• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another user is leaving. Go figure.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Warning: This might come off as triggering to some people. This thread isn't meant to cause drama and this is simply just a farewell thread.

I’m not going to beat around the damn bush here. This community, the Vs Battles Wiki, sucks. You’ve heard the reasoning from other members, like MrKingOfNegativity. This system is corrupt and has been corrupted for years, and I've been here long enough to know that. There are a lot of things wrong with this website, like with it favoring staff over regular users. I would genuinely be surprised if that ever gets fixed, or are we really just doomed unless some random miracle happens.

Not going to say that my entire experience here on FANDOM has been bad, far from it actually. During my time here I’ve made a number of friends, like GojiBoyForever (he left the wiki as well), Roachman40, HeadlessKramerGeoff777, Christian Higdon, etc. Plus, this place and YouTube videos from people like SethTheProgrammer have made me realize how much I enjoy powerscaling. It really has become a hobby of mine, so thanks. However the bad outweighs the good, but I’m not going to dwell too deep into that. I think being here has made me worse as a human being, I’ve done a lot of bad things here (what human hasn’t, let's be real. Guarantee that the majority of the population here has done something that can be considered “degenerate”, it’s the internet after all). That I would have never done back before I arrived here. I have come here looking for something fun to get my mind off the real world, like when I first arrived I was already in a bad state, with someone I was in a relationship disappearing only to come back a few months later to ditch and ghost me. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn’t, and sometimes it REALLY didn't (Still haunts me to this day). I'm also really getting bored of this website, it simply isn't as amusing as it was before. At times it felt more like a really annoying job that doesn't pay well then a hobby/place of enjoyment.

Looking back at everything, I have left a mark here. I’ve done a few things here that left some impact. Like that recent Tier 2 DOOM revision thread. Axxtentacle, my brother, pretty much spearheaded it but I was the one that got him into DOOM and showed him some Tier 2 scaling that can be applied to him (because this wiki is filled with downplaying troglodytes, just look at the Dragon Ball instance). Also this one time back before I was first banned here, me and Goji disbanded an organized group of trolls that were attacking this wiki overnight, infiltrated their Discord group and everything. It was hilarious. I also created this one Slappy emoji that became decently popular recently, like in servers like Vs Central and Versus Villa, and I know people in The Julianforce use it as well. Blah blah blah. I have done a lot here but I'm not gonna go over everything for the sake of everyone's sanity and the length of this thread.

I wish goodbye to those that have been pleasant to be around, and I say good riddance to those I have had a negative history with (not gonna call them out because I respect their privacy). I’m expecting this to get absolutely bombed or just fall into obscurity. I might come back (if I’m that miserable, or for that really cool new Goosebumps tv coming out soon. Really want to make a Slappy profile for that). But that’s unlikely. I will still comment on CRTs that I am a part of behind the scenes but that’s about it.

This has been Gewsbumpz dude (Gews, Jewsbumpz dude, whatever), sayōnara Goosetards.

I see you pressing that like button passive aggressively

Last edited:
Take care

I can't disagree that the community can get really toxic, though I do have different reasons. And also some of the points are true; though I'd argue that plenty of other communities are far worse. But I'd avoid calling them out, and some of the people who do attack on the wiki are just as bad if not worse than some of the worst staff members we ever had. That being said, those aren't excuses for staff members or former staff members to have the final say all the time, or for former staff to take advantage over the whole, "They used to be a lot more helpful and contributive" as a means to do or say whatever they want without getting banned. As opposed to something like, "They still are helpful and contributive and actively mean well and try to be openminded or considerate to otherwise overlooked regular users."

But yes, MrKing and Goji did say some things that are true as well as you did. And I pretty much agree that Mob mentalities, staff/former-staff extremists, ect are both equally problematic. Which is why the hard working middle-ground people are the ones who deserve to be in charge if anyone. And it is no fun if someone ends of being seen as an enemy on both sides despite being one of the few people who actually wanted to maintain the balance of the community. And it's sometimes not hard to see why people are so overstressed despite people not being aware or considerate enough.

But anyway, I do think you will be missed as I do recall you can be a fun person to talk. And that you've had some friends on the wiki. So all I can say is peace out.

I hope you do well whenever you go, but remember that we'll always be here if you change your mind.

Damn man, this was unexpected but understandable. I always thought you would outlast me. I know our friendship have some ups and downs during the beginning but I’m glad to have become your friend.

I really wish the wiki wasn't that much of a burden to you. Unfortunate that they are toxic places all over the internet. I understand where you're coming from. I really hope that things get better for you in the long run.

I largely agree with Medeus. Most staff members are doing our best to be as helpful and responsible as we can, but there have been notable exceptions.

We also don't have any better alternatives to what seems to be the most reliable members being made into staff, and then helping out by evaluating what revisions that should or should not be accepted, but that should definitely not be abused, as it is an important responsibility.

Also, like Medeus said, mob mentalities, that demonise staff in general just for being staff and trying to do their jobs, are also not good at all, and most other communities online, at least regarding powerscaling, are considerably more toxic than this one. At least we are mostly striving towards creating a friendly and collaborative environment here.

Anyway, goodbye and please take care of yourself. You are always welcome back if you should change your mind.

Goodbye - Son Goku.jpg

I don't blame you this place is a joke run by people who clearly wank their favorite verses and low-ball others, especially dragon ball their policies on them is atrocious

I don't blame you this place is a joke run by people who clearly wank their favorite verses and low-ball others, especially dragon ball their policies on them is atrocious
Ehh, while I do disagree with certain rules that they hold for characters here, that's massive hyperbole since some stuff make sense, since I'm curious, why don't you tell me about it in DMs.

Last edited:
I am boutta say sth im gonna get clapped for but

the concept of pitting one character against another and arguing for one's reasons to win is already gonna end up toxic.
It is basically "my dad is stronger than your dad". One doesn't like their favorite character losing and clearly not everyone can hold up a neutral position.
Heck, i am one of these a-holes who did some stuff. Whenever one of my fave characters was losing i'd get kinda toxic.
The last time i got angry at a loss like a freaking child was literally last year. What i realized since then is that what we're doing is pretty much pointless entertainment that often stops entertaining us. It's all play and no fun. So one thing imma probably start doing is, whenever i feel things get way too intense i just leave...who cares if x character loses, at least i will not get angry.
I legit do not know why i am still here...t's not like my words matter anyways, i made a kitaro verse and now im just doing essentially nothing...

Also there is a discord for vsbattles?

There are some grounds for criticism of us, but this is extremely slanted and exaggerated.

Most of the staff are just trying very hard to be helpful to this community and to keep it running properly, for no payment, so being nicer and a bit more grateful to them in general would help a lot.

Also, speaking personally, as one member pointed out to me recently, I don't think that I have even ever created a verse upgrade thread during my over 7 years here.

Anyway, if you hate this place so much, why did you even come here in the first place?

Also, the versus forum was started for people here to have fun on the side of their work with improving the quality of the wiki. If it stops being fun, they should switch to strictly visit the fun and games and general forums for relaxation purposes.

I would not say most of the staff are trying their best Ant, if they were many issues on this wiki would not be issues.

Let’s try to be realistic
Well, I would obviously appreciate if I received more consistent help from some of them, but the vast majority of the staff are at least trying to behave well and help out here and there.

Demanding that we should be perfect is completely unrealistic though. We try to pick the most reliable and sensible members for staff positions, but this is still largely an entertainment forum to start with, not a professional environment, so people cannot expect too much from us.

Saying that simply trying your best to make severe improvements on the wiki is not unrealistic, that mindset will kill the wiki.
Hell one guy who was leaving the wiki (King) suggested an important change that would severely assist the wiki’s change for the better.

So many people leaving are a sign things have to change, if they don’t, this will continue

Saying that simply trying your best to make severe improvements on the wiki is not unrealistic, that mindset will kill the wiki.
Hell one guy who was leaving the wiki (King) suggested an important change that would severely assist the wiki’s change for the better.

So many people leaving are a sign things have to change, if they don’t, this will continue
Really appreciate that coming from you, a former staff.

Again, I am working almost all my waking hours trying to be as helpful as I can to this community, and do not see any better alternatives to how we currently manage things.

I do not remotely think that improvements to the wiki are unrealistic, and have worked as hard as I can to do just that for 7 years now, but we need to finish previous ongoing projects via community help from volunteers, before we can start new ones.

Okay then, but nevertheless, I think that you and others seem to be demanding too much from me, as I would literally die from overwork and lack of sleep if I worked much harder to help the people in this community, but I still lack some common sense in terms of complicated social situations. I can try to gradually improve in this area, but not get a new brain.

Also, for the record, the community is far from dying. Both the forum and the wiki are receiving more views and visitors month by month, and it is natural that people eventually grow bored of old hobbies and new members come to gradually replace them... well, unless they are autistic and/or very loyal and dedicated like myself. Then they tend to stay around for considerably longer.

Autism doesn’t really dedicate you to something, you’d be interested in the site with or without it, especially at this stage.

Also, you are not the sole person on the wiki that has to work harder to implement things like this, trust your staff and relax

Autism tends to make you obsessively fixate on different things, but in this case I also like feeling like I am doing something useful for others.

Well, there are some tasks in the wiki that likely won't get properly done unless I help out with them, specifically daily edit-patrolling and content revisions organisation.

Last edited:
Aspergers does specifically but it only really goes so far, this is just from what I’ve experienced at least.

There are some good changes to wiki that can be made with other bureaucrats, I think you earned yourself a break for a while

Anyway, no more on this, it’s about Ned

I'm classified as autistic without intellectual impairments though, and it is common with such people being obsessed with certain subjects for at least decades, and as a result growing extremely skilled at them at times. I am uncertain if Aspergers is even used as a term for certain type of the autistic spectrum nowadays.

I cannot take true breaks. Nobody else will handle my specific part of the workload.

Anyway, yes, let's stop arguing here.

What are you arguing about
Criticism about how we are handing this community. I think that it is exaggerated, that we try very hard, that it is unrealistic to expect perfection from anything, and that we have picked the least bad solution in general, but others disagree.

Anyway, we have derailed enough already.

Yeah, I do not think that conversation was the most appropriate, but I will say some things.

Most of the staff do give their honest opinions with the intention of trying to help or benefit the community, literally each and every staff member has their own ideas of what fixes/improves the wiki or what will pretty much destroy the wiki. While I'm not going to call out names, there are a multiple of recently retired staff members to whom while I would never consider them people with the intent of destroying the wiki, they have often proposed things that are in my opinion routes that would destroy the wiki. There are a multitude of former staff members who pretty much think Dragon Ball is the only verse in fiction that is stronger than Tier 9 physically; which a few of them later did move to other communities have started to become even more diabolical. But even most other staff members known for those similar mindset aren't particularly as bad as they seemed.

But anyway, I agree with Antvasima that accusation wasn't necessary. Though it is true that most staff members only tend to be in to help out with specific verses and verse categories they are interested in. Most staff members are here as a hobby, which is honestly how it should be. And they shouldn't be forced to be active staff if being staff isn't fun for them. Me, Antvasima, AKM Sama, and a few others are among the only staff members who actually do basically feel like our duties as staff view them as actual jobs and that we even comment on verses and topics we're either unfamiliar or not the most interested in mostly because we love the community and enjoy helping out as best we can. So while I'm not the biggest fan of the delivery or timing of Schnee's comment, I do see merit in it and pretty much agree with some of the things he was trying to say.

But anyway, we should probably stay polite with each other and keep topics to friendly discussions.

Last edited:
just wanna say hope the op has good luck in future endeavors before I speak on the staff.

Ik I'm fairly new here but tbh the Staff I've interacted with and argued against get so much hate for simply no reason. Maybe it's the verse's I deal with but Mods like Kingtempest have really set the gold standard on what a mod should do on this wiki. just my two cents ik not all mods are good but keep in mind not everyone is bad either.

Last edited:
Back