• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

I'll say again, sonic team is better at making cartoons and films than video games nowadays
Yeah they have 4 major projects on the way/recently released 2 have been successful 1 looks very promising and the other looks really bad guess which is the video game

I'll list mine off:
  • Johnny Test is the most overhated show ever (it's pretty obvious that I would say this)
  • My Life As A Teenage Robot is a top 5 Nickelodeon show
  • Fairly OddParents is hella underappreciated
  • The Isekai genre isn't that bad
  • Shonen anime can get confusing asf with the amount of bullshit abilities the characters are getting
  • Kill La Kill is the best show Studio Trigger made (though Gurren Lagann is a close second)
  • Gurren Lagann is the best mecha anime
  • ATLA is definitely a good-great show, but I don't think it's one of the greatest cartoons ever
  • Serialized shows in general are hella overrated. Just because a show has an overarching plot doesn't make it automatically better than episodic (I've legit seen some people dismiss good animated shows just because it doesn't have an overarching plot)
That's all I have for now.
damn, this is the first time I saw someone mentioning fairly oddparents in internet

Post your hot takes on animation here. Anything animation related is welcomed! Try not to get toxic though, pls.
Bleach being in big 3 and Bleach being underrecognized kinda bugs me, I've barely seen anyone talk about Bleach other than in fiction matchups lul

I dont know how to word everything correctly, sorry.

If I were to have a nickel for everytime a Malaysian cartoon outclassed 99% of all other cartoons including anime in coherent storytelling and great plots. I would have 2 nickels. It's not much but weird that it happened.

If I were to have a nickel for everytime a Malaysian cartoon outclassed 99% of all other cartoons including anime in coherent storytelling and great plots. I would have 2 nickels. It's not much but weird that it happened.
You mean like BoBoiBoy?

Upin-Ipin kinda sucks now lol, I like the old one better, it would be 3 nickels if Upin-Ipin now isnt absurd and weird.

Hulk 2003' CGI is not that bad, and its kind of satisfying to watch.

It is also the best Hulk film, with the most emotion attached behind it, like the scenes with Hulk finding peace

Oh, and that final battle, while confusing, is still great with Banner and his cool ass monologue

The scene from MHA World Heroes' Mission where Nine absorbed Deku's OFA was directly ripped off from the scent where BoBoiBoy's solar elemental was absorbed by Retakka in BoBoiBoy: The Movie 2.

Of course his 2 most popular works are probably Dexter and SJ but Hotel Transylvania, Sym-Bionic Titan, Star Wars: Clone Wars and Primal will forever be masterpieces.

Back