• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anos Voldigoad's Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction discussion and possible revisions - Maou Gakuin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. This CRT was created to discuss and possibly revise certain parts of Anos Voldigoad's Magic Eye(s) of Chaotic Destruction (MEoCD).

I specifically want to discuss the following part of Anos' MEoCD:

Here is the relevant scan for the above feat that is used as an example (and justification):

エクエスの全身に魔力が集う。

「この三面世界<魔王庭園>から、汝に力を与えている秩序を奪う」

歯車仕掛けの集合神は、銅色の輝きに満ちていく。

「見るがいい、世界の異物よ。<運命の歯車>はとうに回り始めている。誰も彼も、この定めからは逃れられない。ベルテクスフェンブレムは、汝に一つの運命を強制する」

<運命の歯車>が、褐色の光を撒き散らす。

「敗北だ」

三面世界のあらゆる場所に銅の歯車が埋め込まれる。
空や地表、氷の街や、森、山々の至るところで、その<運命の歯車>が回り始めた。

「汝が身動きひとつすれば、三面世界<魔王庭園>は創世の秩序ごと脆く砕け散る。それこそが、ベルテクスフェンブレムがたった今定めた、決して逃れられず、決して覆すことのできない運命だ」

異質な秩序が、俺を包み込んでいる。
不気味な音を立てながら、<運命の歯車>が回っていた。

大きくエクエスは両手を掲げた。

「<世界のために運命はベルド・ラーゼ・フェンブ回るレム>」

ぎち、ぎち、ぎち、と銅の歯車が音を立てる。
ミーシャが創り出した三面世界の秩序を、それは無理矢理に歪めようとしていた。

「<運命の歯車>に圧し潰されよ、世界の異物よ」

歯車の魔法陣が描かれ、連結した銅の車輪が回転する。
激しく地表を砕きながら、それはみるみる巨大に膨れあがっていく。

「<神世歯車支配車輪ボロス・ヘテロ・アーヴィス>」

不気味な音を立てながら、氷の大地を砕き、銅の車輪がゆっくりと迫りくる。
回転する毎に巻き上がる褐色の火花が、三面世界を鮮やかに染め上げていく。

神の車輪が、この身を轢き裂かんとばかりに食い込もうとし、俺をそれを両手でわしづかみにしていた。

「――さあ、<運命の歯車>に従い、滅びのときだ。創造神の創りし、仮初めの世界よ」

エクエスが勝利を確信したかのように言った。

俺はそのまま<神世歯車支配車輪ボロス・ヘテロ・アーヴィス>を叩き落とし、思いきり踏み潰した。

大地を揺るがすほどの激しい音が響く。
<魔王庭園>は――滅びていない。

「……な…………」

一歩、俺はエクエスへ向かって足を踏み出す。

「………………な…………ぜ…………………………?」

呆然とエクエスは呟く。

「……なぜ……歩いている……? <世界のために運命はベルド・ラーゼ・フェンブ回るレム>の只中を……」

「この<魔王庭園>でならば、この魔眼めを多少開けるのでな」

言いながら、まっすぐ奴へ歩いていく。

俺の左眼は、滅紫に染まっており、その深淵に闇十字が浮かんでいた。

<混滅こんめつの魔眼>である。

それが、<世界のために運命はベルド・ラーゼ・フェンブ回るレム>の秩序を滅ぼしていた。

「我が眼前では、すべてが滅ぶ。秩序も、理ことわりも、貴様もだ、エクエス」

「……そんな秩序は存在しない……」

歯車の魔眼を驚愕に染め、奴は混乱したように言葉をこぼす。

「……いかなる魔眼を使おうと、運命は定められた。汝がなにをする前に、<世界のために運命はベルド・ラーゼ・フェンブ回るレム>が発動し、<魔王庭園>は滅び去る……」

「その<世界のために運命はベルド・ラーゼ・フェンブ回るレム>の理を滅ぼしたと言っている」

「……滅ぼせるはずがない。遅い早いではなく、運命は先に決まっているのだ。たとえ創世より前の過去に遡って力を発揮しようと、<運命の歯車>はそれより先に<魔王庭園>を滅ぼす……」

「くはは。秩序を盲信するあまり、目の前で起きていることが信じられぬか? その穴の空いた歯車の神眼めで、もっとよく深淵を覗け」

俺はピタリと足を止める。

「運命を定めたお前と、理を滅ぼした俺。二つの力は矛盾した。ゆえに俺が勝ったのだ」

軽く足を上げ、大地を踏みしめる。
その瞬間、地表に埋め込まれていた銅の歯車が皆一斉に砕け散った。

「矛盾とは混沌、すなわち俺の懐だ」

<混滅こんめつの魔眼>と滅ぼすべき理が矛盾したならば、俺が一方的に勝つ。

単純な話だ。
事象を一つに定めなければならない理に対して、それが起きなければよい<混滅の魔眼>の方が遙かに有利である。

その上矛盾は、<混滅の魔眼>の力に変わる。

Magic power gathered in Eques' whole body.

"I will steal the order that empowers thee from this three-sided world [Demon King Garden]." (Eques)

The Wheelwork Assembled God is filled with a copper-coloured glow.

"Behold, foreign body of the world. The [Cogwheel of Fate] has already begun to turn. No one can escape from this law. Bertexfemblem forces thee to a single fate." (Eques)

The [Cogwheel of Fate] scatters dark brown light.

"It is defeat." (Eques)

Copper cogwheels are embedded everywhere in the three-sided world.
Everywhere in the sky, on the ground surface, in the towns of ice, in the forests, and in the mountains, that [Cogwheel of Fate] began to turn.

"If thou dost make a single movement, the three-sided world [Demon King Garden], along with the Order of Creation, will shatter fragilely and disappear. That is what Bertexfemblem has just determined, a fate that can never be escaped, and can never be overturned." (Eques)

A foreign order envelops me.
The [Cogwheel of Fate] was turning, making an ominous sound.

Eques raised his hands grandly.

"Fate turns for the sake of the world [Beld Rase Femblem]." (Eques)

The copper cogwheels make a creaking sound.
It was trying to forcibly distort the order of the three-sided world created by Misha.

"Be overwhelmed and crushed by the [Cogwheel of Fate], foreign body of the world." (Eques)

A magic circle of cogwheels is drawn, and the connected copper wheels rotate.
While violently breaking the ground surface, it quickly swelled to a huge size.

"Divine World Cogwheel Control Wheel [Boros Hetero Arvis]." (Eques)

Making an ominous sound, and breaking the ground of ice, the copper wheel slowly approaches.
The dark brown sparks that roll up with every rotation vividly dye the three-sided world.

The divine wheel was trying to bite into my body, as if to run me over, and I was grabbing hold of it with both hands.

"--Now, in accordance with the [Cogwheel of Fate], it is time to perish. The temporary world, created by the God of Creation." (Eques)

Eques said as if he was convinced of victory.

I immediately knocked down the Divine World Cogwheel Control Wheel [Boros Hetero Arvis], and crushed it with all my strength.

A violent sound that shook the earth echoed.
The [Demon King Garden]--has not perished.

"...H..." (Eques)

One step, I stepped forward towards Eques.

"...H... ow...?" (Eques)

Eques muttered dumbfoundedly.

"...How... are you walking...? In the midst of Fate turns for the sake of the world [Beld Rase Femblem]..." (Eques)

"In this [Demon King Garden], I can slightly open this magic eye." (Anos)

I said, and walked straight to him.

My left eye was dyed in destructive purple, with a dark cross appearing in the abyss.

It is the [Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction].

It was destroying the order of Fate turns for the sake of the world [Beld Rase Femblem].

"Before my eyes, everything will perish. Order, reason, and you, Eques." (Anos)

"...Such an order does not exist..." (Eques)

The cogwheel's magic eyes were dyed with astonishment, and he spilled his words in confusion.

"...No matter what kind of magic eyes you use, your fate is determined. Before thou can do anything, Fate turns for the sake of the world [Beld Rase Femblem] will be activated, and the [Demon King Garden] will be destroyed..." (Eques)

"I'm saying I destroyed the reason of Fate turns for the sake of the world [Beld Rase Femblem]." (Anos)

"...It cannot be destroyed. It's not that it's too late or too early, but that fate is determined before it. Even if you go back to the past before the creation of the world and use your power, the [Cogwheel of Fate] will destroy the [Demon King Garden] before that..." (Eques)

"Kuhaha. Do you have such blind belief in order that you can't believe what's happening before your eyes? Look more properly into the abyss with the divine eyes of that perforated cogwheel." (Anos)

I suddenly stopped.

"You who determined fate, and I who destroyed reason. The two powers were contradictory. Therefore I won." (Anos)

I lightly raise my foot, and firmly step on the ground.
At that moment, all the copper cogwheels embedded in the ground shattered and disappeared simultaneously.

"Contradiction is chaos, that is, my domain." (Anos)

If there's a contradiction between the [Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction] and the reason that must be destroyed, I will win unilaterally.

It's that simple.
Compared to the reason which makes a single event certainly happen, it's far more advantageous for the [Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction] which makes this event never happen.

Additionally, the contradiction turns into the power of the [Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction].

- WN Chapter 477

An explanation of the above feat:

Anos was fighting Eques in the Demon King's Garden, a triple-layered universe that is essentially a "more durable" battlefield (this is a VERY simple explanation), where Anos can use more of his destructive power without the risk of destroying the real universe, as that would have happened multiple times in this battle if he had fought in the real universe.
Eques used the <Cogwheel of Fate> and activated <Beld Rase Femblem>. This induced an inescapable predetermined fate that determined if Anos made a single movement, the Demon King Garden would be destroyed (and subsequently the real universe would also be destroyed if Anos did not supress himself after that). It is later explained that the statement "a single movement" actually refers to any kind of action, including using his magic eyes. It is also later explained that this fated event would certainly happen even if he went back to the past before the creation of the world and used his power, because the fated event was determined to certainly happen even before that, as it was truly predetermined.
Eques then attacked Anos with <Boros Hetero Arvis> in an attempt to make him perform an action and activate <Beld Rase Femblem>'s effect. Anos proceeded to stop <Boros Hetero Arvis>, therefore performing an action, but the Demon King's Garden was not destroyed.
Anos explained that he can slightly open his MEoCD in the Demon King's Garden (there is no direct statement that he himself activated his magic eye, but it seems to be implied), and that his magic eye can destroy order (laws and concepts) and reason. He then also explained that he "destroyed the reason of <Beld Rase Femblem>", but Eques once again emphasised that you cannot destroy <Beld Rase Femblem> before it destroys the Demon King's Garden, as it is a predetermined fate that makes a single event certainly happen.
Finally, Anos explained that Eques' power and his MEoCD's power were contradictory, and that if there's a contradiction between the MEoCD and the reason that must be destroyed, he will win unilaterally. He then states, "Compared to the reason which makes a single event certainly happen, it's far more advantageous for the <Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction> which makes this event never happen. Additionally, the contradiction turns into the power of the <Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction>."

I realise the above explanation might be a bit confusing, so feel free to read the relevant scan yourself to form your own interpretation and explanation.

I personally have more than one interpretation and explanation (one is simple but seemingly less accurate, while the other is complicated but seemingly more accurate) of the relevant feat and how exactly Anos was able to destroy Eques' power without it destroying the Demon King's Garden:

1. We assume Anos' eyes acted automatically (similar to how Anos' normal Magic Eyes of Destruction (MEoD) can also seemingly act automatically) and faster than Eques' power, which could then explain in a simple non-NLF way how he was able to destroy Eques' power without it destroying the Demon King's Garden.
I personally do not really think this first explanation is the most accurate.

2. We do not assume Anos' eyes acted automatically and faster than Eques' power, but instead we just take the relevant feat as read. This would essentially mean that Anos destroyed Eques' power after the power already affected him and its effect (making a single event certainly happen) technically already should have activated, by destroying the reason of the power and creating a contradiction (making that same single event never happen), therefore unilaterally winning, and subsequently being unaffected by the power that already affected him, and also nullifying its effect, as if he was never even affected to begin with.
This explanation might seem a bit confusing, but I think it is a rather basic logical contradiction. Eques' power proposed that "This single event will certainly happen", while Anos' power proposed that "This single event will never happen". Logically, these two contradictory propositions cannot both be true in the same sense at the same time, and while Eques' proposition was true before Anos created the contradiction, Anos' proposition became true after Anos created the contradiction as a result of the nature of his MEoCD.
I personally think this second explanation is more accurate, because the MEoCD's power is in fact based on destroying reason (logic) and creating, and then winning, (logical) contradictions. Also, I believe according to Occam's razor, my second explanation which uses less assumptions would be preferred.

I also realise that my second explanation could potentially be NLF or something, because it basically explains that Anos can power null an ability (probably even passive abilities) after the ability already affected him, by destroying the reason of the ability and creating a contradiction, therefore unilaterally winning, and subsequently being unaffected by the ability that already affected him, and also nullifying its effect, as if he was never even affected to begin with, which is why I did not add it to Anos' profile page. However, a counter-argument to any potential arguments of NLF would be that anyone who can resist the MEoCD's law manip, concept manip, and power null would be able to affect Anos.

The power of Anos' MEoCD seems like a good example of logic manipulation IMO, as it literally destroys reason, so the second explanation being confusing and seemingly impossible is not really a relevant factor, especially since Venuzdonoa, another reason destroying power, also has many such seemingly impossible feats.

The above is just my personal interpretations and explanations, so other people can ofc post other interpretations if they want to.
Anyways, please discuss the above mentioned relevant feat and any of its interpretations and explanations here, so that we can choose the most accurate explanation and possibly revise it on Anos' profile page if necessary.

Last edited:
At the beginning I was 50/50, the first interpretation would be the easiest to understand but the one that could be the least similar to the interpretation of the chapter, the second as you said is more accurate, but has the problem that its very potentially NLF if not explained correctly...

I personally want to continue agreeing to the first one, but after reading your explanation I've decided for the second one...

It's a good idea to compare currently with venuzdonoa because they are very similar and it could be a proof that's not so NLF. Its a bit difficult to explain in a better way since destroying the reason results more in as you say manipulation/destruction of logic rather than laws....

Regarding the activation speed that could be given to MEoCD the first option could give it IMO a passive level above Immeasurable due to the mere description of Eques' ability and due to the Immeasurable feats that Eques have demonstrated himself, his spear, gears, etc... Meanwhile the second option does not give a clear speed feat, but should be scaled above Anos' Eyes of destruction that are passive.

TL;DR... I agree with the second option but my agreement may change if there are better arguments to support the first option.

Also what about MEoCD having causality manipulation? As they can make an event or anything never happen?

What Elizhaa accepted is probably fine to apply.

Okay. Thank you to the very few people who actually gave input in this thread.
It seems that the second explanation has been accepted.

Here is my suggested new explanation of the MEoCD:

"This magic eye can make events that will certainly happen and/or already happened never happen, by destroying reason and creating a logical contradiction, therefore unilaterally winning. In other words, **as one possible use of this magic eye, Anos can destroy a power after the power already affected him, by destroying the reason of the power and creating a logical contradiction, therefore unilaterally winning, and subsequently nullifying the power's effect as if he was never even affected to begin with; ..."

Please give input on the above suggestion, and by all means let me know if it seems confusing.

Last edited:
Your suggestion really seems perfect to me according to how it reads in the novel, in itself it's a bit more broken than what Anos had before but more potentially NLF, although I think your explanation covers that point well, all this would change if we had a "Logic Manipulation" page tho. A side question, will this change MEoCD P&A? Or will it continue having EE, Law, Cm & Powernull?

Last edited:
A side question, will this change MEoCD P&A? Or will it continue having EE, Law, Cm & Powernull?
The MEoCD's P&A section would remain the same.

Also what about MEoCD having causality manipulation? As they can make an event or anything never happen?
I have seen other verse supporters also mention this, but I personally am unsure if the MEoCD should have causality manip based on "making a single event never happen", especially since it rather seems to be done with logic manip. However, I admit that I am not very knowledgeable on causality manip, and do not properly know what exactly could qualify for causality manip, so input from other members who are more knowledgeable on causality manip would be preferable.

Last edited:
The MEoCD's P&A section would remain the same.
Fine then
I have seen other verse supporters also mention this, but I personally am unsure if the MEoCD should have causality manip based on "making a single event never happen", especially since it rather seems to be done with logic manip. However, I admit that I am not very knowledgeable on causality manip, and do not properly know what exactly could qualify for causality manip, so input from other members who are more knowledgeable on causality manip would be preferable.
Yeah, i agree that is based on logic manipulation, tho that ability don't exist yet in the wiki, and it makes some sense that it would also exercise some type of causality manip, although like you I would prefer to wait for more input.

Last edited:
I agree with the new explanation for MEoCD (unfortunately, there is no logical manipulation in this wiki) and actually i also agree with causality manipulation for MEoCD

I agree with the second interpretation, due to it actually explaining thing.

Also according to the feat, look like Anos slightly open his eyes, which is not a complete action or the action itself still half-way before it done, thus the Garden still not get blast away, then the eyes power active to clash with Esque power, then null it.

Also according to the feat, look like Anos slightly open his eyes, which is not a complete action or the action itself still half-way before it done, thus the Garden still not get blast away, then the eyes power active to clash with Esque power, then null it.
Maybe, but that still being an action sooo....

Last edited:
Iirc slightly open them in the context means open and close them because it would cause more destruction were they left open. As we know from volume 13 he was about to destroy two deep world just by keeping them open for 30 seconds.
I agree with the second interpretation, due to it actually explaining thing.

@CrimsonStarFallen @Celestial_Pegasus

You are the only staff members who seem to know this verse reasonable well, so I would appreciate your input here.
Pegasus lost interest in this verse long time ago and I've never seen Crimson involved in a CRT of the verse so idk why he's listed as supporter, the only staff that participate and help the most in this verse is @Elizhaa despite no being a supporter

Pegasus lost interest in this verse long time ago and I've never seen Crimson involved in a CRT of the verse so idk why he's listed as supporter, the only staff that participate and help the most in this verse is @Elizhaa despite no being a supporter
Well, I think that their jobs as staff members include giving input to verses that they are not interested in, but have more knowledge about than the rest of our staff, at times.

I mean, I can understand a distaste for the verse, given that it seems to teach its viewers the moral that being a psychopathic power mad megalomaniacal control freak who wants to be an oppressive god-tyrant to everybody else is perfectly alright and even laudable, but I have still tried help out, as accuracy is extremely important, and it is one of the most popular verses for our visitors.

I mean, I can understand a distaste for the verse, given that it seems to teach its viewers the moral that being a psychopathic power mad megalomaniacal control freak who wants to be an oppressive god-tyrant to everybody else is perfectly alright and even laudable, but I have still tried help out, as accuracy is extremely important, and it is one of the most popular verses for our visitors.
What verse are you talking about?

The one about Anos, the power-tripping wannabe tyrant of everybody. Then again, I am going by summaries of the plot, rather than having read the series myself.

Okay. That is good. I was getting a delusional power-mad psychopathic megalomaniacal supremacist social-Darwinian wannabe god-tyrant Suggsversian impression from it.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I think I understand why many don't like the series.... Because if at first glance they have a pov like that it's very easy to get the wrong idea about the series cuz Anos have never acted that way.... Anyway, I'll keep waiting for input from the staff.

These revisions always cover machine translated stuff, I don't have anything against the series if anything it's that I don't like machine translations.

But yea, this series is nowhere near my radar, have too much other stuff to do, and could care less about the ratings.

That said, will look at this later, I have no knowledge on this stuff though.

Lmao. Anos (if that is even the character you are trying to describe) is almost the exact opposite of this description (in a good way)...

Last edited:
Okay. My apologies for the misunderstanding then. As I said. I was getting Suggsverse-style wibes from it.

These revisions always cover machine translated stuff, I don't have anything against the series if anything it's that I don't like machine translations.

But yea, this series is nowhere near my radar, have too much other stuff to do, and could care less about the ratings.

That said, will look at this later, I have no knowledge on this stuff though.
No problem. Thank you for helping out.

Okay. My apologies for the misunderstanding then. As I said. I was getting Suggsverse-style wibes from it.
No problem, it is easy to misunderstand when there is no knowledge about something, even more so when there are many similar series that may come close to the description you provided above.

Thank you for helping out. What Elizhaa and Celestial Pegasus accepted can probably be applied then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back