• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anya get's some reaction speed

So, chapter 15 Anya and Damian jumps in front of her to protect her from the ball after It is trowed in the middle air as It traveled
Iu5dNwbFAstc8L2ZcLUn1626170415.jpg
hcQCoFSW3S994C4Dj2RY1626170415.jpg
2kTKjL06sHPLsLrZpqVC1626170416.jpg

A quick serch game this result, adodge ball beingh trowed averge speed is 80 km/h

Bill is a really strongh kid that is so buffed and big he don't look like a kid and was blitzing every one on the other team with his trows before and this was a full force torw that was stated "this gota hurt" so I think saying he could at least get to this speed with that trow should be fair

Anya probable has better speed feats but sinse I don't really read or wahtch spy family I wouldn't know

any way, Anya probable downscale from It sinse she could at least flinch to the ball aproching and should be somewhat coparable to damian

any way, anya should get "superhuman reaction speed" from reacting to the ball and downscaling from damian

thanks Expectro2000xxx for showing anya dodge ball to me in a vs battle​

I just made the calc and aparently It's a subsonic feat, wow

Last edited:
The speed figure looks fine, as it was actually tested out here; however, it should be noted that dodgeballs are typically thrown from across the court. While official courts are very small (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodgeball ), it should be noted that school gymnasiums typically use basketball courts for dodgeball, which is quite a bit large and thus allowing more room for people to react: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_court

I already mentioned this long ago in the discussion thread, the reason of why wasn't added before is simply because I (or others) didn't calced Billy feats nor Damian ones in the dodge ball play (partially because I made the commemt at the end of the year in the middle of the holy days).
So, since I began to read the manga recently I'm also rewatching simultaneously the anime not only to enjoy again this masterpiece of entertainment but also to see feats, and looking again at the dodgeball episode I got curious if someone had calculated (or tried to) the feats throwing the ball.

The one from the kid (Bill) is something that would scale to Damian, who also btw was able to make steam come out from throwing a ball and broke the sound barrier (and Bill also seemed to do that various times in the game). This would likely also end scaling to Anya since she is able to hurt/make cry Damian with one hit, and even the rest of professionaly trained adults should scale since kids in verse can do crazy things like this.
(Apparently some of the youtube links were took down but isn't hard to find the scenes by just searching in youtube spy x family dodge ball episode or something like that)

The speed figure looks fine, as it was actually tested out here; however, it should be noted that dodgeballs are typically thrown from across the court. While official courts are very small (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodgeball ), it should be noted that school gymnasiums typically use basketball courts for dodgeball, which is quite a bit large and thus allowing more room for people to react: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_court
This doesn't look like a basketball court, though.Also keep in mind spy family exists in a fictionalized version of germany

I already mentioned this long ago in the discussion thread, the reason of why wasn't added before is simply because I (or others) didn't calced Billy feats nor Damian ones in the dodge ball play (partially because I made the commemt at the end of the year in the middle of the holy days).
well, Damian reacted to the ball mid fly, I may be able to calculating using half of the firld using Anya hight to get the field lenght, don't really know if It's needed trough

also, I doubt half of the fieldd has more them 22 meters (80 Km/h is 22,2222 m/s)

1. Couldn't you use the sonic boom or the afterimages thing as the speed of the ball? After all in the same play is show how Billy throws do such things. Doing a ap calc with those speed would also give interesting results (high end 9-C iirc), though Billy training scene would give higher results (and would honestly be interesting the force get from such throws but whatever).
  2. Also, the image you are using to scale is from pages before when Damian friend still were in the game so I think is better to just use to scale the page before where Damian is show besides Anya in the floor and the page before that where is show the distance between Billy and them.
And yes, Anya scale to Damian, after all she is physically above him and have actually received more training that him due to Yor (also no joke, the training Damian had before the play was hilarous lol).

1. Couldn't you use the sonic boom or the afterimages thing as the speed of the ball? After all in the same play is show how Billy throws do such things. Doing a ap calc with those speed would also give interesting results (high end 9-C iirc), though Billy training scene would give higher results (and would honestly be interesting the force get from such throws but whatever).
  2. Also, the image you are using to scale is from pages before when Damian friend still were in the game so I think is better to just use to scale the page before where Damian is show besides Anya in the floor and the page before that where is show the distance between Billy and them.
And yes, Anya scale to Damian, after all she is physically above him and have actually received more training that him due to Yor (also no joke, the training Damian had before the play was hilarous lol).
****! okay, I should use this image instead I guess...
hcQCoFSW3S994C4Dj2RY1626170415.jpg

I'm not interested on getting the AP here, only the reaction speed... well, I'm gonna need to calc with the lower distance them I gues... one sec
At least the distance betwing Anya and billy should still be the same sinse anya didn't moved the entire ime from the place she was

Hum... this is betteer to get Anya position
https://img.spoilerhat.com/img/?url=https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/30419/015.0/compressed/c018.jpg

I'm not interested on getting the AP here, only the reaction speed... well, I'm gonna need to calc with the lower distance them I gues... one sec
I'm mostly mentioning the AP part because it would be killing two birds with one ball (baddum tss) as a KE calc would just need the speed of the ball and its mass (dodgeball weight in average 140g=0.14kg). I'm also mentioning the other Billy feats in hope that someone cof cof @Flashlight237 cof cof would want to calc it.

I'm mostly mentioning the AP part because it would be killing two birds with one ball (baddum tss) as a KE calc would just need the speed of the ball and its mass (dodgeball weight in average 140g=0.14kg). I'm also mentioning the other Billy feats in hope that someone cof cof @Flashlight237 cof cof would want to calc it.
so what speed would you recomend me to use for the dodge ball?

I'm remaking the calc, I can make one for each speed value them

and how should I mention you in there? sinse It was your recomendation

so what speed would you recomend me to use for the dodge ball?

I'm remaking the calc, I can make one for each speed value them

and how should I mention you in there? sinse It was your recomendation
343m/s.

Just mention 'thanks to @Expectro2000xxx for bring to attention the feat and help with the calculation' or something like that I guess.
How fast are afterimages?
From the afterimages page:
These are usually used to emphasize fast movement, and are often used in combat to mislead opponents as to the actual location of the user. It naturally occurs when a character is moving too quickly for the eye to track accurately, causing the brain to incorrectly process these images. At best, the only speed such feats can qualify for in themselves is in the Subsonic range
So baseline Subsonic (34.3m/s) should be fine.

The speed used wasn't m/s, It was Cm/s sinse every thing was calculated using Cm's too
I suppose this is an answer to Flash comment in the blog about the conversion, but just in case want to point that the comment to which you answered was one he did in response to Marsh thing (which I also believe is completely irrelevant to the discussion).

I suppose this is an answer to Flash comment in the blog about the conversion, but just in case want to point that the comment to which you answered was one he did in response to Marsh thing (which I also believe is completely irrelevant to the discussion).
It is, meh, I didn't understood one thing you wrote after the first 12 words

Btw, 80km/h isn't 8000 cm/s, is 2222.22cm/s (just use google for that or any other calculator).
No, I said baseline Subsonic since 34.3m/s is baseline Subsonic, high end is 171.5m/s.
A sonic boom speed is 1235 km/h or 34305.56 Cm/s sinse we are using Cm here

After images are 34.3 m/s or 34300 cm/s
Also 343m/s (sound barrier) is 34300cm/s while 34.3m/s (baseline Subsonic) is 3430cm/s

And since I already calculated the KE in the discussion thread when I brought the feats the calc is like this:
KE = 0.5 * 0.14 * 343^2 = 8235.43 joules (9-C+), so at the very least all the throws with sonic booms give those numbers, but pretty sure that Bill throw against the streetlight give higher results (since it bended the streetlight after break four wood targets).

I have no idea how I got to 8000 as a result
I can sort of imagine what you did to get that, but it was obviously wrong, the most surprising part was actually how you didn't noticed anything wrong after Flash comment though I can also understand how that could happen.
I'm confused, how fast is a sonic boom in Cm/s and after images in Cm/s?
Also 343m/s (sound barrier) is 34300cm/s while 34.3m/s (baseline Subsonic) is 3430cm/s

Another option which honestly is more easy is that you just use m/s for everything, which is normally what people do in calcs (myself included).

I'm getting crazy from looking this calc... I need to find a calculator that uses "." instead of "," this is making me confused whem calculating

Why are you using the calced speed of Damian for the KE of the ball? Those two things are unreleated, after all the KE use the speed of the ball itself instead of speed Damian needed to cover to protect Anya. With the different speeds and using the formula the results are the following:
Low-End KE = 0.5 * 0.14 * 22.22222222^2 = 34.5679 joules (10-C+)
Mid-End KE = 0.5 * 0.14 * 34.3^2 = 82.3543 joules (10-B+)
High-End KE = 0.5 * 0.14 * 343^2 = 8235.43 joules (9-C+)

Why are you using the calced speed of Damian for the KE of the ball? Those two things are unreleated, after all the KE use the speed of the ball itself instead of speed Damian needed to cover to protect Anya. With the different speeds and using the formula the results are the following:
For sheer dumb ass and tired ness, I will fix It

fixed

trough now I wonder... how good good would dimian moving there be in kinetick energy?
It wouldn't really matter since he didn't tackle anything, furthermore from the talks in previous staff threads (specifically the one that wanted to greatly increase the 10-B limit) humans don't really scale to the full yield of the KE of their bodies due to how humans are build and physics, so it would be useless regardless.

That aside, honestly the KE result that makes more sense is the high end one, and I don't actually say this because of be an upgrade, I genuinely believe so based on just how absurd the shockwave of the ball was, which wouldn't really happen with less than a hundred joules levels of energy (I honestly would even calc the ap based on the shocwave of the impact but I don't know how one calc that and seems like a lot of problems to do).

same, just the fact damian was really hurted by the ball make It fair to me to use that end, specially sinse another ball by bill bended a metal pole in his traning

Back