• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arale upgrade mini symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not quite type 3 unfortunately
But at this point I think its fair to be able to note that Arale can use Mr Time to call on different versions tbroughout time and that different versions of Arale across time can use Mr. Time to Time Travel to current/present/main Arale
A note under the profile or in her ability section. And it shows be something like this "Difffent versions of arale can take travel themselves to the current one to aid her in battle" or something along these lines

A note under the profile or in her ability section. And it shows be something like this "Difffent versions of arale can take travel themselves to the current one to aid her in battle" or something along these lines
Yeah something like that
But since it's Mr. Time's doing and not Arale's, then it's him Arale can use to call upon different versions of herself or the other Arale's across time can use their Mr. Time to time travel to current Arale

Point Being
It's a feat of Mr. Time so we should give him the credit and the additional detail

Yeah something like that
But since it's Mr. Time's doing and not Arale's, then it's him Arale can use to call upon different versions of herself or the other Arale's across time can use their Mr. Time to time travel to current Arale

Point Being
It's a feat of Mr. Time so we should give him the credit and the additional detail
Then it should be mentioned in her O.E. nice catch

4. Infor type 1 is Knowledge type, she literally resist being dumped with a low of mathematical formulation, anyway this is qualify for type 1, and she will have Mind Manipulation, or at least Madness Type 2
the problem with this is that the scan is extremely insufficient and it doesn't even have a sub. can't tell what's going on, just some fancy animation with mathematics stuff.

5. She practically ignore the logic and reason
...So?

we already took care of the Dragon Quest one to be nothing more than data hax. The eye part is just a gag. Don't see how that will fall under logic manip - which is basically law manip.

And I don't see which part of the running bit is relevant to logic manip? that's just a physical feat

Don't see what the barrel one has to be either

This scan is also nothing abilities wise. it's just them being in wacky situations. hows this logic manip?

This is just transmutation via toon force.

The mouth one is a gag moment anyway. toon force already takes care of it. nothing law hax here. if we really wanna stretch it, then some form of body control for the doctor.

How's this law hax? It's literally an ap feat

The car on the moon is, at best, spatial hax - or teleportation

How are these law hax?

We already established that their sun isn't a traditional sun sometimes, but even then, hows this law hax?

You have to realise, a gag manga doing wacky things, like removing someone's eye, isn't law hax in the slightest. Do you know how hard it is to get law hax? Or resistance to it?

6. Well, Fate should be included, Toribot literally trying to change the future via his plot manip
now i don't disagree there, but we need more scans about how his other future changing stuff actually worked.

If not status effect inducement then what do you consider this feat to be?
literally nothing.

I did a Q&A and all who have currently answered are also saying Limited Transmutation resistance
Confluctor what's your take on this and if your still in disagreement then what should this be classified as?
And it can't be Bio
Right so, the first one... well, nothing. The doctor wanted her to be like that.
Don't see how the bee part is transmutation resistance at all. Just because she has her powers? But what if the Doctor actually wanted her to be like that? Just because she didn't lose her power? But so what? I am pretty sure the doctor said it can turn into whatever I want it. Did he want her to lose her powers? No. Or unless there is further context, then by all means, please send it.
The pig one is literally nothing either.
For the last one, look at my second point. In addition, we see none of that happen.

Are we son the same page for this?
need further context

the problem with this is that the scan is extremely insufficient and it doesn't even have a sub. can't tell what's going on, just some fancy animation with mathematics stuff.
This episode actually was subbed and if you want we can get Armbill to get more scans...
Scans of him outlining his purpose of trying to overwrite everyone's stupidity by making them smart, scans of him overwriting other students the same way, and scans of Arale's information entering his brain making him totally insane

Would this be sufficient?
Can this be added as transmutation via toon force then? (I beliv
Can this be added? If I remember she has other feats of doing stuff like this as well so it might be fair to outline she can transmute people via toon force
The car on the moon is, at best, spatial hax - or teleportation
Can this be added under spatial manipulation then?
Now i don't disagree there, but we need more scans about how his other future changing stuff actually worked.
I posted a scan of him changing a future he didn't like
The other scans are of him creating the future which had not existed as yet
Which would still count because he's creating the future

I spoke to someone off site, they said it could work as both info and info resistance. I don't really agree with it, but eh, you can consider that part accepted

Can this be added? If I remember she has other feats of doing stuff like this as well so it might be fair to outline she can transmute people via toon force
yeah, do that.

I posted a scan of him changing a future he didn't like
The other scans are of him creating the future which had not existed as yet
Which would still count because he's creating the future
Can you do it again, and preferably with the full context?

Can this be added under spatial manipulation then?
maybe? It depends on how they returned

literally nothing.
SAVAGE!!! 🔥🔥🔥
Right so, the first one... well, nothing. The doctor wanted her to be like that.
Don't see how the bee part is transmutation resistance at all
TVs don't talk a back to you nor move confluctor
If someone on in a VS Debate transmuted Arale into a TV she would not be able to do this kinda stuff WITHOUT FEATS to back it up
. Just because she has her powers?
In Chapter 46, a massive Gorilla and Midori was transmuted into a Roach
These roaches had no human futures and retained no consciousness and retained none of their peak human and superman strength

The fact the rules of transmutation works different for Arale's as she keeps human features and retains her consciousness and powers says alot
But what if the Doctor actually wanted her to be like that? Just because she didn't lose her power? But so what?
Wrong cause the Morph transmuted senbei into a fly as well and he kept none of his own physical strength. Arale's on the other hand did though
I am pretty sure the doctor said it can turn into whatever I want it. Did he want her to lose her powers? No.
That's how Transmutation works in a Debate unless you have FEATS to prove otherwise
That's why we need to outline it
The pig one is literally nothing either.
She retains her consciousness. In a debate if she was transmuted she wouldn't be able to do that

TVs don't talk a back to you nor move confluctor
ofc they can't, but you have to prove that the doctor wanted her to be complete inanimate object and she resisted that. he wanted to show her how cool the weapon is.

In Chapter 46, a massive Gorilla and Midori was transmuted into a Roach
These roaches had no human futures and retained no consciousness and retained none of their peak human and superman strength

The fact the rules of transmutation works different for Arale's as she keeps human features and retains her consciousness and powers says alot
oh context makes this completely different. it worked on others because its not transmutation but bio manip. And it didn't work on her because... inorganic physiology

Wrong cause the Morph transmuted senbei into a fly as well and he kept none of his own physical strength. Arale's on the other hand did though
again, bio manip. and also including that context would be better.

That's how Transmutation works in a Debate unless you have FEATS to prove otherwise
That's why we need to outline it
don't see the relevance?

She retains her consciousness. In a debate if she was transmuted she wouldn't be able to do that
....You do realise that the doctor wanted her to retain it right? Just look at the way he is talking to her. If anything, that's just a bio manip feat for the gun, and essentially nothing for her.

Also with the way the gun is presented, specifically in the last panel, it showed that anyone can retain their mind if they are turned into inanimate objects. Just because the way the gun is created or how he intended to create it.

Can you do it again, and preferably with the full context?
Scripting: Toribot is literally scripting the events of the manga which would naturally include what will happen in the future and events to come
Creating: Toribot saying he wrote/created Penguin Village Ten Years into the Future.
Changing Future: Toribot after writing the future travels to it and ends up seeing how broken and poor he's become when wrote himself to become rich so he decides to head back to the past and change the future

ofc they can't, but you have to prove that the doctor wanted her to be complete inanimate object and she resisted that. he wanted to show her how cool the weapon is.
Ohh. Yeah I can't prove that then...
oh context makes this completely different. it worked on others because its not transmutation but bio manip. And it didn't work on her because... inorganic physiology
Damn. Technicalities win again
So your saying the reason she return her consciousness and strength was because IP2
Well in hind sight that does make sense
again, bio manip. and also including that context would be better.
Well. I suppose so looking at it from that point of view
don't see the relevance?
Trust me when I say people will hound you over stuff you claim that ain't on the profile
....You do realise that the doctor wanted her to retain it right? Just look at the way he is talking to her. If anything, that's just a bio manip feat for the gun, and essentially nothing for her.
Alright Cool
With this we should likely add Biological Manipulation for the Morph Gun then
Also with the way the gun is presented, specifically in the last panel, it showed that anyone can retain their mind if they are turned into inanimate objects. Just because the way the gun is created or how he intended to create it.
I guess...
Though the rock example in the last panel does show that it can negate consciousness as well
Overall it could just be a feat of the characters because of their toon nature

Scripting: Toribot is literally scripting the events of the manga which would naturally include what will happen in the future and events to come
Creating: Toribot saying he wrote/created Penguin Village Ten Years into the Future.
Changing Future: Toribot after writing the future travels to it and ends up seeing how broken and poor he's become when wrote himself to become rich so he decides to head back to the past and change the future
By more context, I mean more scans around how he does it and how it effects everything. I know that it got plot hax abilities, but I wanna see more of his future changing feats.

So your saying the reason she return her consciousness and strength was because IP2
Yes.

With this we should likely add Biological Manipulation for the Morph Gun the
Of course

Also we need to talk about this
If the madness part doesn't suit this situation
Would it be fairer to situate it under some form mind manipulation or smth?
The kid one can be corruption via mindhax. Because his mind was changed completely. So, what's the FULL context of that feat? How it happened and what did arale did exactly?

By more context, I mean more scans around how he does it and how it effects everything. I know that it got plot hax abilities, but I wanna see more of his future changing feats.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.....
Not sure I can give you scans of HOW it affects everything
He usually applies this you know designing and redesigning the manga which affects the reality around the characters. But if what you want is a direct display of his ability warping the future and stuff then yeah I can't really show you that cause I can't find it myself

His power works mostly though exposition
He says he does something and it just happens
We don't get any magic reality distorting display of it happening
The kid one can be corruption via mindhax. Because his mind was changed completely. So, what's the FULL context of that feat? How it happened and what did arale did exactly?
How did it happen? He went to school with Arale and developed a Neurological Brain disorder that causes completely screws all rational and logical thought turning one into a nitwit
What did Arale do? Be stupid. That's literally it. Her stupidity acting through her social influencing literally caused this to happen to him
We should probably add a note in her IP2 profile saying that because of I organic physiology, she retains her power and strength even when transmuted into different structures

1. Hmm I see.
2. That's interesting... Tho I am still unsure if it will qualify for madness hax. See, irl, people can also drive others "insane" with their stupidity, and this is just like that, however on a more extreme level. I am willing to compromise on this, but maybe at limited and not full.
3. Sure. But I would say biological transmutation

1. Hmm I see.
So what's the Verdict?
2. That's interesting... Tho I am still unsure if it will qualify for madness hax. See, irl, people can also drive others "insane" with their stupidity, and this is just like that, however on a more extreme level. I am willing to compromise on this, but maybe at limited and not full.
Yeah sure alright
Though tbf she would have still have madness had regardless because of feat of driving the doctor mad with her Information
Though since that madness had only works be trying to access and read her information I'm the first place I guess that would be limited as well

All in all
Limited Madness Hax is fine
3. Sure. But I would say biological transmutation
Biological Transmutation
Sure thing

What Confluctor has accepted here can probably be applied.

What was the reason for the Dragon Quest example not being applicable to Law resistance again? Since rules is synonymous with laws and in these instances she's ignoring the applied rules on reality. Such as it being impossible to have multiple companies, impossible to take 0 damage, etc. Just because the universe is made out of data dosen't negate that there's laws. So she should resist both imo.

What was the reason for the Dragon Quest example not being applicable to Law resistance again? Since rules is synonymous with laws and in these instances she's ignoring the applied rules on reality. Such as it being impossible to have multiple companies, impossible to take 0 damage, etc. Just because the universe is made out of data dosen't negate that there's laws. So she should resist both imo.
I explained it to you just now why Law resistance is not applicable so let's just leave it alone

I explained it to you just now why Law resistance is not applicable so let's just leave it alone
I'd still like the others thoughts. Since as I delineated, just because something is done via Data Manipulation doesn't mean the effect of it (rules applied on reality, which is the definition of law manipulation) shouldn't be resisted.

Discussion is pragmatic though

I'd still like the others thoughts. Since as I delineated, just because something is done via Data Manipulation doesn't mean the effect of it (rules applied on reality, which is the definition of law manipulation) shouldn't be resisted.

Discussion is pragmatic though
Alright
You can talk about it with Confluctor when he gets back online

Apologies for responding so late
Senbei to create a device to erase the other characters so he can make a new manga since he himself can't
Forgot to say this last time: NANI!? SENBEI IS MAKING WHAT EVIL DEADPOOL FAILED TO DO!
True LMAO
But for the sake of explanation doesn't really fly of the factual plane very well as it's kinda lacking
Plus he usually forget things overtime not in the very same manga chapter
It's pretty bad. He asks for advise to write the manga to another character that is more clueless than he is(& he created said character himself). Also sometimes he's doesn't think things thru very well. I like how he give these flaws to the other god-like being of the verse.
Toriyama the IRL PERSON Yes
Toriyama the Character IDK, it's weird because honestly when it comes to sheer lunacy of what Dr. Slump characters do with the plot, you really cant tell when Toriyama (the character) is in control or not
Some editors & anime crew disagree with ya
I mean we see Tori the Character literally draw scenes into existance
I'm gonna give this: He's more hella incosistent even more than the DBS powerscaling. One time he claims to grant any wish, then he chase for the dragon balls like the other characters. One moment he survive without much trouble a weapon that oneshot Arale & Obotchaman, elsewhere he's fodder.
I know that, I should have been more specific
What I meant was he affected their speech bubbles thus manipulating what they were going to say. But in terms of being able to outright change and manipulate their being as a character. That's the thing he can't do
He did. Not only did he change her words(while she was seeing him)but also changed her mind(& Gatchan's who didn't even have a speech bubble) as they don't ask him anymore about growing up(keep in mind she's hella persistent as a person). When she licks the lolipops she has a question mark on her slighty confused of what just happend
+Tori froze time for a commentary & neither she nor Senbei could move or react to him
The Struggle is REAL 😭😭😭
Its been out for years, decades, why is not all of it translated at this point???
Excel Saga, Bobobo, Gintama not only get the manga/anime subbed, but also great anime dubs(the 3rd dub is mixed but still). Dr. Slump can't even get all the subs, let alone get a full epsiode completly dubbed so unfair.
Sure. 240
Thanks! I'll check it now
I don't know how to do that kinda stuff 😅😂
Easy, go at the start of the thread, below the title, you can see your name, the date of the thread and then a symbol. Click there, a window will appaer & there you write the tags.

Question: Were the stuff in this thread accepted somewhere else?

I would recommend looking back at what we wrote in the previous thread for the dragon quest law hax shenanigans. It went back and forth for far too long tho

I would recommend looking back at what we wrote in the previous thread for the dragon quest law hax shenanigans. It went back and forth for far too long tho
If I missed your reasons in the thread my bad, it was 8 pages. But from the comments where you responded to the law manipulation. You said it wasn't special cause we can ignore rule by playing side quest, etc. Then I responded and showed what they did was impossible, actually breaking the "rules" of the system. Then you said data was good but law was sus. Then I dont think I actually said anything trying to argue law after that?

So my comments relating to the situation, a few comments ago would be unresponded to points I believe.

Pretty sure we agreed data hax and toon force takes care of it.
The effect that was done would fall under Law manipulation by definition. I dont think its that big of a stretch to add tbh. Like I said, just because an effect is done via a certain way doesn't mean they wouldn't resist the effect.

Now why would that be the case?

Anyway, I will get back to that tomorrow when I am at home. Time to repeat my points again ig

Now why would that be the case?

Anyway, I will get back to that tomorrow when I am at home.
"The ability to manipulate "laws" that automatically apply themselves upon reality, referring to rules, mandates and even fundamental logical principles/truths/facts that are the way in which a reality may function."

So ignoring the rules of the system, that are applied on the DQ reality. Which are also objectively impossible to do in verse. Wouldn't be law manipulation/ resistance? I dont really see how it isn't in that category.

Time to repeat my points again ig
Oof

"The ability to manipulate "laws" that automatically apply themselves upon reality, referring to rules, mandates and even fundamental logical principles/truths/facts that are the way in which a reality may function."
Ah yes, but of course, except that's not what's happening with the Dragon Quest, now is it?

Through immersion, when you enter the said story, you are not part of it at all. Literally. You can't be part of it. It's like a bug in the system, it shouldn't belong. The bug doesn't operate under the established rules of the system due to it being from outside aka shouldn't be there in the first place. Another example; a virus enters a human body, it doesn't operate under the established rules of this place - now manipulating those rules, if you could, won't grant you law manipulation either because at most it would be biology manipulation - so it causes mayhem. That's what's happening here. Arale shouldn't belong in the game, so when she entered it, the game became her playground, simply because the code is already written there and she is just manipulating the data to suit her needs. In the previous thread, we agreed that the reason that is happening is because of her data manipulation - which comes via toon force. Inside a digital space, there is only data - millions upon millions of lines of code. All she is doing is manipulating the data in ways to suit her. That's not resistance to law manipulation, because everything inside the game is data, pre-developed codes and she is manipulating that through toon force. Looking at it now, it should theoretically upgrade her data hax when immersing, but nothing law hax.

Now that I look at it, even resistance to data manipulation seems sus. The game is already created and shipped, and it doesn't come with a self-reassembling mechanism, no game does. If it did, it came with something as advanced as that, then data manip resistance can work, but it doesn't, so even data manip resistance - I think one came from here - should be removed.

In addition, when a higher infinity being comes down to lower infinity, they are often unaffected by the laws of physics, simply because they transcend that system of causality. That's exactly what is happening here. She is from a higher infinity, and the game is a lower infinity - we will use infinity for the lack of a better term - and of course, the lower infinity doesn't follow the same rules as the above, so that's why they are unaffected by these rules set in place. You could argue that they should get law manipulation resistance... but why would they? They are just simply operating in a different causality system. They would, however, get law manip resistance if some character tried to use their hax and it didn't work at all, sure. But simply because they transcend that system of laws doesn't grant law manip resistance at all.

Now, back to Arale. In the chapter, we see her enter the game and she takes more people than is allowed by the rules of the game. But she continues through that just fine. Now, why would this be law manipulation resistance when it is one of the clearest forms of data manipulation? She is manipulating data, codes to suit her need. And rules, in this game, are also data. Everything is data.

So, now to you... Can you explain to me why you think manipulating the data of a game is somehow resistance to law manipulation? And keep in mind, she is a bug in the system, and the system has no way to actually fight her or reinforce its laws on her because it's already pre-developed without that kind of problem in mind.

Some more scans for this will be better
Wait a sec, how is this accepted when you didn't even give more scans when you didn't give more scans? For context, this was ep70 of the 1997 anime. They're brought to Hell, Enma begs for her to go away after she does some mayhem, she appears back home by unknown means off-screen. She could've have had Chivil bring her back to Earth like he did in the manga/old anime versions.
Couldn't this be a big durability feat? They tanked an explosion that destroyed the pocket dimension with sky with celestial bodies(possibly the entire Kaioshin Realm). Maybe her 1st key will finally get an upgrade in pysicality?

Couldn't this be a big durability feat? They tanked an explosion that destroyed the pocket dimension with sky with celestial bodies(possibly the entire Kaioshin Realm). Maybe her 1st key will finally get an upgrade in pysicality?
We already spoke about that... she didn't tank a starry sky in this case. This pocket dimension was extremely small in comparison.

And most of the time, space-time explosions are hax related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back