• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So Anya is more or less a kindergartener, right? Why not pit her against something from a kindergarten: the Opila Bird. I largely think the Opila Bird is around rhea or emu sized. Granted the Banban wiki listed size figures, but those are unsourced and rampant vandalism makes the Banban wiki unreliable.

Anya currently sits at 3555 joules while the Opila Bird sits at 2138 joules thanks to a recent CRT I did. At first, Anya would be a shoe-in with her 1.663x AP advantage, but the Opila Bird has bird talons (as shown with the claw marks it left in the pit) and a beak, giving it some sort of piercing damage. Speedwise, the closest age to Anya's that has some decent athletic deals and thus records is 7 years, in which case 35 seconds for 100 meters sprinting (2.857 m/s) and 1 mile in 10 minutes (2.682 m/s) is considered fast for someone that age. Opila Bird is at least 1.75x faster than Anya in this regard.

Anya has gotten some basic self-defense training from Yor, although Yor's an idiot when it doesn't come to killing, so idk how that's gonna work. Anya does have telepathy, which allows her to figure out which penguin out of 200 is the right penguin, so she should be able to handle birds like the Opila Bird. Opila Bird tends to stalk like a lion or some shit in combat, so... Yeah. Normally, a range of... Apparently 3 or so meters is as far as Anya's telepathy can go, although with concentration, she can detect shit from across a cruise ship which... Just the Disney Magic alone has a length of 300 meters: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Magic

And don't get me started on Royal Caribbean ships: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Caribbean_International

Intelligence-wise, her best bit was her setting up Loid and Yor. She can set up a few traps here and there as well. Beyond that... Enhh...

Anyway, both combatants are 10 meters away from each other, but beyond that, it's full-on SBA.

Here are their profiles:

Anya's Profile
Opila Bird's Profile

Who takes this?

HUGS!: 3 (JmikaelP, MyGuy, Tllmbrg)
A Killer Bird: 1 (TheMassivlyUnkn0wn)
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
I think that Anya win, because his hax. Anya reads mind and can prevent their attacks and know his movement. Also, if she wants to hide from him, she can do it and she will know where is the bird with his powers. Even If Opila use his camouflage to attach her, Anya can read her mind only if it can think for his own.

damnit someone already made their arguments

Eh whatever at least it’s for the opposing side. I’ll try to argue for the biggest bird soon

I think the only problem is that anya isn't just a iron nerves girl, she would be scared as hell from the bird tring to actually kill her, and she also does a lot of mistakes even reading minds

alright let me get my arguments in the birds favor;

I'd argue the AP edge Anya has is kinda irrelevant as Opila has piercing damage, same reason why a knife would do more damage to someone than punching them. So I'd say it's a non factor

Without that, Opila holds a physical edge being faster by 1.75x, along with a mobility edge to boot. And will likely be landing the first hit as I'd assume Anya would be scared of the bird.

So yeah voting the biggest bird you've ever heard.

I'll vote for Anya since she has the stat edge and is able to read Ophila's mind to predict all their actions

Unfortunetly the bird first move is camuflage, staying still to look like decoration and observe the pray, so anya has a extreme advantage thanks to that sinse she will know the bird is alive and agresive
Oh yeah also camouflage probably won’t be the first move given that they’re like. 10 meters apart. And Opila has a huge chance to just rush her down
I'll vote for Anya since she has the stat edge and is able to read Ophila's mind to predict all their actions
I also would like to mention that yes, reading minds is neat and whatnot. But just because she can read that Opila is gonna strike doesn’t mean she can counter it fully. Opila is capable of overpowering grown adults. (Also from what I know Anya hasn’t shown any mind reading of animals, even though Opila isn’t even a bird she’s a lab experiment iirc, but still)

And the stat edge isn’t as big of a deal as people are making it up to be. Not only does Opila have a bigger speed edge (speed isn’t equalized here). But the piercing damage like I’ve said before is able to make up for it.

as I said in my original post regarding piercing damage, it’s essentially when stabbing someone is more potent than punching someone

Oh yeah also camouflage probably won’t be the first move given that they’re like. 10 meters apart. And Opila has a huge chance to just rush her down
I mean, opalia was a lot closer to the player too and choose camouflage, and she can be standing completly still if she is 10 meters apart from anya
(Also from what I know Anya hasn’t shown any mind reading of animals, even though Opila isn’t even a bird she’s a lab experiment iirc, but still)
she readed the mind of a bunch of penguins, It's even on her profile

as I see, opalia stay still, anya aproches and starts to punch the bird as opalia think she was camuflaged

(Also from what I know Anya hasn’t shown any mind reading of animals, even though Opila isn’t even a bird she’s a lab experiment iirc, but still)
That's false, she has shown reading the minds of various animals, even being able to share future visions with her dog (Her pet dog can see the future)
And the stat edge isn’t as big of a deal as people are making it up to be. Not only does Opila have a bigger speed edge (speed isn’t equalized here). But the piercing damage like I’ve said before is able to make up for it.
A child can react to an average human just fine, and Anya will be able to predict all of Ophilia's attacks so it is doubful the bird will land a hit

Regardless, how I see it is that Anya will land a single hit and then Opila actually starts attacking, I’m also kind of skeptical on Anya using her mind reading in a combat setting? I’m not doubtful that she hasn’t. But still. From what I’m aware it’s also not really a passive ability, more so something she actually has to tap into. And when she’s being attacked by a bloodlusted bird who is trying to kill her. I don’t THINK it’d be something on her mind?

i cant believe we are actually having a serious debate here lmao

Anyway, as far im concerned as long anya is looking at her target she will be able to read its mind

I do have a question tho, how heavy is this bird?

Because depending of how heavy its, anya could potentially hit it so hard that it sends it flying, giving her some time to breath

i cant believe we are actually having a serious debate here lmao

Anyway, as far im concerned as long anya is looking at her target she will be able to read its mind

I do have a question tho, how heavy is this bird?

Because depending of how heavy its, anya could potentially hit it so hard that it sends it flying, giving her some time to breath
The bird probable should weight the same as a adult human sinse It's a flightless bird

and opalia bird has never been show to be in a combat It don't just overpower the oponent

nd when she’s being attacked by a bloodlusted bird who is trying to kill her
Opalia bird isn't bloodlusted, even whem hunting the player It just does a slowly walks around

as I see, the bird start starts standing perfectly still, anya notices It's alive, aproches and give the bird a heavy punch in the head, the bird is dizzed by the punch, try to atack with It's legs, anya dodge sinse the bird is dizzy from the punch so his atacks are less accrated and slower, anya them keeps punching the bird untill It is nocked out

I would give It to Opalia if she started directly "hunting" but sinse she start with camouflage to observe the behaviour of It's target first (sise It just start going after the player at the end of the game after the player had given a lot of oportunities to the bird to atack) anya mind reading would work to make her know the statue is alive and agressive

I don't think she can use It to predict opalia atacks, especially sinse we don't even know how much of what opalia does is planed and how much is instinct, also anya has no experience on using her telephatic powers to dodge atacks

Voting Anya

I don't really care about Anya fights because I see her as one of those characters that shouldn't have matches, but wanted to correct a few things.
I also would like to mention that yes, reading minds is neat and whatnot. But just because she can read that Opila is gonna strike doesn’t mean she can counter it fully. Opila is capable of overpowering grown adults. (Also from what I know Anya hasn’t shown any mind reading of animals, even though Opila isn’t even a bird she’s a lab experiment iirc, but still)

The grown adults part is sort of unimportant as she already scale above irl trained adults, not to mention that trained childrens in Spy x Family are way above the irl trained adults. Also as other mentioned, she can read animal minds, in her profile there is the peguin feat, but there also exist the example with her pet dog (who can see the future due to experiments) and even other normals animals (like a cow or a bulldog when she was playing for the first time with her dog in the park).

I mean, thanks to her telepathy she could dodge the throws of another kid like Billy (who can make after-images, sonic booms and other things with his throws, on top of also make each shot based on his precise mental calculations), so a bit of a speed difference isn't really that significant due to her telepathy.
Regardless, how I see it is that Anya will land a single hit and then Opila actually starts attacking, I’m also kind of skeptical on Anya using her mind reading in a combat setting? I’m not doubtful that she hasn’t. But still. From what I’m aware it’s also not really a passive ability, more so something she actually has to tap into. And when she’s being attacked by a bloodlusted bird who is trying to kill her. I don’t THINK it’d be something on her mind?
Her telepathy is passive, is why she can't be around crowds (because there are so many thoughts that she get sick), similarly is due to that that she don't withstand be around Fionna or Yuri (as their thoughts are so obsessive that she get sick) or why she discovered that a dog had futuresight, heck most of the times she read a mind in the story ae from her passively reading other thoughts instead of her actively trying to read someone.

Oh, I didn't remenberd that, well, this kid is thinking of what direction he will trow the ball to her, opalia probable will just think like "PEAK!! CLAW!!! MURDER!! EAT!!!"
She should still be able to know the direction to where she will go, as she have show to read animals minds and they need some thinking to decide to where to move.

She should still be able to know the direction to where she will go, as she have show to read animals minds and they need some thinking to decide to where to move.
I mean, opalia bird seen to try only to walk in the prey direction, so not like she would need

but still, sinse opalia starts with camufladge I don't think It matters a lot

I mean, opalia bird seen to try only to walk in the prey direction, so not like she would need

but still, sinse opalia starts with camufladge I don't think It matters a lot
I mean, animals could be less intelligent but they still need to think to move (like, their brains physically send signals to act like humans), so Anya should be able to know the direction to where she will move and her general actions, I don't mean she would get a super clear mental image like with the humans examples but at least a general image.

Anya would know her position (due to hear her throughts) though.

I mean, animals could be less intelligent but they still need to think to move (like, their brains physically send signals to act like humans), so Anya should be able to know the direction to where she will move and her general actions, I don't mean she would get a super clear mental image like with the humans examples but at least a general image.

Anya would know her position (due to hear her throughts) though.
fair, fair, guess this make sense, you gonna vote?

i still dont think this whole mind reading this plays into anya's favor, yes it's passive, yes it may be useful. but it just. doesn't stop her from being attacked.

just because i would be able to read someones mind and they were about to lets say; fire a bullet at me, that doesnt mean i can react to the bullet. yes anya COULD react to Opila, but the bird is still faster so they'll eventually catch up

i still dont think this whole mind reading this plays into anya's favor, yes it's passive, yes it may be useful. but it just. doesn't stop her from being attacked.

just because i would be able to read someones mind and they were about to lets say; fire a bullet at me, that doesnt mean i can react to the bullet. yes anya COULD react to Opila, but the bird is still faster so they'll eventually catch up
As I said, opalia bird starting with camuflage means anya can punch her in the head to make the bird dizzy and atack slower for a while, also a dodge ball can move at 80 km/h to 99 km/h. also she just react before the atack ocours

fair, fair, guess this make sense, you gonna vote?
I didn't wanted to vote because as I stated I don't really are a fan of Anya having fights as I'm someone who consider she shouldn't have matches (due to her characters and the fact she is a child), however after read the manga and with the recent terrorist arc I have noticed how when it actually matters she can be brave so based on that and SBA (the characters have a motive to fight and want to win) I'm finding myself able to see her somewhat fighting with the intention to actually win, so I could vote for Anya.

No, but it certainly help her to dodge and know Opila location, which is actually something considerable.

The fact that you are using as comparison a bullet which is several dozen times faster than the irl fastest man alive is a bit ridiculous, the difference between Opila and Anya isn't anything even close to the gap of your example, but regardless of your bad example I showed how thanks to her telepathy Anya have be able to dodge things quite fast (like, again, the ******* Billy was able to create afterimages and sonic booms just with his throws), so in this situation where the speed difference isn't that big is something that help a lot Anya ability to dodge.

Though even if you aren't convinced that that would be enough to make Anya win then you can just vote for Opila, nothing prevent you from that.

Someone ought to do a CRT for Anya's speed, but wow. Can't believe I legitimately sparked a debate over Banban of all things.

Back