• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arale upgrade mini symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Upgrades
Let's Go

Air Manipulation: Arale is able to spin herself into a Typhoon
Accepted

Acausality Type 1:
Arale has interacted with numerous different versions of herself from different points in time and not be affected by it
Accepted

Mr. Time Additional Context
Accepted

Precognition and Cosmic Awareness via 4th Wall Breaking:
This has ALREADY BEEN ACCPETED from the last set of upgrades so just a brief overview rundown:
Arale has displayed awareness for the events that will transpire in: future episodes, multiple years and even new when her series was gonna end, hence the reason for Precognition
Arale and the characters in Dr. Slump have been shown to be aware of the different continuities present in the franchise, hence the reason for Cosmic Awareness
Accepted

O.E. Natural Weaponry
with Bee Costume
Accepted

Fear Inducement and Limited Madness Inducement via Social Influencing:
This has ALREADY BEEN ACCEPTED from the last set of upgrades so just a brief overview rundown:
Arale has induced fear in numerous characters and has also driven other characters insane via Social Influencing
Fear Inducement Accepted. Limited Madness Inducement Accepted

Animal Manipulation:
Arale has displayed the ability to command and control Animals
Accepted

Limited Madness Manipulation and Information Manipulation Type 1 and Resistance to Data Manipulation, Information Manipulation Type 1 and Hacking:

Arale had resist having the Information and Code that makes up her programming forcibly overwritten and changed by a Doctor who was forcing Information from his Brain to destroy and overwrite her programming Information and she gets Madness Manipulation because her code and information entering into someone else's mind can literally break and destroy it
All Accepted.

Inorganic Physiology
which also allows her to retain her consciousness strength and power even when Biologically Transmuted into different forms and structures
Accepted under this description

Even more Plot Manipulation: Arale's actions can affect the manga panels in causing them to shift
Accepted

Even more and more Plot Manipulation and 4th Wall Breaking:
Dr. Slump characters can interact and manipulate aspects of the animation, affect the manga and hear the voice of the Narrator
Accepted

O.E. Mind Manipulation Addition with PonPoku Morph Gun:
Can affect and change peoples thoughts and actions without them knowing
Accepted

Resistance to Space-Time Manipulation:
Tanked the collapse and destruction of a pocket dimension
Accepted

Status Effect Inducement:
Arale can induce confusion
Not Accepted

O.E. Paralysis Inducement with Binding Tape
Accepted

Additional Spatial Manipulation:
Arale can cause warps in space when fighting
Accepted

More Enhanced Senses:
Arale can dodge multiple consecutive attacks with her eyes closed. Arale is also able to hear voices across vast distances in space
Accepted

Status Effect Inducement:
Arale can halt people's movements and actions by announcing "Let's Draw"
Accepted

Causality Manipulation via Plot Manipulation:
Arale and Other characters can skip out and skip across different moments and events and can intentionally cause the transitioning between different moments and events in the series
Accepted

Logic Manipulation/Resistance:
Arale has already been stated to ignore the laws of physics and she along with other Dr. Slump characters has performed numerous feats of manipulating/ignoring natural logic
Not Accepted

Transmutation and Spatial Manipulation/Teleportation
Acceptable from list of Feats

Dimensional Travel:
Arale has freely travelled from the dimension of Hell to the Living World
Accepted?

Plot, Existence Erasure, Reality Warping and Fate Resistance:
Toriyama's and Toribot's Plot Manipulation has been resisted by Arale on numerous occasions (already discussed in previous CTRs). Toriyama had tried to erase all the characters across the Dr. Slump Manga but none of the characters were affected by this. And Arale has resisted or even ignored the effects of Toribot's Plot Manipulation which is capable of Scripting, Creating and Rewriting the Future
Accepted

Last edited:
I agree with everything, for now at least.
Also shouldn't her ice manipulation feat be calced?

As we spoke about this before, it's not enough for acausality. I am willing to hear otherwise from others tho.

Fear Inducement and Madness Inducement via Social Influencing: This has ALREADY BEEN ACCEPTED from the last set of upgrades so just a brief overview rundown:
Arale has induced fear in numerous characters and has also driven other characters insane via Social Influencing
Can't remember what I said on discord, but I don't think this is enough for madness hax. Madness hax tend to be a bit more extreme.

Suppose so

Info manip... Don't see it. But the other could work.

Idk. Maybe bio manip (not resistance to it) could work?

Last scan can work

Suppose so

Suppose so

Don't see it.

. Paralysis Inducement with Binding Tape
Idk but maybe?

Works better than the other example.

Logic Manipulation/Resistance: Arale has already been stated to ignore the laws of physics and she along with other Dr. Slump characters has performed numerous feats of manipulating/ignoring natural logic
I am unsure

Some more scans for this will be better

Plot, Existence Erasure, Reality Warping and Fate Resistance: Toriyama's and Toribot's Plot Manipulation has been resisted by Arale on numerous occasions (already discussed in previous CTRs). In one instance Toriyama, who is stated to have the power to make any wish a reality and threatens he can even redesign the characters, stated that he could not do anything when it came to affecting Arale. In another instance Toriyama had tried to erase all the characters across the Dr. Slump Manga but none of the characters were affected by this. And Arale has resisted or even ignored the effects of Toribot's Plot Manipulation which is capable of Scripting, Creating and Rewriting the Future
Ee and plot, sure

Rest seems fine more or less

As we spoke about this before, it's not enough for acausality. I am willing to hear otherwise from others tho.

Can't remember what I said on discord, but I don't think this is enough for madness hax. Madness hax tend to be a bit more extreme.

Suppose so

I am unsure

Ee and plot, sure
1. Yes, it is not enough for Acausal 1
2. I agree with this
3. Same
4. Infor type 1 is Knowledge type, she literally resist being dumped with a low of mathematical formulation, anyway this is qualify for type 1, and she will have Mind Manipulation, or at least Madness Type 2
5. She practically ignore the logic and reason
6. Well, Fate should be included, Toribot literally trying to change the future via his plot manip

Why wouldn't it be enough for acausality type 1? The reason they went was erased from the time stream. Yet they weren't affected. Plus there's another clip that I could post. That has dozens of Arales interacting with each other from different points in time and not being affected, if that helps the case.
Idk. Maybe bio manip (not resistance to it) could work?
I would say limited Transmutation is better imo. Since the examples are the result of a transmutation effect being placed on her. Yet she can resisted certain aspects of it.

Will get back to the others later.

would say limited Transmutation is better imo. Since the examples are the result of a transmutation effect being placed on her. Yet she can resisted certain aspects of it.
Except she did get transmuted. And the scans don't help with this resistance

Will get back to the others later.

Except she did get transmuted. And the scans don't help with this resistance
Yeah, but it's a similar case with Vegito, who has limited transmutation resistance. They got transmuted but weren't affected in certain aspects that would of been applied with normal transmutation. Such as losing their power, movement, and mind. Just putting biological Manipulation wouldn't cover all of this.

Two wrongs don't make it right. Anyway, will probably give a few paragraphs reply to that tomorrow cause my hands are freezing rn.

Two wrongs don't make it right. Anyway, will probably give a few paragraphs reply to that tomorrow cause my hands are freezing rn.
Gotta get some gloves.

If anyone has a better suggestion for what Arale/Vegito did. I'd like to hear it since I can't think of a better replacement, rather than limited transmutation resistance.

It looks he was more suprised by her request & didn't like the idea of drawing her & Gatchan as grown ups. Also why wouldn't his powers not be able to do that when she wouldn't try to resist since she wants to be redrawn & random Senbei inventions have already pull it off with no problem. Also his rewrite DID work on her if you had shown the last page fully.
00z0hxb.jpg

No subs, no more scenes before/after this scan meh

Gotta get some gloves.

If anyone has a better suggestion for what Arale/Vegito did. I'd like to hear it since I can't think of a better replacement, rather than limited transmutation resistance.
Limited transmutation resistance, or resistance to power null, or both, or....uhhh....

Well it is still some form of mind manipulation regardless so....
Meh
Viet already explained this
. Maybe bio manip (not resistance to it) could work?
I don't think Bio can apply to this situation
EE and plot, sure

Rest seems fine more or less
I know you say Resistance to Plot covers RW but I think it should be added regardless
Not sure why your unsure of Fate when Toribot has manipulated Fate Before

It looks he was more suprised by her request & didn't like the idea of drawing her & Gatchan as grown ups.
That explanation is also great but then why did he threaten to redraw the characters badly then if simply being grown up is something he can't stomach?
Also while your interpretation is decent, it could also be that he legit just could do it hence the word CAN'T
Also why wouldn't his powers not be able to do that when she wouldn't try to resist since she wants to be redrawn
Because her resistances are innate. Most of the resistances she have performed haven't come from her muscling out of stuff but just because when I character tried to do something to her it just had no effect
Also his rewrite DID work on her if you had shown the last page fully.
He rewrote her speech bubble not directly tried to affect her character

No subs, no more scenes before/after this scan meh
Just so you know, some of the later Dr. Slump episodes haven't been translated and if they have then I don't know where to find em
You can point me in a direction as to where to find complete subs list of the episodes if you know of any site that provides such material

Anyways for context sake:
Nearing the end of Dr Slumps run, Toriyama was thinking of making a new manga so decided on erasing all his previous works (including the characters) by whiting them out all across the existence of the manga Problem was that they were not affected by this (like straight up completely ignored it) he could not erase what he himself had created So instead Toriyama asked Senbei to create a device to erase the other characters so he can make a new manga since he himself can't

Two wrongs don't make it right.
True but if not limited transmutation what do you wanna classify it as then?
Body Control?
She can operate and control her body even if it's been transmuted into something else?
cause my hands are freezing rn.
OOF Lolol
Try wearing some Gloves 🤭

Plus there's another clip that I could post. That has dozens of Arales interacting with each other from different points in time and not being affected, if that helps the case.
Would this do???

That explanation is also great but then why did he threaten to redraw the characters badly then if simply being grown up is something he can't stomach?
Also while your interpretation is decent, it could also be that he legit just could do it hence the word CAN'T
Cause he can be clumsy & forgetful like the real Akira.
Also the other scenes were she gets transmutated, wouldn't Tori have a hand in it as he's drawing it?
He rewrote her speech bubble not directly tried to affect her character
He did. Not only did he change her words(while she was seeing him)but also changed her mind(& Gatchan's who didn't even have a speech bubble) as they don't ask him anymore about growing up
Just so you know, some of the later Dr. Slump episodes haven't been translated and if they have then I don't know where to find em
You can point me in a direction as to where to find complete subs list of the episodes if you know of any site that provides such material

Anyways for context sake:
Nearing the end of Dr Slumps run, Toriyama was thinking of making a new manga so decided on erasing all his previous works (including the characters) by whiting them out all across the existence of the manga Problem was that they were not affected by this (like straight up completely ignored it) he could not erase what he himself had created So instead Toriyama asked Senbei to create a device to erase the other characters so he can make a new manga since he himself can't
Bruh i feel your pain. I've trouble with that too.
Hmmm, could i ask for the ep number just to be sure? I'll give it a watch tomorrow.

Why don't you put tags on the thread? Wouldn't it make the thread easier to find?

Cause he can be clumsy & forgetful like the real Akira.
True LMAO
But for the sake of explanation doesn't really fly of the factual plane very well as it's kinda lacking
Plus he usually forget things overtime not in the very same manga chapter

Also the other scenes were she gets transmutated, wouldn't Tori have a hand in it as he's drawing it?
Toriyama the IRL PERSON Yes
Toriyama the Character IDK, it's weird because honestly when it comes to sheer lunacy of what Dr. Slump characters do with the plot, you really cant tell when Toriyama (the character) is in control or not
He did. Not only did he change her words(while she was seeing him)but also changed her mind(& Gatchan's who didn't even have a speech bubble) as they don't ask him anymore about growing up
I know that, I should have been more specific
What I meant was he affected their speech bubbles thus manipulating what they were going to say. But in terms of being able to outright change and manipulate their being as a character. That's the thing he can't do
Bruh i feel your pain. I've trouble with that too.
The Struggle is REAL 😭😭😭
Its been out for years, decades, why is not all of it translated at this point???
Hmmm, could i ask for the ep number just to be sure? I'll give it a watch tomorrow.
Sure. 240
Why don't you put tags on the thread? Wouldn't it make the thread easier to find?
I don't know how to do that kinda stuff 😅😂

For her madness manipulation, she caused people to go insane and be legitimately scared of her. so I agree with it, it should be Madness manipulation type 2, or in extreme cases type 3. also, She probably should get morality manipulation, since she changed an evil man [it's on the first scan, but I don't know if he was evil or something] to being her obedient companion or even slave(?), but I'm not too sure ,what do yall think?

Unresolved Issues
Fear Inducement and Madness Inducement via Social Influencing: This has ALREADY BEEN ACCEPTED from the last set of upgrades so just a brief overview rundown:
Confluctor seems to be alright with Fear Inducement but not Madness Inducement
Has things now changed, is this alright for madness or do you want to change it to mind manipulation instead?
I did a Q&A and all who have currently answered are also saying Limited Transmutation resistance
Confluctor what's your take on this and if your still in disagreement then what should this be classified as?
And it can't be Bio
If not status effect inducement then what do you consider this feat to be?
Fate Resistance:. And Arale has resisted or even ignored the effects of Toribot's Plot Manipulation which is capable of Scripting, Creating and Rewriting the Future
So Confluctor
Are we son the same page for this?
That works.
Please respond soon so we can start rapping this up
By that I mean get ant and other staff on this

Acausality type 3😛.
But on a serious note, good job.
Its not quite type 3 unfortunately
But at this point I think its fair to be able to note that Arale can use Mr Time to call on different versions of herself throughout time and that different versions of Arale across time can use Mr. Time to Time Travel to the current/present/main Arale

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back