• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus vs SCP-001 (S Andrew Swann's Proposal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Its about time Arceus faced a real challenge. This time the creator of the Pokémon universe fights...a bunch of horror writers.

4816953-arceus
Scp-001 swann

In character, no prior knowledge or prep time, Incomplete Arceus (missing the Draco Plate), speed equalized. Who wins?

Arceus - 8

001 - 8

Inconclusive - 0

I'm going for the writers, each one has at least to erase poeple or objects from existence just from being near them. Not to mention iirc mcritter has some powerful reality warping, and can make all of them into higher dimensional beings. I will give this to the SCP. Arceus up is strong but I think the writers hax is a bit higher. It will be difficult but I think they will come out on top.

I think SCP-001 will win, I mean it "technically" created the SCP universe, and its death will just make it cease to exist in a metaphysical level.

Also, it is probably on a higher plane of existence

Arceus has most of what the writer has, but on a higher level and much, much, much more. I'm going with the Poke-God here.

Cropfist said:
Arceus has most of what the writer has, but on a higher level and much, much, much more. I'm going with the Poke-God here.
Sure?, the writer is technically outside of Arceus' plane of existence... since it wrote everything and it can't be affected by almost anything (except those memetic agents)

Arceus could qualify for the same thing since he exists beyond the Pokemon verse and created it.

But the SCP also has Plot Manipulation. Coupled with his other abilities, it should tip the balance in his favor. I'm going with SCP here.

Edit: Albeit with mid-high diff.

Precog lets Arceus see what the writer will do before he does it,if he doesn't like he'll stop time use perish song and BFR out of there.

Arceus could also take away all of the writer's knowledge or willpower completely shuting him down.

I see, well, I'll wait for some more input from others on this one, then, so I can be sure before voting. Until then, consider my vote void.

^They can manipulate the plot, so they can easily make it so that arceus forgets almost everything he has on his arsenal, including mind attacks.

If it's the writers wouldn't they scale to the multiverse that's commonly mentioned in some tales

I don't think Arceus can have his plot changed by the writers, and Arceus could easily escape the destruction of a single universe. Not to mention it wouldn't mind, or would it be OoC for Arceus to create the two trios help attack.

@Saikou As in immeasurable speed?

@LordXcano Not sure, there isn't really a set number of universes in the SCP multiverse (As far as I'm aware) unless you're referring to Life in the Multiverse, in which case there would be at least 16, but we don't know if there's another 001 Swann in those universes as well...

@Howard is that a vote for arceus?

@Weekly Well 001 Swann is literally supposed to be an author avatar, albeit of all the SCP writers. So naturally every single creation in SCP would scale to it, including the joke SCPs.

RadicalMrR said:
Precog lets Arceus see what the writer will do before he does it,if he doesn't like he'll stop time use perish song and BFR out of there.
Arceus could also take away all of the writer's knowledge or willpower completely shuting him down.
^Arceus for the reasons here.

Arceus can basically do everything 001 can do, and in some cases do so significantly better. Even in character with no prior knowledge or prep, Arceus has the advantage in both intelligence and range, and won't have to die with 001's universe when he destroys it.

Arceus mid-low diff.

Yeah, from reading this all I made my decision. I'm still going with the Reality Warping + Plot Manip + Conceptual Manip combo. There's nothing for Arceus implying he could no sell something like Plot Manip from an equal being. As for the rest of their abilities, they either cancel each other out for the most part, but then comes the one power which his opponent has and he doesn't.

As I see it, that should make the difference here and give the win to SCP.

FateAlbane said:
Yeah, from reading this all I made my decision. I'm still going with the Reality Warping + Plot Manip + Conceptual Manip combo. There's nothing for Arceus implying he could no sell something like Plot Manip from an equal being.
Plot manipulation is quite literally just a form of reality warping, and like all reality warping, has multiple degrees of effectiveness. The best we've seen 001 do is manipulate plot on a universal scale and cause universal+ destruction if it's destroyed.

True, but what has Arceus ever done to prevent a character from "writting" that he loses or defining his defeat because "that's how I want it to happen"? Don't get me wrong here, by no means I say SCP takes this easily. Either mid-high diff or outright high diff , but I can see his combo of different kinds of reality warping and this variation finishing Arceus off.

Because said character has never done such to even another being on its level. Manipulating the plot on a universal scale to "this character loses" is the same as manipulating the space-time continuum in order to create specific events and control the flow of things.

Arceus made fodder out of beings who, even while restricted, could do so on the same level as 001.

I could swear neither Giratina nor Dialga or Palkia had stuff like Conceptual Manipulation or Plot Manipulation though. As this is a very hax oriented battle, I don't see how making fodder of these three should even apply to SCP, considering his hax are overall better.

All of the Creation Trio and Lake Trio have Conceptual Manipulation. They literally create and embody concepts. For instance, Uxie is literally the concept we know as knowledge. Again, Plot Manipulation is nothing more than a specified type of Reality Warping. The Creation Trio are capable of doing everything 001 can, and on a larger scale, as well. 001 has done nothing but manipulate the "plot" of one universe, and will cause said universe's destruction if it dies. That's absolutely nothing new to Arceus.

Then why literally not a single one of them has conceptual manipulation listed in their profiles here? * Genuinely confused. *

And embodying a concept is very different than manipulating every concept out there. Usually it gives you a range of manipulation on what's related to the concept you embody. Try using that agains Arceus who can also control every concept out there, like SCP, and see how far it gets you.

I think these two are even, frankly speaking. And again, I fail to see how the creation trio powers are even a thing, larger in scale when they're outclassed in hax quality.

Probably because people forgot to add them.

Every concept in the Pokemon multiverse was created by Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina, with only the exception of themselves. They created everything, and Arceus created them. 001 can control concepts on a universal level. This isn't even close to being a trump card against Arceus.

You keep saying 001 has better hax than the Creation Trio without providing proof, which is odd, when it has done nothing they could not do objectively better. These are the beings that would have created the concepts 001 can manipulate. Before Arceus, there was literally nothing in the verse but what would become Arceus. Then there was Arceus. Then he created the Creation Trio, who are aptly called that due to creating literally everything else.

001 created the SCPs and has erased several on a conceptual level

Edit: Going back through its page it also has Information manipulation as well, need to add that

WeeklyBattles said:
001 created the SCPs and has erased several on a conceptual level
This is something that Pokemon weaker than Arceus have already been shown to do, once even as merely a side effect of their fighting, iirc.

I see. Marvelous.

Welp, going from the profiles alone, I'd say his hax are better, but hey. I'm no pokemon expert. Nothing aside from Plot Manipulation, which again, is in enough of a scale to work on Arceus... Like his every other hax. It's assuming too much to say that because Arceus beat those three, he is instantly superior to another Low 2-C from a different verse.

But I digress. Rather than going on and on about which hax should be better (before we know it, this may turn from Arceus vs SCP to "Is SCP > CT or is SCP < CT?"), I'll stop here. If the OP considers the arguments for my vote debunked, feel free to consider my vote null.

I don't think an OP can just null votes unless they are based on something objectively false.

Again, how is it on the scale of affecting Arceus? 001 has never shown to erase or manipulate anything on its own level, and its best hypothetical feat was causing the universe to cease existing on a conceptual level. Beings shown repeatedly to be well below Arceus would not be affected by this, as they already created the universe on a conceptual level and are not bound to it.

Going by its power, 001 should be able to manifest things of its level to try and fight Arceus, but there is nothing to show it could actually manipulate Arceus itself.

Yeah I cant null votes but even then Arceus has enough for this to be considered a win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back