• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

"Ah, excuse me. I just kind of woke up. To see the world has been very destroyed. I'm a little bit confused. What exactly is going on?"
"... Oof, you must be really behind sonny... But, alright. I don't quite remember what the world was like before, but that light up there in the sky did something to change the world substantially. And from there, some folks like you with special abilities came and were told to find a method to fix the world's problems, or somethin' like that."
Friend I'm lost, and I'm starving, I'll do anything for money or food"
"WHY STARVE WHEN BIG SKY LIGHT GIVE SUSTAINANCE!?"

Speaking of, you do notice you don't feel nearly as hungry as you should here. Are they onto something?

... Well, not really onto it enough because you still feel it would be nice to actually eat.

"Hey Fi, can you dowse for Insectoids and Worms for me please?"
"There are a few things called Pillaworms burrowing underground outside the city. I can dowse them out for you, as soon as we get there!"

Jozu senses a similar evaluation.
"So, will you call your fellows to here then?"
"Well, I don't exactly have a method to generate a beacon, so, I'll need to get going. I'll come back soon, don't worry about me."
"I think that waas enough of a break! Now, let's go inside that bakery!"
"Hee-ho!"

Concrehee-ho bounces up and down, doing his silly little walk alongside Dy1 to get there. Once inside, they see a tree man explaining the situation of the world overall to another guy.

As per the stock of the bakery, it's sweet bread and cakes for all they can-

Wait...

Churros. There are churros too.

Serena quickly steps back slightly, as her army all raises their weapons, ready to fire the instant he moved. Their hive mind and connection to her own ensuring that everyone present would be ready if any of them were.

I'm not sure if they'll be strong enough to take him out, but at the least, they'll provide a distraction. If I'm lucky, the conditions for my Kyudan could be met, but I shouldn't rely on that.

She draws her own weapon and readies herself, while her eyes turn a burning gold and an invisible wave of force is sent out from her to strike her opponent, the ground around her cracking from the pressure.
The opponent is barely phased by the wave of force, merely sliding across the ground some centimeters. Meanwhile, the sudden forward movement of his charge forward proves to have far more power to it.

He charges straight into her forces with no fear, the gunfire pounding against his body. You can see some blood drawn, so he is indeed killable... But, he will not let such be pursued so easily. With a mighty swing, he outright cleaves an entire row of soldiers in twane, causing the rest to be thrown back by a resulting shockwave. From there, she's wide open, with the man moving forth with death in his eyes.

Last edited:
"WHY STARVE WHEN BIG SKY LIGHT GIVE SUSTAINANCE!?"

Speaking of, you do notice you don't feel nearly as hungry as you should here. Are they onto something?

... Well, not really onto it enough because you still feel it would be nice to actually eat
"Strange, I'm still hungry but my body says no, well, I better not bother you and I'm going" he said while backtracking a bit.

"Found you!"

Jozu quickly touches Tyrus.

"Instant Transmission!"

Jozu reappears some dozen of meters away from the Pillaworms with Tyrus.

"Wha-" is the only thing Tyrus is able to say before he and Jozu are teleported to the Pillaworm's location.

"Well shit, I was gonna try and get the drop on them but I guess that plan is out the window now."

(I was just letting you know I wasn’t lying.)

“Argh!”

He crunch his teeth at the bite of the blow delivered tore through his glass bones.

“DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE”

His canines cracking open,he unleashes a howl that quaked the man’s bones.A summon flickers into existence in between the space of the two beings.

NYAAAAA

A pearly skinned woman with cat ears appeared. Her face and extremities covered in bloody crevices written to form Japanese text.Several arms sprout and began striking the man.Flashing it’s beams of light across the man’s face.

“NRRRGGHAGHHHHH.”

The Mandarin screams again,his wounds shutting as a copy of it cleaves its way into the summon. Transferring any harm done to him into her.

Squeee

Her wounds closed like an eye shutting. With the haste and fury,she begins firing homing orbs from the words carved into her flesh.

(So I don’t have to state this later,Janus’s summons have high-mid Regen,albeit only one can have this ability)

@DMUA

"I believe it may be wise to make this place a safe haven for all types of life. Expand it, perhaps."

The mechanical girl said, partially seeming to speak to herself in this.

The opponent is barely phased by the wave of force, merely sliding across the ground some centimeters. Meanwhile, the sudden forward movement of his charge forward proves to have far more power to it.

He charges straight into her forces with no fear, the gunfire pounding against his body. You can see some blood drawn, so he is indeed killable... But, he will not let such be pursued so easily. With a mighty swing, he outright cleaves an entire row of soldiers in twane, causing the rest to be thrown back by a resulting shockwave. From there, she's wide open, with the man moving forth with death in his eyes.
The number of men lost, while large, is not insurmountable, evidenced by the fact that more quickly fill in the spots where the now bisected ones used to be, with the dying ones either healing slowly or just fading away as they bled out. The new soldiers attempted to form a ring of sorts around the opponent, firing inward the whole time, providing a hail of simultaneous, expertly aimed gunfire, even if it previously proved ineffective.

Serena though, seeing her opponent effortlessly cleave her men in two and the man rushing her, realizes that letting him get in close too often if she's not prepared isn't a good idea. It's probably not a good idea even if she is prepared, so she makes the decision to teleport back a bit more, closer to her dog, and out of her ring of soldiers, while from over her shoulder flies in a large, flaming railgun tank round, aimed directly at the target in the center.

"Yetzirah: Der Freiscutz Samiel." Behind her the source of said round could be seen, a red tank with an extremely long barrel, which served as her relic.

He can get through them rather easily, but the longer I'm out of his reach, the better, although I'm not sure I can get away with this again.

"I believe it may be wise to make this place a safe haven for all types of life. Expand it, perhaps."

The mechanical girl said, partially seeming to speak to herself in this.
"That is very wonderful goal you have in mind, i will help however i can so you may achieve it."

The martial arts boy responds, praising her idea.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Missed one

"Well shit, I was gonna try and get the drop on them but I guess that plan is out the window now."
Being underground, it still hasn't noticed you. On the other hand... They're going to be difficult to hit given the circumstances. Plan to get them out?

"Huh... tree ma- wait do they have chocolate cakes?" Dy1 says, as he notices the cakes. "Oooh, churros too!"
There are chocolate cakes, as well.
He can get through them rather easily, but the longer I'm out of his reach, the better, although I'm not sure I can get away with this again.
As the man witnesses more soldiers file into the fray, some slowly healing, he releases a 'tch'

"So, you refuse to engage me directly... Very well. IF YOU CALL THAT LEADERSHIP, THEN PREPARE TO FACE ME ALONE!"

He releases a mighty swing again, spinning around in a circle to completely tear through her forces... Except, this time, even those with nonlethal wounds fail to heal... Something that man is doing is negating their ability to regenerate. He moves forth, continuing to tear through her forces until she pulls out her Briah, opening fire. He barely has time to react as he's caught mid swing, forcing him to just raise his hand and block with his palm. A massive blast of fire envelops his form as a result, concealing their vision for a moment.

By the time it clears, it's obvious his hand is broken, and his soul was noticeably damaged from the impact.

"Grr... Very well. Even if I am not fond of your tactics, you are not to be underestimated... But all the same... If you are to rely on a simple mass of bodies to achieve anything... Do you truly believe you yourself will be hardened enough to face your country's hardships?"

"Very well. Your cooperation is accepted."

She mentions. Not long after, Artifice Siren descends and begins patrolling the area, making observations and so on. The area of the mountain begins expanding as well, more structures being made by the Elementals shaping the land.

"I do not know why they have summoned us here, but I believe I have found my goal."

As the man witnesses more soldiers file into the fray, some slowly healing, he releases a 'tch'

"So, you refuse to engage me directly... Very well. IF YOU CALL THAT LEADERSHIP, THEN PREPARE TO FACE ME ALONE!"

He releases a mighty swing again, spinning around in a circle to completely tear through her forces... Except, this time, even those with nonlethal wounds fail to heal... Something that man is doing is negating their ability to regenerate. He moves forth, continuing to tear through her forces until she pulls out her Briah, opening fire. He barely has time to react as he's caught mid swing, forcing him to just raise his hand and block with his palm. A massive blast of fire envelops his form as a result, concealing their vision for a moment.

By the time it clears, it's obvious his hand is broken, and his soul was noticeably damaged from the impact.

"Grr... Very well. Even if I am not fond of your tactics, you are not to be underestimated... But all the same... If you are to rely on a simple mass of bodies to achieve anything... Do you truly believe you yourself will be hardened enough to face your country's hardships?"
"Its not that I only can use the masses, it's doing things tactically. Rushing into close quarters with you wouldn't work out very well unless I either get your movements down first, or injure you in some way first, and that's why I fought how I did just now."

"I have the power to face threats alone, of that I am sure, but if I relied blindly on my own strength, I'd find an opponent I couldn't beat like that." She reasons

"So to answer your question, yes, I believe I will be hardened enough to face those hardships."

"If you wish to continue, I can face you myself instead of retreating behind my soldiers, I didn't expect that tactic to continue working anyway."

Dy1 tries to check for his pockets for money, as he smiles. "Yeah!"
He's entirely empty, however...

"I've got you covered, hee-ho!"

Concrehee-ho raises about 20 coins, inscribed with a shape akin to the light in the sky.

... Though he is just barely too short to even reach the counter, with said money.

"Its not that I only can use the masses, it's doing things tactically. Rushing into close quarters with you wouldn't work out very well unless I either get your movements down first, or injure you in some way first, and that's why I fought how I did just now."

"I have the power to face threats alone, of that I am sure, but if I relied blindly on my own strength, I'd find an opponent I couldn't beat like that." She reasons

"So to answer your question, yes, I believe I will be hardened enough to face those hardships."

"If you wish to continue, I can face you myself instead of retreating behind my soldiers, I didn't expect that tactic to continue working anyway."
"Your wisdom is admirable, but all leaders require strength beyond the way they can utilize their men. If that is your answer, then face me!"

He takes a few steps back, and with his non-broken hand, tries to mess with the bones of the other and get them to properly heal back, to which they do within a few moments. He doesn't heal any of his other injuries though... Is he worried about not having enough power to heal when it really counts? His soul is entirely untouched, maybe that's a simple matter of a limitation to his capabilities.

Either way, it is her move now. She has responded with words, now comes actions.

"......Hm. Even if I used a blast here, I don't want to cause unnecessary damage on this land. I'm not a brute after all...."

Jozu lightly touches the ground.

"I'm just lightly shaking this terrain, once they're outside, please attack them."

By focusing his energy on his palms and controlling it to the ground, Jozu transfers his energy to deep below and with precision, destroying the stable ground around the Pillaworms without causing much damage to the underground itself. By applying 'bloodlust' in his energy, the Pillaworms feel danger from the shakings.

He's entirely empty, however...

"I've got you covered, hee-ho!"

Concrehee-ho raises about 20 coins, inscribed with a shape akin to the light in the sky.

... Though he is just barely too short to even reach the counter, with said money.
"Ah thank you! However, let me help with that!!" Dy1 lifts Concrehee-ho with a smile, to give him more height for the counter.

"Very well. Your cooperation is accepted."

She mentions. Not long after, Artifice Siren descends and begins patrolling the area, making observations and so on. The area of the mountain begins expanding as well, more structures being made by the Elementals shaping the land.

"I do not know why they have summoned us here, but I believe I have found my goal."
The expansion is speed up thanks to the man's presence.

"I do belive i've found mine as well."

He replies as does a everso slight smile. He would then move begin using his sensory abilities to survail the area of the moutain, as he simultaneusly also creates a some more than a dozen clones, which head out to serve as further security, though not all of them.

"By the way, i do not think we presented ourselves to one another, so shall we ?"

The mertial arts boy asks to the mechanical-like girl.

@DMUA

4 of Jiraya's clones start exploring the world, heading each in a separate cardinal direction in comparation to the mountain.

Last edited:
"Introductions, yes. Hmm. I do not seem to have a name designation. Only one of us three does."

She replied, sounding slightly confused at her own words.

"Your wisdom is admirable, but all leaders require strength beyond the way they can utilize their men. If that is your answer, then face me!"

He takes a few steps back, and with his non-broken hand, tries to mess with the bones of the other and get them to properly heal back, to which they do within a few moments. He doesn't heal any of his other injuries though... Is he worried about not having enough power to heal when it really counts? His soul is entirely untouched, maybe that's a simple matter of a limitation to his capabilities.

Either way, it is her move now. She has responded with words, now comes actions.
Her remaining men part, leaving an open path for her, so they didn't get in the way. After a few loud barks, even the two headed, half blindfolded giant black dog sat down and watched.

The tank's barrel adjusts slightly, seemingly aiming lower, towards a leg perhaps. And the instant that's done, she makes her move. Serena imbues her sword with the cancel dream, and dashes in, teleporting once to close the distance and arrive towards the opponent's side, rather than the front, her reason for this was due to the second shot which could be heard, resulting in another shell flying in from her relic. Hoping he's distracted by trying to avoid this, she swings towards his weapon with the blade, trying to erase the weapon.

With his speed still greatly amplified, he relies on his hearing after the flash of light, weaving away from the assaults with grace as unleashes a massive blast of fire over the entire area, burning both of them greatly and serving to blind them.

"Huh... Didn't feel this smooth before things went south. Guess you've got to have some moves if you're in the post apocalypse."

“EYESAREFORTHEWEAK.

With the Mandarin’s hindsight(Utilizing both the Precog from Gaunter or Janus’s Instinctive Reactions),he foresaw this outcome happening and mitigated some of the burns into his jelly carcass with it. Despite his retinas briefly crisped by the blast,he still sensed the man’s aura.Everything was felt,to the smell of the rust on the man’s gun,his heart beat and vibrations within the air,and the heat that radiated off his breath.The burden of his wounds grafted upon his summon,with their skin bubbling back into their skin again.

“YOUR FLAMES WILL NEVER ACHE MORE THAN THE PAINS OF LIVING”

Gusts of fecal vapor extinguish the remnants of the flame. Castrating the fire and transmuting the smoke it spewed into a tar bog.

NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Through the pitch abyss generated by the extinguished flames,screeching piercing the senses.Gnawing the minds and hearing of those caught within its endless domain. It’s voice gave no direction,despite covering the area.Nothing can be heard through it, your own words crushed by its oppressive pain.

The Mandarin warps a hundreds of meters into the air when the man had crossed the distance.Offering a duplicate in his place while cupping the attacker in a dome forcefield.The dome spewing a soft,pearly liquid that was frigid and harsh to mind. It absorbs the heat off the man’s body.

CRUCH

A large gaping pit etched onto the ground tears open,with the smoke filling its crevices within seconds.The now recovered summon coiling and extending her body in a serpatine manner within the dome. It wraps itself around him,her appendages forming dozens of pours that fired black homing orbs onto him.

The howling pitch fog began spewing dozens of chromatic avians and eels that wriggled towards him. Each firing homing orbs out of every part of their body,their attacks phasing through other summons.Smells of fish and old feces began to strike you

Away from the onslaught,the Mandarin duplicates a crowd of himself further outside the dome. Blending into the replicas,he furthers surrounds the dome with paralyzing electricity. The man’s muscles begin to tighten and slow while in the vicinity of it.

Last edited:
"Meanwhile, you may call me Jiraya."

He replies, as he moves his right hand to his chest to point at himself.

"Furthermore, yes, i would like to be presented to the other yous as swell if possible."

"Very well."

She began by shifting to her original form, the one they had perhaps seen before in a previous life.

"I am Agnaea"

She answered.

Then, she transformed again, into a new form. One that looked like this.

"And you may call me Lumea."

"There's three of us in total. We're all kind of different people."

Jiraya indeed remembered Agaea, though he also had saw her when he first arrived

Furthermore, he would notice that Agnaea seemed more focused on the Fire element and Lumea on the Light element, though it was pretty clear from their names alone, while Machina seemed much more well rounded. He will sure have a lot more to learn from each of them though.

"If the three of you are different people, then why do you share the same body ?"

He would ask, being very curious about it.

"We're different, yet the same as well. We all share the same origin. The being that gave us these abilities inadvertently caused this, and so we are. Separating each other would mean losing something, and none of us want that, so we're like this."

Lumea explained.

"I see, that is very fashinating and quite odd, i wonder what was the cause of the split."

Jiraya replies as his curiosity grows more.

"Would the three of you be willing to tell me what you each think of the other two personas ?"

Last edited:
"Eh, maybe. Our opinions on each other might be a bit weird, though. We're also all awake the entire time, and can talk to each other when we're like this. Those spirits should be getting back soon too. Maybe Siren will have found something too."

@DMUA

[Asking if the spirits show up anytime soon, and if Siren finds anything else unusual while surveying the surroundings]

"Eh, maybe. Our opinions on each other might be a bit weird, though. We're also all awake the entire time, and can talk to each other when we're like this. Those spirits should be getting back soon too. Maybe Siren will have found something too."
"I would still like to know them even if they are weird, as they would help understand the relationship between you better."

"Also, my clones should have probably have found something at this point too."

@DMUA

[do either the clones at the mountain or those exploring the world find anything ?]

"Ah thank you! However, let me help with that!!" Dy1 lifts Concrehee-ho with a smile, to give him more height for the counter.
In the distance you hear "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN'SINGONYAMA BAGITHI BABA!", followed by the rest of the lyrics to the circle of life

Now that he has become e l e v a t e d, Concrehee-ho puts about 5 coins down.

"... Ah, it seems you have a trustworthy buddy. You wanted the chocolate cake, yes?"
4 of Jiraya's clones start exploring the world, heading each in a separate cardinal direction in comparation to the mountain.
[It'll probably take awhile for this to yield anything and honestly I haven't solidified the geographic position of Phoenix's base so I'll give you a result on this later]
[Asking if the spirits show up anytime soon, and if Siren finds anything else unusual while surveying the surroundings]
[This will also take some time]
[... Backtrack where?]

[You expect me to generate your action where you aren't really doing anything significant.]
The tank's barrel adjusts slightly, seemingly aiming lower, towards a leg perhaps. And the instant that's done, she makes her move. Serena imbues her sword with the cancel dream, and dashes in, teleporting once to close the distance and arrive towards the opponent's side, rather than the front, her reason for this was due to the second shot which could be heard, resulting in another shell flying in from her relic. Hoping he's distracted by trying to avoid this, she swings towards his weapon with the blade, trying to erase the weapon.
The maneuver definitely takes him aback, as he witnesses the pincer attack unfold... To be sure, it is a clever assault, but one his battle hardened senses are ready for.

He swiftly dashes to the side, just barely evading her swing as the shell zooms across his vision. You can clearly see that, even if he was able to swiftly avoid your attacks, he's been put off his footing... Perhaps he's all the more dangerous now cornered, but in turn, you are more dangerous. Strike boldly.

(Utilizing both the Precog from Gaunter or Janus’s Instinctive Reactions)
[You mean the precog that's restricted and the instinctive reaction that won't help if you're nearly blitzed, like what is the case here due to his speed amping?]

The barrier is cut in twane nigh instantly by another weapon the man had brought out... some kind of energy blade, it seemed?

No time to think, as with his other hand, he raised his gun and fired a high speed blast crackling with electricity as it did before, as a flash of reddish light covers his body a few times. You can feel his attack power increasing by quite a bit.

Now that he has become e l e v a t e d, Concrehee-ho puts about 5 coins down.

"... Ah, it seems you have a trustworthy buddy. You wanted the chocolate cake, yes?"
"Yes please!" Dy1 says with a smile, still holding Concrehee-ho. "And yeah, they're a trustworthy friend!"

[... Backtrack where?]

[You expect me to generate your action where you aren't really doing anything significant.]
(I go Backtrack since I don't need the spirits because that light feeds me as you describe)

"Maybe it was a bad idea to separate from Jake, I better look for others" said frank as he returned to sit on his motorcycle

[Alright now what do you do? You're on your motorcycle, city's still mostly barren.]

"I don't think I can answer that yet. Don't want us to get mad at each other or anything like that. You can ask something else if you want."

Lumea answered.

Back