from the respective franchise and their fighting. Its useless to try and make lore of it but Wii Fit can still match this roster full of martial artists and superpowered beings, and has their own moveset for actual fighting. So its not like you're pitting some regular Yoga instructor against a Martial artist

?
Cause the Pokemon Trainer isnt actually on the battlefield and in the way of the beams radius? Its a 2D platformer game but that doesnt mean all the attacks are literally 2 dimensional in size lol, they command from the sidelines.

Wii Fit can hit their opponent? Speed is Equalized here and Dhalsim isnt going to spend the entire match just teleporting. Wii Fit has ranged attacks, Danmaku in their final smash, Healing alongside their charged attacks, as well as a general stat amp with breathing. There are fighters like Min Min in the Smashverse that fight using Dhalsims range, and loads that teleport, so it wouldnt be anything new to Wii Fit. I don't see why you think Wii Fit wouldnt be able to hit Dhalsim with even a ranged attack, because he cant spend the whole fight teleporting instantly
There are barely any skill feats, its mostly just X can fight Y who should be a decent Martial Artist/Sword fighter. And Wii doesn't even proveably have that, just being a fighter in a game doesn't mean you scale to truly fighting the rest of the fighters.

Some stages like, ironically, battlefield, have the trainer on the stage itself and the attacks don't hit them, we go with the AoE shown, and Wii has plenty of vertical AoE and barely any horizontal AoE being generous.

However, Dhalsim has fought people who make Smash Bros's skill look like toddlers at play, who had comparable speed, and was able to dodge them. Why would he ever reliably get by someone far less skilled than say, Ryu?

There are barely any skill feats, its mostly just X can fight Y who should be a decent Martial Artist/Sword fighter. And Wii doesn't even proveably have that, just being a fighter in a game doesn't mean you scale to truly fighting the rest of the fighters.

Some stages like, ironically, battlefield, have the trainer on the stage itself and the attacks don't hit them, we go with the AoE shown, and Wii has plenty of vertical AoE and barely any horizontal AoE being generous.

However, Dhalsim has fought people who make Smash Bros's skill look like toddlers at play, who had comparable speed, and was able to dodge them. Why would he ever reliably get by someone far less skilled than say, Ryu?
Wdym 'skill feats'? What standard are you holding them to? IF we look at the characters movesets, they all adapt some of their best moves and skills into them, including fighters like Ryu and Ken themself. Are you gonna sya the Smash variants for Ryu and Ken aren't skilled fighters? These are crossover characters not expected to start from scratch and prove their 'skill' when its clearly mirroring their usual skill from their respective franchise.
Whether you like it or not, Wii Fit Trainer has an entire fighting game moveset that they utilise to fight this roster of characters, and while its nothing specific like Dhalsim would have, its still proof that they know how to fight, and have a fighting style.

Stage isnt 2D still. The Pokemon Trainer is just literally on the sidelines and not in the way of the Final Smash? It shouldnt be hard to understand

You do realise that Ryu IS part of the Smash roster right? And that the Smash Roster has beings that are much older and have far more experience than Dhalsim would legitimately? Obviously thats not taken into account in the fighting game ofc because of game mechanics but if you think Dhalsim entirely trumps the majority of Smash Bros fighting-wise, then nah. I'm not arguing he isnt more skilled than Wii Fit either, but you make it out as if Wii Fit isnt a fighter in this universe, and cant match the respective roster they fight against in this game.

Either way I think i've made my point on why this match wouldnt be a stomp, and I dont feel it necessary to continue this discussion for any longer.

Wdym 'skill feats'? What standard are you holding them to? IF we look at the characters movesets, they all adapt some of their best moves and skills into them, including fighters like Ryu and Ken themself. Are you gonna sya the Smash variants for Ryu and Ken aren't skilled fighters? These are crossover characters not expected to start from scratch and prove their 'skill' when its clearly mirroring their usual skill from their respective franchise.
Whether you like it or not, Wii Fit Trainer has an entire fighting game moveset that they utilise to fight this roster of characters, and while its nothing specific like Dhalsim would have, its still proof that they know how to fight, and have a fighting style.

Stage isnt 2D still. The Pokemon Trainer is just literally on the sidelines and not in the way of the Final Smash? It shouldnt be hard to understand

You do realise that Ryu IS part of the Smash roster right? And that the Smash Roster has beings that are much older and have far more experience than Dhalsim would legitimately? Obviously thats not taken into account in the fighting game ofc because of game mechanics but if you think Dhalsim entirely trumps the majority of Smash Bros fighting-wise, then nah. I'm not arguing he isnt more skilled than Wii Fit either, but you make it out as if Wii Fit isnt a fighter in this universe, and cant match the respective roster they fight against in this game.

Either way I think i've made my point on why this match wouldnt be a stomp, and I dont feel it necessary to continue this discussion for any longer.
I'm saying they aren't anywhere near their canon counterparts without proof, of which there is none of.

Which proves my point that the final Smash has terrible horizontal coverage.

See above. And I'm saying that her skills and fighting style aren't exactly useful for real fights, for instance, using an outstretched arm and a straight hand to move forward in a fight is asking to get put into a number of arm-based submissions. Just becuase if works in one verse doesn't mean it'll work against a character from another.

I'm saying they aren't anywhere near their canon counterparts without proof, of which there is none of.

Which proves my point that the final Smash has terrible horizontal coverage.

See above. And I'm saying that her skills and fighting style aren't exactly useful for real fights, for instance, using an outstretched arm and a straight hand to move forward in a fight is asking to get put into a number of arm-based submissions. Just becuase if works in one verse doesn't mean it'll work against a character from another.
Why would you assume the Smash variants arent as skilled as the original when they're meant to mirror them? Smash characters carry their powers and feats from their respective games. Ryu can still perform a Hadouken, as well as various of his other techniques taught to him by Gouken, so why would that be something not on par with how skilled Dhalsim is?

Different type of Final Smash. PT's is a beam combo where PT isnt in radius, Wii Fit's is meant to be Danmaku in one general direction. But this is game mechanics where obviously PT isnt going to be hit given how the character is built in the game. Doesn't make it a 2D attack

Thats where you're starting to apply some sort of real world logic to the funny Wii Fit smash fighter. I get what you're saying, but nonetheless its a fighting style that proves this variant has the capability of fighting, if anything using their unique body positions to create unique hits. Dhalsim probably could be able to manage it as a yoga practitioner himself but either way it just proves that Wii Fit isnt completely not skilled and cant conventioanlly fight. It isnt fair to call it a stomp just cause characters have an advantage like skill, especially when Wii Fit isnt without their own advantages

Why would you assume the Smash variants arent as skilled as the original when they're meant to mirror them? Smash characters carry their powers and feats from their respective games. Ryu can still perform a Hadouken, as well as various of his other techniques taught to him by Gouken, so why would that be something not on par with how skilled Dhalsim is?

Different type of Final Smash. PT's is a beam combo where PT isnt in radius, Wii Fit's is meant to be Danmaku in one general direction. But this is game mechanics where obviously PT isnt going to be hit given how the character is built in the game. Doesn't make it a 2D attack

Thats where you're starting to apply some sort of real world logic to the funny Wii Fit smash fighter. I get what you're saying, but nonetheless its a fighting style that proves this variant has the capability of fighting, if anything using their unique body positions to create unique hits. Dhalsim probably could be able to manage it as a yoga practitioner himself but either way it just proves that Wii Fit isnt completely not skilled and cant conventioanlly fight. It isnt fair to call it a stomp just cause characters have an advantage like skill, especially when Wii Fit isnt without their own advantages
Because we aren't gonna use cross-scaling of all things here. Bluntly put I'm pretty sure many mods here would rather pump themselves full of toxic runoff then allow cross-scaling without VERY good reason.

And we have literally NEVER seen otherwise, we will not assume something not shown to us when we have a showing of the ability.

However unique, their moves are hardly useful against someone who makes the verse's entire skill level look like a joke.

Less Cross-scaling their AP and more keeping the skill and technique of the character intact. Smash is representing a mirror of these characters, and disregarding their original AP.

Showing of the ability? Its a final smash, a final attack in a 2D fighting game, clearly down to the game design but its still capable of yknow, dealing damage.

Dhalsim...makes the skill level look like a joke? Wha? Dude, Dhalsim is a Spirit in Smash bros lol. Smash has characters who are much older, much more experienced, and across several, much stronger verses than Street Fighter?
Do you just want to assume that every Smash variant of a character is some fighting newbie that doesnt have any skill or technique despite mirroring their character in their actual franchise? Dhalsims a great fighter but aint no way he is better at fighting than most Smash characters in their original verse.

Okay fr, done arguing this now, this seems to just be down to you not being able to accept smash characters DO know how to fight, as they are a fighting game. Just not as good as Dhalsim, but that doesnt make it a skillstomp

Less Cross-scaling their AP and more keeping the skill and technique of the character intact. Smash is representing a mirror of these characters, and disregarding their original AP.

Showing of the ability? Its a final smash, a final attack in a 2D fighting game, clearly down to the game design but its still capable of yknow, dealing damage.

Dhalsim...makes the skill level look like a joke? Wha? Dude, Dhalsim is a Spirit in Smash bros lol. Smash has characters who are much older, much more experienced, and across several, much stronger verses than Street Fighter?
Do you just want to assume that every Smash variant of a character is some fighting newbie that doesnt have any skill or technique despite mirroring their character in their actual franchise? Dhalsims a great fighter but aint no way he is better at fighting than most Smash characters in their original verse.

Okay fr, done arguing this now, this seems to just be down to you not being able to accept smash characters DO know how to fight, as they are a fighting game. Just not as good as Dhalsim, but that doesnt make it a skillstomp
Most mods would also rather to pump themselves full of liquid diarrhea then cross scale skill either.

And yet it's the only showing we have of the ability, you are arguing against the source material at this point.

I will go with the skill shown and make some assumptions as long as they can be made without cross-scaling in any way, being a fighting game doesnt give excuses to scale characters above what they've shown which is to be at least decent at fighting if Captain Falcon and Lucina are to be believed in their fight.

It apsolutely does.

Not really, the cutscenes in both Brawl and Ultimate show that there could be a gap in ability between characters, and even then, it's just possible for the WFT to be just people with certain abilities they try to utilize in combat, with more or less good results, making them more of brawlers than fighters.

as well as ranged attacks, healing and weaponry. Final Smash in the mix too isnt exactly something Dhalsim wants to get hit by, Wii Fit definitely has the tools to put him down
Her healing is negligible, since it restores only a very little amount of health, and needs to be performed in a moment the opponent can't fight back, since Deep Breathing requires some second and focus, leaving the WFT open.
Her Sun Salute requires charging in order to be any effective, and the ball can be deflected and also needs a few moments and motions to be launched, and Dhalsim is used at dealing with people who use far more efficient projectiles and with more experience in using them.

especially in the ring against the many, many powers of the Smash bros roster
This is pretty arguable, because we don't know who they fought, in which circumstances and how they have performed.

And Im not sure if it works like that? Like its 2D gameplay but its clearly a danmaku based move that people would have trouble manouvering through as its meant to in Smash.
Even assuming they are 3D figures, they really aren't anything super impossible to deal with, given Dhalsim's elasticity, teleport and flight.
Yes, fired at point blank it could be pretty hard to dodge, but it's also likely Dhalsim won't even give them the time to use it.

Dhalsim can teleport behind but Wii Fit wouldn't be locked in the Final Smash game mechanics, like they're frozen in place only being able to aim in one direction.
This breaches into the headcanon, since we don't know how the move really works, and since the shapes come out of their body, it wouldn't be strange if they had to stay still in order to keep firing.

Its useless to try and make lore of it but Wii Fit can still match this roster full of martial artists and superpowered beings,
Not necessarily, both in Brawl and Ultimate we see some characters performing quite better than others in combat, or answering to difficult situations in better ways.
Heck, if we were to also use the trailers, they'd further show these gaps.
As far as we know, the WFT got incinerated by Galeem, then was freed and joined the other fighters in an all-out group assault after having been rescued.

This is a Fighting game character vs a Fighting game character, hence its not like pitting someone with 0 skill against someone with master
In certain contexts it can be, just being in a fighting game doesn't automatically make you a martial artist.
We can say the WFT is adept to combat in a unique way, but that's just it.

Anyway, I'm cool with keeping this open and not deem it a total stomp, but I think the WFT has next to none chances of winning.

'Next to no chances' only because Dhalsim has more reliable wincons, but its not like Wii Fit doesnt have advantages and their own unique traits/wincons. Theres just better arguments for Dhalsim on how he could avoid these.

Not overexerting anymore but I would say on your
'This is pretty arguable, because we don't know who they fought, in which circumstances and how they have performed.', that the roster definitely does fight eachother, As we see from trailers and cutscenes loads. Its a pretty easy notion, why would Wii Fit be in Smash by Master Hand if they haven't fought anybody? I think its fine to scale from the ability to merely keep up with these characters. Would also say the 'performing better than others' is a bit ehhh, when trailers usually have to diverge and focus on the characters they're portraying. Just cause Wii Fit was standing around against Galeem as a gag doesnt mean they're any weaker than the chars that resisted a little before immediately being overwhelmed.

that the roster definitely does fight eachother, As we see from trailers and cutscenes loads. Its a pretty easy notion, why would Wii Fit be in Smash by Master Hand if they haven't fought anybody?
I never said they never fought anyone, I'm saying they could have fought in group battles where luck and chaos dictate the fight, they could have lost, they could have received help, they could have contributed little or etc..., we can only judge by what they have shown in trailers and cutscenes, and the fact they partook in an odyssey alongside tens of other people.

On the other hand we have Dhalsim with a somewhat clear record of experiences, fights, training and feats, all focused specifically in 1v1 combat against people who have the same abilities as the WFT but better.

Would also say the 'performing better than others' is a bit ehhh, when trailers usually have to diverge and focus on the characters they're portraying. Just cause Wii Fit was standing around against Galeem as a gag doesnt mean they're any weaker than the chars that resisted a little before immediately being overwhelmed.
I'm not talking about stats alone, but it's pretty clear that some characters are more battle oriented even by mindset alone, and the two games with a story show which characters are generally more capable or adapted than others at fighting or just perform better.
I'm not going down to the worst end saying the WFT's totally incapable, but we can't neither say they're champion fighters which can for sure take on every single fighter in the roster and take them down in 1v1, as that's a massive overstatement based on nothing, and at that point I could very well say the same about Dhalsim and the characters that don't stomp him in AP.

I agree with all that, I dont think it fair to call Wii Fit more skilled than Dhalsim, only that they do have a degree of skill and a way of fighting, which wouldnt exactly make it like you're putting up a martial arts master against some regular yoga practitioner, hence no skillstomp. Dhalsim just has the advantage and better backing as to why they'd be a better fighter while Wii Fit holds their own advantages

Last edited:
Imho, I think it borders the skillstomp because it's a somewhat experienced brawler against a very experienced martial arts master with the edge of everything but AP.

Anyway, I think we're settled (at least with what I wanted to say), so if people want to keep this open, let it be, I'm cool with it.

In terms of Final Smashes Smash Bros is a 2.5D game, so Wii Fit’s PNG flurry would have some horizontal application, but it never shows itself to extend beyond the widths of the stages, which isn’t that wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back